Sequel: Two Lives As One
Status: Check out Two Lives As One! Picks up at Christmas time after the events in this story :)

One Life To Live

What You Need

Mel’s otherworldly eyes quaked as her long lashes fluttered over them. I had her pinned against the wall in a tangle of legs, my hands laced with hers. My nose brushed against hers, and my hips connected with hers. My mouth was a centimeter away from her lips and I could briefly hear her dream-like sigh. It was like sweet music to my ears. I remembered before this when I could hardly control myself with her, but now it seemed like I couldn’t have this moment long enough. I captured the sight of her long, golden hair in the moonlight shining through the window, and her almost alabaster porcelain skin under my tanned olive arm.

I stared into her eyes as they flickered down to my mouth. She strained forward to slide her lips onto mine – so light and soft they taunted me. I groaned into her mouth and widened the kiss, my tongue meeting hers. Her delicate hands slid toward my temples, until sinking into my air – her kiss consuming me. A mindless, frantic need coursed through me and kisses grew deeper and more passionate. My hands gripped and pulled at her hips. I wasn’t going to be satisfied until every inch of her flawless body was against mine. She panted into my open mouth, and I nipped at her bottom lip. In a sudden spike of emotion, I slid my hands under her thighs and hitched her up around my waist. She responded with a surprised gasp, but her legs twined around my stomach – her arms slipping around my neck.

Not wanting this to end, I maneuvered her through her own dorm passing through the door frame until I reached the bed. My knee leaned onto the edge of her full-sized bed, and I laid her down watching as her hair splayed across the pillow. Her eyes seemed to look through my soul.

“Lance…” She whispered, a sudden nervousness in her voice.

“Shh.” I assured her then that I’d take care of her. I would do whatever I could tonight to make this right.

And pray to God that she’d change her mind about us in the morning.

The kisses turned slow, and she relaxed – surrendering to me. My hands skimmed down her torso, slowly lifting her tank-top. I acquiesced her to sit up and she raised her arms while I lifted it off of her. As she laid back down, and I hovered over her, I could feel her fingertips run down my chest, unbuttoning as she went. I drew it off, and the t-shirt underneath. Her own chest heaved; all she had on was her lacy black bra and sweats. I took in the sight of her greedily, not believing this was real. I rested my hands on her hips before I eased down her sweats. Her waist lifted and wriggled out of the pants, and turning back to myself, I unbuckled my jeans, sliding them off.

I knew she was going to have a hard time wrapping her mind around exposing her body. She was a virgin – it was expected. I was going to have to get creative – while keeping her comfortable. The last thing I wanted was her being nervous – it was just me that was with her not anyone else.

She gazed up at me; her eyes were wide and innocent. She was so endearing – the twenty one year old woman that was so attractive it hurt sometimes, who could be so confident and aware of herself…it was out of the blue to see her so nervous and unsure.

“Baby, you can trust me.” I fit my lips around hers softly, my brow resting on hers.

She nodded subtly, her head lolled to the side as I brought her to me, my hand on the small of her back. My mouth found her ear, and I murmured, “You know I’d do anything for you, sweetheart.”

She clung to my shoulders and squeezed them. “I know.” She said in a barely-there whisper.

Those words from her were all the reassurance I needed. My hand unclasped her bra, and it landed on the side of the bed. Her hand trembled, but she locked her mouth with mine in passion, shutting off whatever I would’ve said next. Raw fever shot through me and I brought her back down, sinking into the mattress. The oblivion of kisses between us were short, searing, and held conviction.

God, I loved her.

-----------------------

I woke up that next morning and sank in what was around me.

There was sunlight streaming in through the window pane blinding my eyes for a moment. Clothes were littered on the floor around my bed. Lance was snoring lightly against my shoulder, his arm wrapped around my waist, and his leg touching mine. Memories from last night flooded through me, and my skin grew hot and flushed. Holy God. I slept with Lance. I made love to him. I wasn’t a virgin anymore.

Now I knew what I was missing.

It hurt like hell when the pain came – as I thought it would. But he was so gentle and sweet it broke my heart. Being with Lance made me realize I wasn’t at all over him – I never was. My blood sang and boiled under his touch – he made me feel…like a woman. Not just that, but he reminded me of why I fell in love with him in the first place. The man behind the grin, and quick, witty comments was one who loved so fiercely, so wholly, that you couldn’t help but be wrapped up into it. I swallowed as I tried to squelch the thick emotions I was experiencing. At this point, I needed some distance to sort things out.

I strategically placed a pillow under Lance’s head and slid out from under his heavy arm. I was buck naked, obviously, so I scrounged the ground for my panties and bra. Picking the panties up, I stepped into them making my way over to the mirror lying beside my dresser. I slung my bra around my chest and hooked the back of it. I heard a rustling in my bed behind me and knew it was Lance – though at the moment I didn’t have the courage to say anything. The creak of my cheap bed frame screamed in protest as Lance got up, and moved my way. I ran fingers through my tousled hair, working out the kinks. I felt Lance’s body heat behind me, his delicious fingers running up and down the sides of my semi naked body.His hot, muscular body brushing against mine.

His throaty, husky voice came by my ear. “Good morning, beautiful.” The sound of it flared up memories of last night that had a heated flush rising from my neck. My nerves surged and even as I melted hearing him say it, I couldn’t bring myself to speak yet. As he gathered my hair in his hand, and moved it to rest on my right shoulder, I paused and looked up into the mirror. A wary, careful gaze formed in my reflection without me being aware of it. Lance glanced up just in time to see it.

His jaw tightened, and he cursed under his breath. “Don’t Mel. Don’t do that to me.”

I was shocked at the bitterness in voice, and asked, “Do what?”

“You know what,” His tone was cold, detached. But with his anger held a strong note of fear. His once nurturing and smooth fingers released from my body just as quickly as they were put there. I turned around to find him staring at me, a flicker of storminess settling in his eyes. “That’s it, huh? Oh, Lance thanks so much for last night it was really incredible. But, it’s morning now and I’m not sure if it’s wise for us to get back together.”

Surprise was apparent on my face. Out of one look, he gathered all that? He laughed harshly. “That’s some real bullshit, Mel.”

I swallowed and withdrew my now sad, and confused gaze to the floor, my eyebrows pinching together. He spoke to me again. “How can you go back?” His voice broke on the last word.

I shook my head, not comprehending why he was in such alarm over this. We could work this out, couldn’t we?

“Goddammit, Mel. Damn it.” He drew a sharp intake of breath and walked away from me.

“N-no, you don’t understand, Lance.” I responded, distraught. “You’re jumping to conclusions.”

“I’m jumping to conclusions? Sorry, Mel, but I can tell that you’ve already made them.”

With that, Lance Capra left my bedroom and I heard the door slam.

I was in a dreamy haze before reality set in.

For the first time in three weeks, I made it to my bed before bursting into tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it took me two weeks to write this.
School just started and I've been a busy bee. Please forgive me!
Feedback is always appreciated (:
Love,
Lauren.