Status: Complete. (10.10.10 - 9.1.11)

To Write Love on His Arms

Nineteen-

Uh oh. Oh no. As soon as the words left my lips it became silent and Atticus just stared at me with questioning eyes. "What do you mean? Shouldn't you have seen me through the corner of your eye?" He asked and stepped closer to me. My eyes darted everywhere else but him, "Well... I-I-I." I stumbled over my words Atticus' face turned suspicious and he reached out and touched my cheek. I felt me face heat up at the sudden contact and Atticus just got closer.

"June...." He asked, starring closely at the left side of my face, at my blue eye. "Hm...?" I asked quietly and stared at the floor. He probably thinks I'm a freak. and then he'll beg his parents to move someplace else and Lyn and I will be left alone again.

"Why-" Atticus was interrupted by barking and feet pawing at the front door. I sighed in relief under my breath and walked out of the kitchen and away from Atticus' unsaid question. I opened the front door to reveal a panting Lyn who dashed through my legs and made a beeline for her water bowl.

While Atticus was asleep I had let the puppy out to explore on her own and get rid of her energy, obviously it went just as how i had planned and she was exhausted. I closed and locked the door then made my way back to the kitchen.

Atticus looked lost in thought as he leaned against the counter and I could feel his gaze on me as I opened the cupboard and brought out a can of dog food. I then grabbed the empty bowl next to Lyn and her water bowl then opened the can and emptied it's contents into the dog dish. I set it on the floor and Lyn began devouring it.

"June." Atticus called, my head snapped up to him. He motioned with his finger to come to him and though part of me wanted to shy away, the other part obeyed his command and I found myself in front of him.

Atticus' hand cupped my left cheek and his thumb glided over the skin below my blue eyes. His hands were soft and warm, it felt good. My eyes fluttered shut for a second, enjoying the small boys touch but I reopened them only to find his hand covering my right eye. His hand caressing my cheek disappeared and I just found myself staring into darkness.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" He asked softly. I didn't reply and I knew I could probably just guess but I didn't want to try pretending I could see in my left eye. Truth was I couldn't. The truth was that I was just born that way. Truth was that, I honestly accepted the fact that there was nothing I could do about it. Did I want to accept that? No, but I knew I had to.

"I can't see." I replied emotionless and then his hand was gone and my right eye was flooded with vision. I stared down at Attic us who bit his bottom lip and looked at me worriedly. No traces of disgust were there. I felt my heart soar just a bit.

"What happened?" He asked quietly. Atticus' hand caressed my cheek again and his thumb rubbed my skin gently. I sighed and found myself reaching out and pulling him close to me, my arms wrapping around his waist.

I didn't notice though, I wasn't paying attention. It just happened instinctively and though I saw Atty's face painted red I didn't make any movement to let him go. I just kept him close to me and he didn't stop touching my cheek, in fact his other hand reached up and my face was being caressed in his small smooth hands.

I closed my eyes, remembering that I didn't answer his question. "I was born that way." I whispered, still keeping my eyes shut. Atticus let out a small sound of understanding and I just relished in the fact that he didn't push me away. It hadn't phased him one bit.

The past days of only getting three hours of sleep seemed to catch up to me and I felt extremely sleepy. "June." Atticus called out softly. "Huh?" I asked, my eyes opening half way.

"As warm as you may be, It's kinda weird having you this close. And you should really get some sleep. I don't think you've gotten any." He said and peered up at me. I let him go slowly and dragged myself into the living room and on the couch.

"Night June." I heard him say. I mumbled back to him and fell asleep with in seconds.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to:
BisexualAngel
Pjhazard
Nytestalker
Mhmmalli
Banana.Butter
MySweetBlasphemy
CeraRachel
KobraKid
Unexpected.
whatidoforaliving


For commenting and I'm pretty sure that Nytestalker was my 100Th commenter, right? and welcome aboard Bannana.Butter to commenting.whatidoforaliving hmmm Junebug huh? Mind if I use that nickname for later chapters? o:

The rest of you 136 subscribers should really drop a Comment and to those who haven't subscribe.

P.S. If my sister gets her job then she'll pay for my ticket and give me money to buy merchandise and the BVB Concert. YOU SHOULD GO CHECK THAT CONCERT OUT! THE AP TOUR! <3

P.S.S. I changed June's picture :] It fits better sorry you Alex McKee fans.

P.S.S.S. What does PS even mean?