Sequel: All I Want
Status: Finished :) Comment for a sequel?

Smile Like You Don't Give A Damn About the Consequence

My ship went down in a sea of sound, when I woke up alone

"Your a really good singer ya know."

I took my headphones out and brought my eyes to meet the hazel, black eyeliner rimed eyes of my father. It'd be weird for most kids to say their dad was wearing eyeliner, but for me, I thought it was pretty epic. He looked at me with nervous eyes. Not knowing as to how I would react because of the last time we talked,

When he pretty much sent the wall I had worked so hard to build up,
crashing down in a matter of seconds.

"I don't really think so."

I replied Cooley, thinking it was enough of these childish games, I need to clear things up with him.

"God you really are like me." I smiled slightly at that.

"Hey, um would you, ya know ..uh...never mind."

I started to walk away until he caught my arm.

"You wanna talk?" He asked smiling softly at me.

"I wanna get to know you. And apologize for spazzing out at you when we were in California. I've just been dealing with a lot of things."

We started walking till we reached the lawn where people who couldn't get a seat for the show would be sitting in about four hours. We both sat cris crossed and laughed when we saw we both sit the same way.

"Tell me everything I've missed. Then I'll tell you what really happened."

I sighed and started to tell him my life. From all 10 foster homes, abuse in them, Doug and Ben leaving, getting the visit from Sergent Cook, Randy dying, moving in with the girls, to where I was now with Alex.

Pete sat there and had his head down taking everything in. When I was finished he looked up at me with tear filled eyes, trying to keep them in.

"I'm so sorry. You will never know how sorry I will be. All this pain you have to deal with. Your just a kid! Your 16, you shouldn't have to do this! It's all my fault." He looked down ashamed.

I was confused-

"How is any of this your fault Pete?"

"I gave you up! I listened to them! I was so selfish!"

"What do you mean them?"

"The adoption center lied to you Lyric, I was forced to give you up."

He looked at me with sad eyes and a long story.

And this worried me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? Hate it love it? suggestions?