Status: Complete

Found a Place for Me to Rest My Head

I Know You'll Find Your Own Way When I'm Not With You Tonight

"Merry Christmas!" I smile walking into Matt's living room with presents for all of he guys.

"Merry Christmas!" They grin and pass out gifts to everyone.

I sit next to Matt on the floor and sip my wine as he hands me a gift. "This is for you from me." He grins widely accenting his dimples.

I jokingly shake it with an eyebrow raised then pull away the wrapping. Matt smiles as I open the box waiting my reaction. When I take in what is laying in the gift box I gasp. "No way!"

It's the very first photo Matt and I ever took with each other on the steps of Huntington Beach High school, smoking a cigarette with small smiles. He framed it in a thick black frame with gold etchings. "There's a note on the back, too." He smiles at me.

I turn it over and find a note written on the back of the photo. It reads:

Audrey,
You are the most amazing human being I have ever met in my entire life. You're down to Earth, tough as fuck, happy, weird, psycho, and extremely intelligent. You've always been there for me whenever I needed you. If Val and I got in a fight you would call me a pussy and tell me to apologize since I was probably wrong. I wish there were more people out there who could say they have an amazing friend like you. I know you can do whatever you want in life and know that I will always have your back.
Love you always,
Matthew


Warm tears roll down my cheeks as I look back up at him. "Matt!" I throw my arms around his neck and hug him tightly. "That was so beautiful."

He rubs my back. "It's what you deserve." He laughs. "I thought you'd like it."

"I love it. Thank you so much." I hug the photo then set it gently back down into the box.

Everyone opens at least one of their gifts before dinner is ready. Zacky slithers his arms around me from behind and kisses my neck. "What did you get?" He asks before pulling my chair out for me.

"The first photo ever taken of Matt and I, an ornament for our baby, an autographed picture from Rush, and a fucking amazing painting of Frankenstein from Johnny. I didn't know that fucker could paint." I laugh and wink at him.

Zacky smiles. "Sounds good." He puts his hand on my thigh under the table.

I put my hand over his then lean over and kiss his cheek. "I just want to say whoever made that, it looks like shit," Jimmy says taking a seat next to me and pointing to the mashed potatoes.

"I made it!" Michelle frowns. "It's really good! Try it!"

"No thank you. I would rather-"

"No one wants to hear your sick alternative," I tell him and pat his back.

He laughs and pushes me gently then passes the rolls. "Everything looks so good. Even your mashed potatoes, Michelle." I smile at her.

"Don't lie to her," Val says with a smirk as she sits in Matt's lap.

"Hey!" Michelle throws her napkin at her sister.

"Make room!" Lacey says as she sets down a plate of cranberry's. She takes a seat next to Johnny and sips her wine. "Who brought this? This is amazing!"

"Oh why thank you." Leanna giggles, sitting on the other side of Jimmy. "Jimmy and I have a shit ton of wine in our basement. I'll bring you some more."

I smile and listen as everyone talks about their gifts and about life in general. I'm surrounded by my best friends in the entire world. Everyone is happy. Everyone is joking and laughing. Everyone is having a great time.

I put my hand on my stomach and sigh at the thought of James Charles coming into this world being surrounded by all of these amazing people. I couldn't imagine anything better.

"Dinner was delicious," Zacky says as he sets down the gifts he received today in our bedroom.

I hammer a nail into the wall and hang up the picture of Matt and I and frame the note he wrote to me next to it. "I know. Today was just amazing." I sigh and turn to see Zacky rubbing Ichabod's belly.

I walk over and sit down on the ground next to him and itch behind Ichabod's ears. "This was the best Christmas I've ever had," Zacky admits.

"Same here." I smile and peck his lips. "Everything about it was perfect. I love it when we all get together. We're just one big family."

He grins. "It's nice." Zacky nods and gets to his feet. "Well tomorrow we continue to work on our album." He stretches and strips down to his boxers.

"Why won't you guys let me listen to your new songs?" I pout and lay on top of him.

He laughs. "It's going to be a surprise! Brian hasn't even let his dad listen to any of it. You know how pissed he is."

I chuckle. "I can only imagine." I lay on my back and look at the ceiling.

"Merry Christmas, baby," Zacky whispers and kisses my cheek.

"Merry Christmas." I smile at him and kiss him softly.

We fall asleep shortly after with memories that will last a lifetime.

A few days later I'm woken up by the phone ringing. It's two in the morning. Who could be calling? Since Zacky is such a heavy sleeper I climb out of bed and walk over to the obnoxious phone, seeing it was Matt who was calling.

"Hello?" I ask groggily.

Just by Matt's breathing I can tell something is wrong... When he delivers the news I drop the phone...

"See, James, this is your god father." I point to a framed picture of Jimmy that hangs above our fireplace. "You're named after him." I look down at the fragile new born baby in my arms. He looks up at me then around the room with big eyes.

Zacky walks over to us and smiles down at James. "I wish Jimmy could see him."

"He can." I smile and look at the photo of him. Zacky and I look at each other for a long time and know that Jimmy is looking down on us smiling.

"Where's my nephew?!" A voice shouts walking into the house.

I turn around and see Matt and Val walking in with bags of gifts for James. Matt takes James in his arms and I feel like everything is okay now. The two men who have changed my life are with me right now - in person and in spirit.

Zacky squeezes my hand as if he knows what I am thinking. "I love you," he whispers.

"I love you, too." I smile and kiss him softly.

"Oh, ew!" Matt frowns as James pukes on him.

We can't help but burst out laughing. Even though Zacky's cute laugh is loud, Val is almost hyperventilating, and Matt is shouting from the stench, I swear I can hear a familiar laugh echoing in the room. That laugh I will always remember...

foREVer
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END! (:
I hope you all liked the ending! We all have similar feelings when it comes to what happened last year in December, so I didn't go into detail at all about it! But I hope you like how I interpreted it! (:

New ZV story is UP NOW!

Thank you all for commenting and reading!