Sequel: Two Lives As One
Status: Check out Two Lives As One! Picks up at Christmas time after the events in this story :)

One Life To Live

Mixed Messages

"Come on, Melly." Bethany Lynn grinned.

How did I let this happen again?

Instead of going to a party this time, Bethany Lynn suggested we go dancing at a club on 7th. She saw it as a reprieve before finals - which just happened to be Monday and Tuesday of this upcoming week. Freddie, her, and I would all tag along together, as usual.

"Why don't you invite Lance along, Mel?" She inquired, nudging my shoulder.

I shook my head. Lance hadn't said a word to me since our dinner last Friday. He'd said he would call, but maybe something had come up and he found it wasn't possible. I'm sure it was just a matter of miscommunication. I wasn't one to jump to heinous conclusions. Plus, I knew he was a busy man as he had shown that night.

Bethany gave me a concerned look. "Troubles?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "No, not really. I just think he's been busy, that's all."

She raised her eyebrows, but didn't argue with me. "Well, all right, then. Looks like it's the three of us." She smirked.

I grinned. "When are you going to finally make a move on Freddie?"

Her mouth dropped playfully. "Freddie? C'mon, Mel. We've all been friends for how long?"

"He's only got eyes for you, Bethany." I said convincingly.

She sighed and shrugged her shoulders, smiling privately. "Maybe he'll get lucky."

I laughed, flipping through my closet. I pulled out my black flats and searched for a decent dress to wear it with. I settled on a plain, V-neck dress that went up to my knees and fitted my shape well. The last thing I wanted was to borrow one of Bethany's dresses a third time in a row.

Bethany Lynn picked out a short purple dress that had a small slit up the side, with a hem that reminded me of a ballerina's tutu - the way it fanned out. Although, the upper half of the dress was modest with a box neck. No matter what she wore, Bethany always had class, and was always in style.

A half an hour later, Freddie was standing outside our doorway banging on it. "Are you ready yet?!"

"Keep your britches on, Freddie! We'll be there in a minute!" Bethany yelled, grinning at me.

She applied her last wave of mascara, and blushed her cheeks a light pink color. I, on the other hand, was waiting for Bethany - propped against the wall in the bathroom.

She gave me an excited look. "Are you ready to tear this town apart, Melly?"

I laughed, "I sure am, Bethany."

"Great! 'Cause I sure am!" She pushed her boobs up, and fixed a piece of hair sticking in her face. "Let's go get 'em!"

I walked to the door with my purse in hand, and opened it up. Freddie was standing there looking like a handsome, All-American college kid with his button up shirt, and jeans. He had a tan, and his blonde hair was a good kind of messy.

He grinned, "Well, well. Don't you two look gussied up."

Bethany Lynn shimmied and posed for him. "You like?"

A secret smile flitted across his face. "I do."

I gave him a knowing look that told him I had a hunch on what he was up to. He carefully avoided my gaze, and redirected the conversation on me, "Where's Lance?"

"Busy," I replied, not wanting to get into it.

"Hmm." He said. "That's odd."

"Why?" I questioned.

"'Cause I saw him at a bar not too long ago." Freddie answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) <3 Suspense-filled next chapter, trust me! ;-)
You may find out who Adam listed on the character list really is...
DUH-DUH-DUHNNN....
(: Haha! Have a great weekend,
Lauren