Status: Hiatus

I Feel Our Memories Fade With Time.

No More Dreams!



*~Tyler’s P.O.V~*

I had met up with Kyle after school and we talked for a bit. He was a cool kid. We sat on the steps waiting for our rides to show up.

“So your mom comes late too?” he asked.

“No, my dad picks me up. I don’t have my mom,” I said.

“Why not?”

“She died right before I turned four.”

“Oh. So your dad comes late to pick you up too?”

“I guess. He plays music with my two uncles and two more friends. I can get why he’d be late.”

“Oh. Ok, that’s neat,” he said as a horn blew. “That’s my mom, see you tomorrow Tyler?”

“Yeah.”

He walked away, but a moment later, I heard my name. I looked and saw dad. I grabbed my bag and ran to the car.

“Who was that I saw you talking to?” he asked.

“That’s Kyle. I sit behind him in Math class, and we have Social Studies, Gym, and lunch together.”

“Aww, see Tyler? I told you that you would make friends. It doesn’t all revolve around your cousins.”

“I know, dad. He’s a cool kid.”

“That’s cool. How was school then?”

“It was okay.”

He nodded and was about to take off, but there was a knock on the window. I looked and saw Ms. Peterson standing there. Dad looked too.

“Mr. Way I presume?”

“Yes.”

“I’m Ms. Peterson, I’m Tyler’s Math teacher.”

“What did he do?”

“Nothing. I was just leaving and I saw him head this way. He left his calculator behind.” She handed it through the window.

“Thanks,” both of us said.

“No problem. Take care. See you tomorrow, Tyler.”

She walked away, and dad looked at me.

“That’s your Math teacher? She looks twenty-five.”

“She’s a good teacher, dad. What? You like her?”

“She’s too young for me. Remember I’m thirty-six.”

“Haha, you’re old,” I laughed.

“Oh, Ty.” He ruffled my hair. “Hungry?”

“Yeah.”

We headed to Taco Bell and got some food. Then we went home and I went up to my room to do my homework. I was in the middle of solving math problems when I decided to take a break. I put my head down and I fell asleep instantly.

I woke up when someone slammed the front door. I crawled out of bed and looked through the crack of the door. It was Uncle Frank. I didn’t hear any other voices, so I guessed he was the only one to come home. He was heading for my mom’s room, holding a bottle of something in one hand, and a glass of water in the other. I snuck out and crept down to the door. I watched him put something in the glass, and he gave it to mom after waking her up.

“Frank, what are you doing home?” she asked sleepily.

“I got tired of the club. Water?”

“I’m fine.”

“Just drink it. I wanted to talk to you.”

“About what?” she asked after downing the glass.

“I know that you’re my sister…” he trailed off as she seemed to fall back to sleep.

I thought she was asleep, until she groaned and moved a little. Then I saw blankets and clothes fly. They were both naked. He held her down as he did something to her. I didn’t know what it was but mom didn’t like it. It went on for a while. I heard my mom crying.

“I couldn’t control my feelings, but you better not tell anybody,” he said.

“I won’t,” she said with a cracked up voice.

“I swear, if you tell anybody…”

“I won’t. Leave.”

I ran back to my room and crawled back into bed. My uncle just did something bad to my mom. What was it?


I woke up with my Math homework stuck to my face. I rubbed my eyes, grabbed the pencil that was also stuck to my face, and finished my homework. Then I went downstairs for dinner. I had to ask dad.