Status: Hiatus

I Feel Our Memories Fade With Time.

It's Real

As Junior year passed by swiftly, Steph and I became closer than ever. We officially called ourselves a real couple now. We’d hold hands in the hallway, and do what all high school couples would do, minus the sex. Around Christmas break, I already had my plan to ask her to Prom, even though it’s better to go Senior year. I’d go both years, if I got to go with someone like her.

“Tyler?” Dad asked one night.

“Yes?”

“What do you want to get Steph for Christmas?”

“I dunno. Damn, I hadn’t thought.”

“You should go think about that. Of course, I’d buy it.”

“Can we go looking tomorrow?”

“Of course! Do you have any idea of what you would be looking for?”

“Well something nice. Since she’s my girlfriend now. Jewelry perhaps?”

“Cool. Go get some sleep, and we’ll go shopping in the morning.”

I nodded and headed to take a shower before bed. As I got out, I heard dad talking to someone. Like I usually did, I took my spot at the top of the stairs and listened in. It was Uncle Frank again.

“I got bored. So Tyler has a girlfriend now eh?”

“Yeah. They’re really getting closer with each passing day.”

“That’s great.”

“Yeah. Lisa would be proud.”

“She would. He’s what, almost seventeen?”

“Mmmhmm.”

“God, where is the time going? These kids are growing up so fast.”

“They really are, Frank.”

“Tyler, he’s like a junior you. He really looks a lot like you when we were all younger.”

“He’s got Lisa’s eyes though.”

“I swear he’s gonna grow up to basically be a miniature you.”

I sighed. I never liked when they talked about me like that. I continued to listen in though.

“He’s happier though. Especially with Stephanie around. I really think they’re a good couple, even at their age. I feel like it’s something that’ll really last. I mean, they’ve known each other since seventh grade or something like that.”

“Mikey? You got your work cut out for you.”

“Nah. They’re both mature. It’ll be fine.”

I got up and went back to my room. Steph was online, so I talked to her. I just had to tell her what they were saying anyways.

Ty-Ty says: My dad’s talking about us.

Steph123098 says: Oh really?

Ty-Ty says: Yep. To my uncle.

Steph123098 says: Good things I hope.

Ty-Ty says: Of course! They think we’ll work out for the long-run

Steph123098 says: Well, do you think so?

Ty-Ty says: We’ve been good friends since seventh grade. We’ve never really had a fight, so I’m believing it.

Steph123098 says: You raise good points.

Ty-Ty says: What do you think?

Steph123098 says: I believe it too.

Ty-Ty says: I’m shopping for your Christmas present tomorrow.

Steph123098 says: Oh? FOR WHAT!?

Ty-Ty says: Not telling.

Steph123098 says: Well I’m not telling you what I got you!

Ty-Ty says: Okay…he-he. I can wait.

Steph123098 says: Grrr. You anger me sometimes.

Ty-Ty says: Oh? :(

Steph123098: That’s why I love you! *Kiss* I’m going to bed. Night. Love you!

Ty-Ty says: Me too. Night. *Kiss*

Steph123098 has signed out.

I smiled to myself, then laid in bed. There was always that curse that high school couples would never work out. I’ve seen some that had, and I wanted to believe this one would too.

In the morning, dad and I went to the mall to look around. We went to the jewelry stores and looked. Then I found what I wanted. It was a leather rope, and the charm was a silver heart with a single emerald jemstome in it. I thought it was pretty awesome, and I knew she liked necklaces.

“That. It’s her birthstone, and I think it’s perfect,” I said.

He looked. “Wow, you have good taste, Tyler.”

I smiled to myself and the lady put it in a box and dad paid her. I knew she would like it. Nothing too insane, yet it was beautiful. I couldn’t wait till Christmas now. Still one more week to go. I was already antsy to give it to her. I started to wonder what she got me.