Status: Updating Daily

A Fabric Slipper is Better Than Glass

Mixed POV

I put on the outfit I knew mother and father would approve, while putting my wavy hair up into an elegant style. While I exchanged my and ballet slippers for shoes I made sure the cut on my upper thigh hadn’t split. Luckily it had stayed shut, but unluckily my bruises were throbbing. It was the work I put on them today, a little too much for fresh bruises.

“Ribbon, we need to go sweetie.” Mom called up as I finished putting on my mascara.

“Coming mother!” I called down, slipping my hands into my jacket.

The outfit I decided to wore was beautiful, and the closest to black I own. Not to fancy but enough that my parents would be happy and I… most likely wouldn’t get in trouble tonight.

When I got down stair they lead me to the car, and I picked my purse up on the way. I could tell mother approved- she always told me purple was a good color on me. My earrings were placed in my ears and added the perfect accent to the outfit. When father started to drive, I took out my mirror and made sure my hair was perfect- like mom would always insist I do when I was little.

When we got their oddly enough, there was one more car then I expected.

*Derrick*

When the boys got there, we just started too fooled around. Mike hit Johnny on the head with his drum sticks and I was watching them fight over the stupid pieces of wood Mike adored with his life.

“Didn’t your parents make you go to the ballet today?” Sam asked out of nowhere.

“Yes.” I grounded, leaning back against the sofa.

“How waaaaas iiiiit?” he asked like a girl would, mockingly.

“My moms favorite is coming for dinner.” I answered, sitting up.

“What’s her name?”Andy asked, completely bored.

“Ribbon.” I said, getting them to laugh.

We started a whole conversation about how snobby she was, how she danced, and how mean she was. How preppy, proper, and boring she was. It was about two minutes to dinner when mom called up to us.

“Our guests are here!” she said, sounding excited as ever.

“Let us meet the infamous Ribbons.” Johnny said as we walked down stairs.

When they stopped dead on the stairs, I peered over. She was in a beautiful dress, even with a jacket on. No one had noticed us, so as we pushed downstairs my mother took her leather jacket, revealing a strapless dress.

Damn….
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
Accessories