Sequel: Two Lives As One
Status: Check out Two Lives As One! Picks up at Christmas time after the events in this story :)

One Life To Live

Thinking

What the hell was that?

I obviously wasn’t in my right mind after that massage. Hell, how could anyone be? Her hands are magic, and can anyone really blame me when a hot girl like her has her hands all over me? I was bound to have some sort of testosteronal reaction to it. It just happens to be that I had crazily made out with her.

And damn it felt good to do so.

I’ve really wanted a make-out session since I met her, so I’ve been holding back. That was a time to get it all out. To de-stress from all the fucking shit I’ve had to deal with in the past two weeks. Up until midnight or even one in the morning doing the shit that my dad felt was “necessary” to keep our heads off the chopping block.

What really surprised me is that Mel made out with me just as much I did her.

Now that…was interesting.

She must be nuts about me. She seemed like the conservative type when it came to relationships, so it was quite shocking to feel her kissing me back. She stirred my blood - that was all.

That was all it was.

I sped away in my Cadillac back to the apartment to pick up Paulie for an appointment with Dad and Frank from The Business. He’s supposed to update us on the situation brewing under the cover of the Giorgio clan. We were losing business on our money because they’ve all fled to Giorgio thinking that we were the ‘bad’ people and we would intentionally hurt them for no reason. Dad’s royally pissed off which makes working for him right now a damn hassle.

I turned my radio a little louder, and realized it was one of my favorite bands – Matchbox 20. If Paulie knew I was listening to this he’d call me a pussy, but they were a really good band. “If You’re Gone” was playing.

My mind was drawn to Melanie. Thinking about the way she smiles, and how she’s so different from every single 21 year old out there. There’s an essence about her that screams, ‘I’m genuine.’ I bet she was the girl who’d help pick up your books if you happened to spill them on the floor. Or the one who would volunteer for charity events and all that. Usually I’d be incredibly annoyed with those types of people, but she had the right balance. Some of her styles of thinking are so guy-ish, though the way she looks on the outside is so feminine.

She was a puzzle that I had to figure out.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)....
And the bridges are coming together.
Very short chapter, I know.
Be thinking of adding on during Christmas break, but NO GUARANTEES!
Hope you all have a lovely holiday season - I know I will!
God bless,
Lauren (: