Sequel: Two Lives As One
Status: Check out Two Lives As One! Picks up at Christmas time after the events in this story :)

One Life To Live

Mind Of A Man

"Where are we going?" Melanie asked, as she looked over curiously at me.

"Antsy, darling?" I grinned like a devil.

"No," she flushed, "curious, that's all." Her voice sounded a bit breathless.

I flashed my teeth at her in a smile, and turned to the road to take a left. "It's a surprise."

She groaned. "I'm not one for surprises."

I winked, "I did happen to pick up on that, babe." I smiled.

"Of course you did." She said glumly. "How do I know if I'm dressed right?"

"You are." I looked her up and down just because. Just because I loved to look at her all primped, and polished. I was getting a feeling that this girl had a lot of style - she preferred looking like a high class woman other than risking the fact that she would underdress and look under par.

I liked that, I liked her standards.

Though, what were her standards for me?

She told me that she didn't expect us to be dating right now, didn't she? That we weren't currently in a relationship, right? Although...I know that's just bravado shit. I know she thinks we're dating because I asked her to dinner.

I was taking her to Vincent's. Jimmy told me that he could reserve a table for us, though after I agreed to fork over a twenty to put me in front of the others that were on the list. It was work getting into a fine Italian restaurant on a Friday night, but I had a feeling that it would be worth it. Mel was sitting in the passenger seat, gently swaying to a Maroon 5 song that came on the radio. I tapped my fingers against the steering wheel, and took a right.

I glanced over at Mel, grinning. "Like this song, babe?"

She blushed, as I would've guessed, and smiled sheepishly. "I'm a fan of Adam Levine."

"So he's my competiton, hmm?" I smiled playfully.

Mel smiled in response. "He sure can sing."

"Can you?" I asked her, my curiosity eminent.

She grew pink, and shrugged. "A little."

"A little? C'mon let's hear it." I urged.

Her face scrunched up, and she shook her head. Her face was red now, with the added pressure of her singing.

I frowned, jutting my lower lip out. I looked at her in a begging expression and she laughed. "Sorry I have stage fright."

"Doesn't everyone?" I argued in a pleasant tone.

"I think I may have it worse than anyone. Sorry." She gave me an apologetic smile.

"I'll get you singing for me one day." I vowed. "You wait."

"And I'll be very impressed that you could." She smirked.

I grinned, loving that she was playing along.

----------------------------------------------------

Once we parked, and arrived at the restaurant, I stepped out of my car and hurried to her side before she could get out. One thing my mother always taught me was to be a gentleman at times like these. Later on....well, that went out the window when we would go back to my place.

I propped open her door, and caught a glimpse of that long leg sticking out from my Cadillac. Damn was that a sight. I gave her a hand getting out, and she smiled. "Thank you."

Inches away from her face, I planted a kiss on those tormenting lips of hers. She responded wistfully, her lips caressing mine. I deepended the kiss, gently opening her mouth wider. Her hand lifted, and was placed on my chest. I brought her closer to my body, with my hands around her waist. Both of her hands were now running up my chest to my shoulders. As my hands were running lower...and lower, she pulled back and smiled. "Shall we go?"

My eyebrows raised, amused that she caught me before I could cup her butt. "Lead the way, sweetheart."

She turned on her heel, and led the way into Vincent's. Stopping short to look at the view of the water right next to us. "Isn't that cute," she commented, looking at the docks and secluded homes.

I watched her as she looked in awe as the sun was peeking through - almost twilight, but not quite. The sun's orange and red haze was still in the sky. I couldn't take my eyes off of her - her eyes almost seemed to glow as the sun hit them. That golden blonde hair whirling around in the wind. It was a sight.

I was getting a feeling that she was a looker, all right.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Ah, Lance. He's definitely fallen in love with her looks, that's for sure!
Stay tuned! (:
x. peace!