Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 8

Keegan woke up with the feeling that she was in a sauna. She was hot. Extremely hot. The summer heat had hit her like a ton of bricks. She rolled over and looked at her clock. 12:30. "Damn." Keegan sighed. She pulled back the sheets, only to reveal her naked body. Everything from the night before came rushing back to her. She sat up and held the sheets up to her chest. "Zacky." She called out. She looked around the room. All of his clothes were gone. There was no trace of him left in the room. Nothing except for the condom wrapper that was lying on her dresser. It seemed to be staring at her. Fucking laughing at her.

Keegan got up and put on the clothes she had on yesterday before walking downstairs. Chloe and Jason were wide awake. Jason was in the kitchen trying to down a glass of Pepsi, while Chloe painted her toe nails on the sofa. "Rough night?" Chloe asked.

"Something like that." Keegan said making her way to the kitchen. She began to make some coffee. "You guys see where Zacky went?" She asked. Chloe looked up at Jason who seemed to be unconcerned.

"He left for his tour." Jason said. Keegan spun around so fast, she felt as if she was going to throw up.

"He what?!" Keegan yelled.

"You didn't know?" Chloe asked. Keegan shook her head.

"Nobody told me."

"Zacky didn't tell you?" Jason asked.

"Nobody told me." Keegan repeated. She couldn't believe Zacky. He had used her. He was probably sitting with all his friends telling them how he managed to get her on her back. "I can't believe him." She said shaking her head. Keegan took a deep breath. She felt tears making their way to her eyes.

"Hun, what happened?" Chloe asked. Keegan said nothing. She knew if she said anything she would break down and throw a fit. She took another deep breath before walking up the stairs. When she got to her room, she closed her door and threw herself onto her bed.

She never cried so hard in her life. She was so angry. More at herself than at Zacky. If she would've just controlled herself then nothing would've happened between them. But Keegan didn't expect this to happen. What she and Zacky did the night before was so good. It was so intense. It was like a shot of clarity for the both of them. They were both gasping and shaking when they were finished. Both were hot and dripping with sweat. Their arms and legs were wrapped around each other, and their lips were always connected to each other's. Keegan didn't eve imagine something like this happening after last night.

Keegan managed to stop crying for a moment when she heard a knock on the door. "Keegan." Chloe said from the other side of the door. Keegan couldn't speak. She was crying so hard her throat was sore. "Are you okay?" Keegan didn't answer, so Chloe walked in, closing the door behind her. "Keegan, what happened?" Chloe already knew the answer. Zacky fucked, then left her. Chloe wanted to hear it though. She wanted Keegan to tell her. "Did you guys..." She stopped when she noticed the condom wrapper.

"I can't believe him." Keegan cried. She sat up and brought a pillow into her lap. "Last night... he seemed so different. He wasn't his usual asshole self."

"I'm sorry." Chloe said.

"I must look like a fool." Keegan sobbed. "Why didn't he tell me?" She asked. "He didn't mention it at all."

"Maybe..." Chloe stopped to look for the right words. She wanted to say something that would cheer Keegan up. But nothing came to her. She knew what Zacky did was fucked up. A blind man could see that.

"Do you know when he's coming back?" Keegan asked Chloe.

Chloe just shrugged. "I'm not for sure." She said. "Jason told me that they have a couple of shows on the east coast, but that was it." Keegan laid back down and brought her pillow close to her chest. Chloe took that as a sign that Keegan didn't want to talk anymore. "If you need anything, let me know."

When Keegan finally managed to get hersef together, she took a shower, and tried to clean up a bit. She hated the fact that Zacky took advantage of her and used her. But there was nothing she could do about it now. So, she just cleaned. She opened all her windows, let some fresh air in, and cleaned the hell out of her room.

Just when she was about to get under her bed, someone knocked on the door. "Come in." She said. She expeted to see Chloe, but instead she got Jason. He came in and sat down in the chair at her vanity.

"I've never seen your room this clean." He said.

"I'm not finished yet." Keegan said as she sat down on her bed.

"But I can see the floor." He said. They both sat there quietly for a few seconds before Jason spoke again. "I should've warned you about Zacky." Jason said. "He's not the most trustworthy person." Keegan just shrugged. "I didn't say anything at first because you guys were just hanging out. I didn't know that you guys were going to..." Jason stopped for a moment. "I didn't think you guys were going to be that close." Jason stood up and sighed. "So, I just wanted to apologize."

"You didn't have to." Keegan said. Aftert that there was nothing left to say, so Jason left, closing her door behind him. Keegan sat there on her bed thinking about what Jason just told her. She kind of figured Zacky wasn't the most trustworthy person. He was in a band. She just didn't think that he would do something to hurt her. All Keegan could really do was try to get over it. So she got off her bed and went back to work.