Status: Hiatus

I Feel Our Memories Fade With Time.

Family Reunions

*Tyler’s POV*

While Steph and I planned everything for when our parents came, we also found out that Katie and Kyle were also having their relatives visit. In the midst of that, we decided to plan some kind of huge get together for all of our parents to meet each other. They weren’t coming in at the same time though. Steph’s parents and my dad were coming on a Thursday, Katie’s on Friday morning, and Kyle’s Friday evening.

On Thursday morning, Steph and I both went to the airport in separate cars, waiting anxiously for the flight to get in. When it did, we waited by the gate.

“These people can’t walk fast enough. Damnit, I wanna see my mommy!” Steph said.

I laughed, and held her close to me, to calm down her excitement a bit. Five minutes later, she squealed.

“MOMMY!” she shouted, taking off from me.

I laughed as I walked towards the three parents that walked off the plane. I quickly hugged my dad, and we all took a moment to exchange hellos and get reacquainted. After that, we headed out, packed into cars and headed home.

“So, when do you plan on asking her?”

I glanced at my dad. “I don’t quite know yet.”

“Well I brought the ring, so you’re pretty prepared. Just remember to invite us when you plan the wedding.”

“Dad, like I wouldn’t let you know that,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Well, you have that tendency to forget important things.”

“Like what?”

“Well, you forgot to bring the ring with you.”

“That doesn’t count. What else?”

“Uhh. Okay I don’t know. You win.”

“Thanks, dad,” I laughed.

Just shy of an hour later, we were pulling into the apartment complex, and we headed up. As we walked in, something dawned on us.

“Tyler? Uhh, how do we plan on keeping the parents here?” Steph asked.

“Good question. Well uhh, your parents can have the guest room, and uhh, my dad can use the couch. He’s usually the first one to wake up anyways of anyone.” I paused and looked at my dad. “That ok? The dog won‘t bother you, he‘ll be with us.”

“Sounds like a plan,” he replied.

We showed them around the apartment, let them get settled, then decided to go out for a late lunch. We all filled each other in on how life was going, and what we were planning on doing while the parents were in town. A big dinner for everyone was planned for Saturday night, and during the day, a big group get together to walk around the city.

For the remainder of tonight though, we took it easy in the apartment, then went to bed early. Well the parents did. Steph and I laid in bed watching TV, talking, or playing with the dog.

“So tell me, Ty, why were you so suddenly eager to have the parents come out?” Steph asked.

I quickly had to think of some sort of lie. “No reason. I just figured that they should come visit while we’re not doing much. Since we’re kind of between school and work right now with free time.”

“I see. Well, don’t we have free time for the next month?”

“Yeah, but the sooner they come, the sooner they leave,” I laughed awkwardly.

“Ah, that’s true,” Steph laughed as well. “Then we can have our alone time.”

I grinned and wrapped my arm around her, pulling her close. “Yes, our alone time.”

I felt her snuggle into my side and we both soon fell asleep. Friday was one of those lazy days, mostly because it was raining. We had gotten word that both Kyle and Katie’s parents made it in safely, and that we would meet up in the morning for breakfast. It was going to be a busy, but fun, weekend. I could tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies for shortness. I'm really running low on ideas as of this moment. So things might speed up a bit.

Also, count on this being the last update for a while. I will be leaving in about 2 1/2 weeks for Boot Camp, and won't have access to a computer for at least 2 months. I'll try to get one more update out with some more excitement before I leave. But don't worry, this story will not die until I finish it. =]

Thanks guys for understanding and such.