Status: Hiatus

I Feel Our Memories Fade With Time.

Spill The News

-Tyler’s POV-
The whole time I was in class I was worrying about Steph. I really wanted to know why she was so sick lately. It wasn’t like she had the flu, because the only symptom she had was just the upset stomach. Maybe it was just a stomach virus? It was possible, but for more than a week? It wasn’t everyday either, and only in the mornings it seemed. I assumed so because she hadn‘t mentioned being sick during her class or afterwards. On a break between classes, I went to the library to do some research about stomach viruses. From what I was researching, it wasn’t adding up. There was something else, and I needed to talk to her about it.

When I got home from school, she was gone, along with her book bag. Toby greeted me happily and I grabbed the leash to take him outside. I thought she would’ve taken the day off school after this morning, but she didn’t. Even being sick, she hadn’t taken time off school, and I knew that she needed to before she stressed herself further into illness. Back inside, I fed the dog and sat on the couch to watch some TV for a bit. I soon figured that since she would be home soon, I should cook. As I finished a nice baked chicken dinner, I heard Toby getting excited, meaning that Steph was home.

“What smells so good?” she asked as she was walking into the kitchen. “FOOD! Yay!”

I laughed. “Feeling better I see.”

“I feel fine,” she said as she leaned in for a kiss.

We shared a kiss then I went to serve up the food while she went to change quickly. As we started eating, the silence instantly became awkward. I wanted so badly to ask her anything I could think of, but I was afraid of starting an argument. She looked like something was on her mind, but that was something that didn’t surprise me as she was constantly in deep thought. I was mid-bite when I heard her fork hit the plate.

“Tyler? Can we talk?” she asked quietly.

I looked at her. “Always. What’s up?”

She sighed and began picking at her nail polish, something she did when she was nervous. “Other than me being sick, have you noticed anything else weird lately?”

I looked around in thought. “I haven’t noticed anything else different.” I arched an eyebrow.

“Like, something I’ll have you buy every couple months when I run out…they usually stay under the bathroom sink…” she trailed off, hiding her face in her hands.

Why did I feel like I already knew what was going o.? “Honey, does this have anything to do with you being sick lately?” I asked.

With her face still in her hands, she nodded. I could see her peeking at me between her fingers. I didn’t want to get up right away and run to the bathroom like I was trying to snoop or something. Ironically enough, I had the sudden urge to use the bathroom.

“I do have to use the bathroom, I’ll be right back,” I said, excusing myself.

After I used the bathroom, I stood there for a moment, thinking. What’s going on here? I opened the cabinet and looked around under the sink. Nothing but Steph’s things. Hair dryer, flat iron, unopened box of tampons, her various make-up and hair products, and a few of my things. I looked harder, thinking about what she said. I bought those well over a month ago for her. I washed my hands and headed back out. She still sat, head buried in her hands.

“I have a feeling, like I already know what’s going on…” I trailed off.

A soft thud rang out as her head fell to the table. She groaned. “I just don’t know anymore. I didn’t even realize that I missed it until this morning.”

There was movement, her hand slid towards me, revealing a stick. I knew instantly what it was. Shock hit me, but I wasn’t shocked as to where I would faint. I picked up the test and looked, my thoughts and feelings instantly confirmed.

“Wow, this is…wow.” I looked at Steph, her face still on the table. “This is perfectly fine, baby. We’ll get through this.

Her head shook. “Don’t act like you’re not pissed. I was the one who said not to worry that first night. I was the one who was an idiot. This is all my fault, and I completely understand if you’re pissed off at me. I’ll sleep on the couch tonight if you want me to.”

I moved chairs and moved to be next to her. “No, no. I am perfectly fine with this. I’m nowhere near mad. We said we wanted to start a family, and well, we’re starting it earlier than we wanted to.”

“What are we going to do?” she asked, her voice breaking just a little bit.

“This is all up to you. I’m not going to tell you what you should do. Anything that you decide, I will support you a hundred percent.”

She looked up at me, her eyes brimmed with tears. “I want the family. I want it so bad but…I’m gonna have to drop out of school at the end of the semester, and I don’t know if we can afford a kid right now.”

She has a point there. “I can always ask my dad for help if we need it. It’s all up to you, because I don’t want to convince you one way, and you then end up regretting it.”

She put her head back down on the table. “I feel horrible bothering your dad though. He’s done so much for us already. I really do want this baby but…” she trailed off as she started crying. “We just got married a month ago. I don’t want this to lead to the end of it.”

I rubbed her back trying to comfort her. “Sweetheart, don’t cry. Please don’t cry. This isn’t going to end anything between us. Stephanie, you are my life, I will love you till the day I die. Everything will turn out fine. You know that I’m here for you, and I will fully support any decision you make."

She sat there for a bit, trying to calm down her crying as I rubbed her back. A few minutes later she sat up, sniffling. She picked at her nails for a bit before looking at me. “Just call me…Mommy.” She smiled weakly.

I smiled back before hugging her. “Well, that’s not for me to call you. I call you my wife. Don’t let this get to you, we have a lot of time to get everything figured out.”

“Your dad wouldn’t have a problem helping us? Unless you get a job I guess.”

“He would be happy to help us out. And I’ve been trying to find a job.”

“I just don’t want to be the reason that all of your talent goes to waste. You have so much talent, and the potential to be famous. I would feel horrible if your schooling and all that just went to shit.”

“It won’t. Remember, I’m slowly getting small parts which they’re paying me for. I have to start small before going big.”

She moved out of her chair, sitting in my lap. Her arms went around my neck along with her head resting on my shoulder. “Right. It’s just the initial shock right now. It freaked me out.”

I continued to rub her back as she calmed down. “Of course, course. Just give it a few days to fully sink in, then we’ll start figuring all of this out. You need to relax and take it easy before you stress yourself out again. Everything will be just fine.”

“You’re right.” She tried to get even closer to me. “I’m so glad I have you, Tyler. I love you so much.”

“I love you too, Steph. I always will.” I rested my hand on her stomach and we sat there for a few moments before we moved to our respective seats to finish our dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again to Steph for helping me with this one. =] Chapter idea/dialogue was inspired by myself and Steph roleplaying via AIM to figure out how this would go, because I didn't want the whole traditional "OMG I"M PREGNANT" thing....I tried, hope you enjoy, anyone that's still reading this story. Comments are appreciated muchly. <3