Status: Updating Daily

A Fabric Slipper is Better Than Glass

Derrick

I finished with my bow tie, and moved down to my dress shoes. Mom was dad were hell bent on me marrying a ballarina, and so i had to go to the stupid ballet. We're seeing the Nutcracker.

How boring.

"Derrick, are you ready?" mom called from downstairs.

"Yes, i'll be down in a second." i yelled over my shoulder.

Mom and dad were rich, and snobby. I was rich and snobby. Not a good pair, so we try and make as little virbal interaction as humanly possible. I took one more look over my outfit before leaving.

My room was filled with everything a teenage boy would want. The latest technology, and thousands of dollars in my wallet alone. My carpet was black, and plush, with a king sized bed i shared with me, myself, and I. Silk dark purple sheets, and a plasma screen television in my room. That wasnt even half of it.

But as i walked down to mom and dad, the black walls of my room were replaced with rich beige ones, and the carpet a marble tile. Family portrates were hanging on the wall, showing in sequencial order as the years went on, how i changed. My blonde locks turning a naturally dark black, and my style turning into a playboys in two years. I could see how i grew taller, and my blue eyes were freed from the confinment behing metal framed glasses when i got contacts.

"Their you are." i heard dad say, after i made my way down the long stair case.

"Ready to go boys?" mom asked, coming in on clicking heels.

"Yes." we said simultaniously, his more enthusiasticly.

"Cheer up Derrick, you'll meet some beautiful girls tonight." mom said as she walked to the door, grabbing her purse on the way.

***

It felt like hours until we were sitting in our seats, waiting for the dancers to come out. Their was chatter amongst the people, and when the music started, and people filled the stage it became extremly quiet.

It wasnt long until i was able to spot the most beutiful, and best dancer. Her hair was in a tight bun, the light catching the white-gold making it shine. She was gracful, and i could tell her eyes were green from up here even.

I kept my eyes on her the entire night, and when it was over, clapped souly for her. I tried to keep my eyes on her but mom and dad were leading me away.

"We think their is someone you want to meet." mom said in my ear, a grin in her voice.

She lead me to a married couple, who started to talk with my parents. In seconds, i spotted her. She wasnt in her costumes, but in a normal barrarina's outfit but her slippers weren't tied up.

"Hi mother, father." she said when she got close enough to be heard.

"Ribbon, I'd like you to meet my son Derrick." mom said with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't keep it in, post a comment

All Rights Reserved for SsydneyY