Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 9

Keegan woke up feeling as if she had to throw up. Today is the day Zacky comes home. She knows because of Jason. He talks to Zacky every now and then. Jason would tell her how Zacky would ask about her every time he called too. He'd always want to know how she was, if she was seeing anybody, and if she was mad at him. He got the answer when he called her. When she realized it was him, she hung up on him, and turned off her phone. She didn't want to have a thing to do with him. So, she was more than pissed when she walked downstairs and found out that Jason was throwing the guys a welcome back party at their house. "You're doing what?!" She asked.

"I told him it was a bad idea." Chloe said. "He's just asking for trouble."

"It won't be that bad." Jason tried to assure the girls.

"It won't be that bad?" Keegan asked. "You're going to throw a party in our house for a guy you described as not very trustworthy." Keegan said. She was so pissed off, she was fuming. "Why would you invite someone like that in our home?"

"Calm down Keegan." Jason said.

"This is as calm as it gets." She snarled.

"Zacky's my friend."

"I'm your friend too." Keegan said.

"Jason, you should do this party somewhere else." Chloe said. Jason looked at Chloe and then at Keegan.

"If you guys wanted to throw your friends' a party here, I wouldn't say a damn thing."

"But this is different." Chloe said. "You know what happened between them and you're still going to bring him here."

"It's not like he hates her or something." Jason said. "He wants to see her."

"I don't want to see him!" Keegan said. "Please Jason." Jason was quiet. He just stood there with this sad pathetic look on his face.

"Keegan I can't change it now-" Keegan mustered up all the stregnth she could to push him. He hardly moved at all when her palms came in contact with his chest. Jason looked down at Chloe while Keegan ran up the stairs. "Baby, don't be mad at me too."

"This is really fucked up Jason." Chloe said walking away.

"Chloe." He said following her.

"You know how sensitive the subject is for her."

"But babe-"

"You're supposed to be her friend."

"I am-"

"What you're doing is even making me feel bad." Chloe said. "I feel like she should be mad at me too because you're my boyfriend."

"Chloe calm down." Jason said taking ahold of her hand. "I'll figure something out, I promise."

"You better." Chloe said as she made her way up the stairs.

She knocked on Keegan's door before letting herself in. Keegan was going through her drawers and picking out things to wear. "Where are you going?" Chloe asked. She sat down on the edge of Keegan's bed.

"I don't know." She said. "All I know is I don't want to be here when Zacky comes."

"I'm sorry about Jason." Chloe said.

"What the hell is his problem?" Keegan asked. Chloe just shrugged. "Why would he choose Zacky over us?" She shook her head as she tried to wrap her mind around the concept. "I just need to get out the house. I might go visit my parents."

"All day?"

"Maybe all week." Keegan said. "Jason's parties never seem to end."

"All right." Chloe sighed. She felt really bad. She couldn't believe Jason. "Call me if you need anything, okay?" Keegan nodded. Chloe walked out of her room and closed the door behind her.

Keegan walked over to her stereo and put in a mix of classics. The first song was Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison. She put it on repeat and turned it up as loud as it could go before stripping down to nothing. She made her way to her bathroom as she sang the words. She hoped that a nice hot shower could calm her down a little.

Zacky looked up at the tall white house. He felt sick. His stomach couldn't stop dancing. He was so nervous. "Come on." Jimmy said nudging him with is elbow. "Get it over with." Zacky took a deep breath and begin to walk forward.

"She's going to kill me." He mumbled to himself. He ran his hand down his face and sighed.

"Who the hell is listening to this hippy music?" Matt asked. Zacky looked up at the house and noticed that the window to Keegan's room was open. They could hear the music coming from her room. Zacky was kind of hoping to catch a glimpes of her.

"Nervous?" Johnny asked him. Zacky looked over at him and took a deep breath.

"What do you think?"

"If I were you I'd be shitting bricks right now." When they made it to the door, they rang the doorbell and waited. It was fairly silent, except for Brian singing Whitesnake's Here I Go Again. Zacky couldn't help himself but join in too. He'd do anything to calm his nerves. Just then, the door swung open. Zacky nearly pissed himself. But he had nothing to be worried about yet. It was just Jason.

"You're here early." Jason said. The look on his face said it all. He was just as nervous and as terrified as Zacky was. All the guys pilled inside the house and found some place to get comfortable. "How was the tour?" Jason asked.

"Like every other one." Matt said. "Long." He looked over at Chloe who was standing behind the kicthen counter getting everyone drinks. "Hey Chloe."

"Hey." She smiled as brought everyone a beer. When her eyes settled on Zacky, her smile faded. "You've got a lot of nerve showing up here after when you did to Keegan." Chloe said as she thrusted the bottle in Zacky's direction.

"Baby, come on." Jason said. Chloe held up her hand silently telling him to shut up.

"You messed around with the wrong one Zachary Baker." She said waving her finger in his face. All the guys stared at him slightly admired about how he could just sit there and take everything this girl was throwing at him. "Keegan doesn't even want to stay at her own home because you're here. She's leaving for her parents house for a week because of you." Chloe said. She stood up straight and removed her hand from Zacky's face. She looked at her boyfriend, and then back at Zacky. "Enjoy your beer." She turned to walk away, only to have Jason follow her.

"Man," Brian said. "I'd hate to be you Zacky."

"I shouldn't have even came." Zacky sighed.

"Don't worry about it." Matt said.

"That's easy for you to say." Zacky said. "You don't have two chicks at your throat right now."

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself." Jimmy said. Zacky stood up and walked to the nearby bathroom and shut the door.

Keegan grabbed her iPod and her bag and made her way downstairs. Shye was stunnedd to find Jimmy, Johnny, Matt and Brian sitting in the living room. "What the hell are you guys doing here?" She asked.

"Hey." Jimmy said.

"You hate us too?" Brian asked.

"No..." Keegan said. She dropped her bag at the front door and walked over to the guys. "I didn't expect you guys to get here so early."

"So, you're going to your parents house?" Johnny asked.

"Yea," Keegan said. "How'd you know?"

"Chloe." Matt said. "She mentioned it when she was ripping Zacky a new one." Keegan eyes grew wide. She could just imagine what Chloe said to him. She kind of felt sorry for him. When Chloe was mad, everyone around had to deal with her attitude.

"Where is he?" Keegan whispered.

"He went to the bathroom with his tail between his legs after what Chloe told him." Johnny said.

"Keegan," Chloe said as she skipped down the stairs. "Here." She tossed her Jason's car keys. "You should probably get going." Keegan nodded and stood up.

"It was nice talking to you guys." She said to the boys. "Thanks Chloe." She smiled as she grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder.

"Remember, you can call me." Chloe reminded her.

"I will." Keegan smiled. She waved goodbye to the guys before closing the door. She had high expectations about this stay with her parents. She hoped that she could stay a while a try to get her mind off of Zacky.

"Keegan." Her dad said as he sat up from the sofa. "What're you doing here?" Her brother came busting out the kitchen with a glass of water in his hand. They both noticed her bag.

"You don't mind if I stay for a few days, do you?" She asked her dad. She set her bag down near the sofa and sat across from her dad.

"Do you actually mean a few days?" He asked.

"More like a week." Keegan admitted. "But that's all." Her brother came and sat down next to her.

"What's wrong with your current living arrangements?" He asked her.

"Jason is having a huge party that might last forever, and I don't won't to be home for it." Keegan's dad and her brother exchanged glances. It wasn't like Keegan to turn down a party.

"Keegan, what hapened?" Her dad asked. Keegan looked at her dad, and then at her brother. Danny even looked sympathetic. Damn, she thought. I must be fucking transparent.

"Nothing happened." She said. "What makes you think something happened?"

"Are you serious?" Danny asked. "You never turn down a party."

"I'm just really tired." Keegan sighed. "Please dad," She pleaded. "Can I stay?"

"Of course you can stay."

Zacky pushed past the many people at the party. Most of them were welcoming him back with smiles and hugs. He would try and smile back, but he just couldn't bring himself to it. He made his way up the stairs until he reached Keegan's room. "She probably locked it." He said to himself. He looked around him to make sure Chloe wasn't around before reaching for the door knob. To his surprise it wasn't locked. He slowly entered the room. He had this overwelming feeling of joy as he closed the door behind him.

He stood in the middle of her room and took a sip of his beer. He looked around and realized that her room had changed. It was a lot cleaner now, and she had changed it around a bit. He looked down at Keegan's bed and got a really weird feeling. He knew he shouldn't be in here. He felt like a stalker. If Chloe walked in here right now, he knew he'd be screwed. But he couldn't bring himself to leave. The little time he spent with Keegan had a major impact on him. That's why it was imparitive for him to talk to her. he wanted to explain why he left so suddenly, and he wanted to tell her how sorry he was. Even if they couldn't make it as a couple, he still wanted to be her friend.