Sequel: Two Lives As One
Status: Check out Two Lives As One! Picks up at Christmas time after the events in this story :)

One Life To Live

Mirrors

Freddie left in a flash carrying Bethany Lynn out the door, plowing his way through the throng of party animals clustered in the next room. I jumped off the ground, pulling my hair back into a ponytail - I always kept one handy knowing my rebellious hair would never stay in one place. I cranked the silver faucet on once more, splashing water on my face to calm myself and my nerves, and dried off with the maroon towel next to the sink.

I picked up the other towels that were laying in a heap next to the toilet, and other rags and things organizing them together on the counter top. One had puke on it, and I quickly threw that into the sink rinsing it all off then disinfecting the surface with soap. I then flushed the toilet so that the rank smell of the bodily fluids didn't get me sick - I was good at controlling my stomach, but it's not like I wanted to have that odor stagant in the air - then scoped around the room for air freshener. Finding none in plain sight, I searched the cabinet, finally finding some Febreze, spraying it over the toilet and throughout the intimate space. I put it back in it's place, arranging the bottles in the cabinent in a better way; leaving it clean and tidy. I whipped around on one heel, and found myself staring straight into Lance's eyes.

I jolted, and clutched my chest with my hand. "God."

He grinned. "So sorry for that. Just didn't know when to say something."

"Ah, so now is when you are out of words?" I played back at him.

His grin grew much wider.

"Apparently." He raised his eyebrows in a plainly curious expression. "What, exactly, are you doing, Melanie?"

"Cleaning." I answered. "My friend, Bethany? The one I was telling you about? Yeah, she didn't really have a good ending to her "partying", if I may say so. Just as I suspected." I eyed him.

He sighed. "I am sorry about that. It's just I don't think I would've changed anything." He admitted looking devilish once more - I knew that was his idea of hitting on me. Then, his expression changed; it looked as if he was comtemplating something. "You'd do anything for people wouldn't you, Mel?"

"Why do you think that?" I asked, curious that he thought that of me.

"It seems obvious - you were worried about your best friend, even cleaning up after her...I like that in a woman. Especially when they freely clean up my house," he grinned. He had to be a guy and add that tidbit in didn't he?

I sighed. "Well, she's the best person I think I've ever met. It's not a hard choice for me to make to help someone like her. Wouldn't you?"

He smiled."If someone was that important to me, then yes."

I sighed heavily, rubbing under my eyes. I was just noticing how extremely exhausted I was feeling. I blinked my eyes a couple of times, and replied, "Well, my ride is waiting for me so I better get going..." Once again I tried to side-step him, and it didn't work.

His broad frame was blocking the door.

Surprise, surprise.

I huffed, and stuck both my hands on my hips in an irritated manner. He bit his lip, grinning - I knew he was loving teasing me, but frankly, I was too tired to play this game.

"If you would excuse me," My voice was on the line of making demands.

He caught my waist and pulled me toward him. Instinctually my hands lifted, "Wha-?" I began, but was too late.

His lips pressed against mine fervently. His hand cupped my face on either sides of my face, his mouth was utterly smooth and rough against mine. I was knocked off guard and the only thing my instinct told me to do in that moment was kiss him back. His mouth curved around mine, his tongue playing at the opening of my mouth. My insides melted, and my skin hot flashed. I've never been kissed like this before. Wider, deeper, more passionate than any of the kisses I've had before. For a moment, a wistful sensation crept over me, hindering me from my knees. It was like my brain and rational sense of mind wasn't there - I let him pull my body closer to his...my hands creeping up to his shoulders, his thick mane of dark hair...His rough, smooth, hands sliding down my body....

And I finally gained control of myself, breaking the spell.

I jerked back from him, our lips making a light smooching sound. My breathing was erratic, and embarrassingly loud. My eyes were no doubt wide, and astonished as well. Oh hell.

His lips curved into a grin. I blushed intensively, and diverted my eyes. "Excuse me," was all I managed to think up - all I wanted to do was go run and hide. I was not at all expecting to have that kind of reaction to him kissing me. And why did I let him in the first place?

"Of course, babe." Now is when he decided to step back, and acquiesce me to walk by, smiling that damn cunning smile like he's got himself a plan.

With the door only leaving room for one person, I had to brush into him as I tried to walk by. As I did, I felt him snatch my hand. I turned into him unconsciously and he gazed down at me. While keeping intensely brooding eye connection, he kissed the front of my hand while slipping what felt like a piece of paper into my palm.

"I hope to see you soon, Melanie." Were his last words before I took my hand back and tried to keep my gaze forward and installing the illusion in my mind of not even looking in his direction.

But damn that peripheral vision.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a rush on the realtionship, I know - but that's the way Lance's character is; straight forward, like Melanie, he usually has good instincts about people. Plus, Lance is a ladies man and doesn't take no for an answer most of the time xD!
Haha! Love it (;
x. peace!