Status: Hiatus

I Feel Our Memories Fade With Time.

Preparations For Prom

A/N: Chapter written by Steph and pm'd to me. I didn't write this.

Stephanie’s POV:

I woke up the morning of the day before prom with a smile plastered on my face. The day before I had got my prom dress and it was just beyond beautiful. It was black with a red stripe across the top of it, the skirt angled so that the highest part was just above my knee and the lowest reached the middle of my shin, and it was strapless. Oo-la-la.

Slipping out of bed, I heard my mom calling me from downstairs, followed by the smell of bacon frying. Practically running downstairs, I ran into my mom.

“Hey Stephanie, watch it!” she laughed, and I grinned at her, picking up a piece of bacon off of a plate but dropping it right away as it was hot. “Watch, those are hot,” my mom said with her back towards me.

“Yeah, I noticed.” Shaking my head I got my reflection in the toaster and got a sudden, crazy idea. Running a hand through my short, dark blond hair, I turned slowly to face my mom’s back. “Mommy?”

“Oh no, she wants something,” my dad said, coming in and sitting down at the table, picking up the piece of bacon that I had just dropped and pretty much inhaling it.

My mom turned towards me, cocking her hip in a sarcastic manner. “What do you want now?”

“Erm, can we…I….we go out today?” I looked down at the ground and rubbed my big toe on the floor.

“We were just out yesterday? What else do you need?”

I practically jumped on her and spilled out quickly, “IWANTWHITEUNDERTONESANDMYCARTILAGEPIERCED! PLEASE MOMMY PLEASE?!”

She blinked a few times before taking a step back and turning her attention to the bacon. “Hm. I guess.”

“OH MY GOSH YAY!” I ran around in circles, dancing, singing, and just being well…me. “I’MMA CHANGE MY LOOKS TODAY!”

“Does Tyler know you act like this?”

I looked at my dad and laughed. “Not exactly…”

“No wonder he’s still with you,” he said, snorting and smirking, which earned him a playful slap on the arm. Then I ran back towards my mom.

“CANWEGONOWPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE?!!” I clung onto her arm and jumped up and down.

“Jesus!” She took her arm back, handing me a box of cereal. “After breakfast, okay?”

I swear to God, I never ate a bowl of cereal and bacon faster. Afterwards I ran upstairs and got changed, logging into MSN, which I recently persuaded Tyler into downloading. Luckily, he was on.

Stephanie; AKA super genius says:
Tylerrrrrr.

The REAL Guitar Hero says:
Stephhhhhhh.

Stephanie; AKA super genius says:
What are you doing later on today?

The REAL Guitar Hero says:
I dunno. Why?

Stephanie; AKA super genius says:
I’m going to have something to show you.

The REAL Guitar Hero says:
Really? What?

Stephanie; AKA super genius says:
That’s top secret; I would be forced to kill you if I told you in advance.

Then I heard my mom calling me, telling me she was ready to go.

Stephanie; AKA super genius says:
Oh, I got to go. I’ll call you later, ‘kay? I love you.

The REAL Guitar Hero says:
I love you too.

I skipped downstairs and into the car with my mom, and off we took to the mall. It wasn’t long before I was sitting in a chair, a beautician hovering over me.

“How light do you want your undertones?” she asked while mixing the bleach.

“As white as you can get it,” I replied, grinning at my mom. And then I was stuck sitting there for 45 minutes, and what they don’t tell you when you bleach your hair is that sometimes your scalp itches like mad. I was grabbing the arms of the chair so hard that my knuckles were turning white so I didn’t scratch my head. Thankfully, it was finally washed out. “Wow…” I said, looking at the almost white hair mixing with the dark brown. “I love it!”

Next, we went to Claire’s and I was seated in a chair, a woman who looked to be about 22 holding a piercing gun to my left cartilage.

“Are you sure you want this? I mean, it’s going to hurt for the next month to a month and a half.” I nodded and she counted down from three, pulling the trigger and leaving a beautiful green stud in my ear…and a burning sensation. I didn’t care about the pain though; I thought it looked awesome.

As soon as my mom and I got back home, I called Tyler.

“Hey, what’s up?” he asked, and I heard his dad playing bass in the background; I guess they were downstairs practicing.

“Nothing much, just wondering if you wanna come over and see the new me.”

I heard him gulp dramatically on the other end of the line, making me roll my eyes and laugh. “New you? Who are you and what did you do to Steph?”

I laughed. “I made her better.”

“Alright, I’ll be over in a bit.”

I smiled and hung up, and started to fix my hair. I pulled it back, trying to avoid it getting wrapped around my new earring and bunched it up so that the ends were sticking up, securing it in place with a pony tail holder so it was almost like a fountain of brown and white hair was shooting out from the back of my head. Then I touched up my eyeliner, waiting for the doorbell to ring.

Five minutes later it did and I bounded downstairs, pulling the door open and grinning as Tyler went bug eyed.

“Wow…that’s…wow,” he stammered, stepping inside and walking around me to get a better look at my hair. “Your hair! It’s all…awesome!”

I pouted playfully. “That’s it? Nothing else?”

He looked at me quizzically until I turned my head so that he could see the cartilage piercing.

“Is that fake?” he asked, leaning closer.

Grabbing his hand and pulling him to my room to watch TV, I replied with, “If it were fake, would my ear be all red?”

He laughed and said, “I guess not,” before jumping on my bed and grabbing the remote to my TV, turning it on to Fuse. I climbed up next to him and went to rest my head on his shoulder, immediately reeling away in pain.

“Maybe I should avoid resting the left side of my head against you,” I said with a slight giggle as I moved to sit on the other side of Tyler and resting the right side of my head on his shoulder, his arm automatically going around me and I smiled, thinking that right then, life was good.