Sequel: All I Want
Status: Finished :) Comment for a sequel?

Smile Like You Don't Give A Damn About the Consequence

There's nothing left to loose

The nurse instructed me on the fact that it may not look like my brothers anymore, but I needed to try my hardest to identify them.

She slowly pulled back the sheets over what I could see was an outline of two young men. I looked for ten seconds too long before I ran for the nearest trashcan.
Alex was next to me in a split second, holding my hair and rubbing soothing circles on my back. Everything was spinning.

As I finished emptying the contents of my stomach, I stood up straight covering my hand over my mouth, but not making any attempt to walk back over. Hayley and Sam took a good amount of steps back, while Sgt.Cooke stood emotionless. He'd seen many men die, but never had he seen anyone in this predicament. The tears were coming down like a rainstorm on my face, when I finally found my voice.

"That's NOT my brother's! What in the HELL is going on?!" I asked confused and furious.

The nurse was shocked and looked a bit frazzled as she looked over the charts in hand.

"I'm so sorry Ms.Ryan's. The-the charts, I think that, I think they were mixed up. Let me page the doctor!"

She said as she led us out of that dreaded room, and I prayed I would never have to go back in there again.
****************************************************************************************************

We must have been in that hallway for at least 25 minutes until Sgt.Cooke came out with the nurse and the doctor we later learned to be named Dr.Barry.

The doctor spoke up and addressed me.

"Ms.Ryan's, I am so sorry about the mix up. It has been confirmed that was not your brothers."

"Not to be disrespectful sir, but I could have told you that. I did in fact tell you this. But, where are Doug and Ben?! Are they..."

I trailed off. I couldn't even finish that sentence. Just the thought of the only two stable things in my life for so long being dead, was unbearable. I was so confused, angry, sad and to top it off, I felt sick to my stomach.

"Follow me please Ms.Ryan's and friends." The doctor responded.

I stopped him as he turned to walk us down another maze of hallways to lead me to more uncertainty.

"No, Please. Just tell me, are they, are Doug and Ben alive?" I asked trying to sound firm.

"I cannot answer that at this time, but I can reassure you, that everything will be alright."

Those last four words set me off.

We all silently followed him as he told us to take a seat in some waiting room.

I sat down furious with Alex on my left.

"Babe?" Alex said finally breaking the silence. I looked up at him to let him know I was listening.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Ya know, I am so sick of being told everything is going to be alright. There's only so many times you can hear that, before you stop believing it."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?