Status: Complete

New Moon's Love

Chapter 2

I was at my boyfriend, Jacob's, house when Bella Swan came busting into the living room. She took a quick glance at me sitting on the couch, reading, before going into Jake's bedroom.

She came out faster than I expected. She glanced out the window. I turned and looked too. Sam, Quil, Embry, and Paul were coming out of the woods. Bella ran outside before I could stop her. This wasn't going to go well. I jumped up and ran into Jake's room.

“Jake!” I yelled, jumping on top of him. He grunted, still waking up.

“What? What's wrong baby?” He asked still half asleep. He grabbed my waist and rolled us over to we were on our sides. He gently kissed my lips.

“Bella came over. She's outside right now with Sam and Paul and them!” He jumped up.

“What?” He yelled. He pulled his shoes on faster than I had ever seen him before. I sat up. He kissed me.

“Stay here.” He demanded, kissing my forehead, then ran out the door, then outside.

I got up, disobeying Jake's orders, went outside and stood on the porch. I got outside just in time to see Jake and Paul lunge at each other. Bella was on the ground watching. I stayed on the porch. Paul and Jake disappeared into the trees. Sam said something to Quil and Embry, then ran into the woods after Jake and Paul. Quil and Embry went over to where Bella was now standing. I could faintly make out what their saying. Embry looked at me, then pointed to the ground like someone would do to a puppy. I shook my head. Embry rolled his eyes, then advanced towards me. I took a step towards the door. I had just made it to the door when Embry grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder.

“Ugh. This isn't fair! Jake told me to stay here!” I yelled.

“Well he'll just have to deal with it.” Embry said. “And plus its easy to carry you around this way.”

“And how is that?” I asked.

“Your four feet tall and you weigh 85 pounds.” Embry said. We were passing Quil and Bella.

“And you have a cute butt.” Quil said. He, then, slapped my butt.

“Ow! I'm telling Emily! And I am 5'3 thank you very much!” I yelled while Embry dumped me in the back of Bella's truck. He sat down next to me.

“But we still love you.” Embry said, kissing my cheek and wrapping his arms around me to keep me warm. We are all one big family.

**********

Quil pulled the ruck into Sam and Emily's driveway. Embry hopped out of the back, then picked me up and threw me over his shoulder again.

“Embry! Your making all the blood rush to my head!” I yelled. Embry stopped next to Quil.

“Come on Bella. We won't bite.” Quil yelled. Bella climbed out of her truck. “And try not to stare. It bugs the crap out of Sam.” Quil added.

Quil and Embry walked into the house with me still on Embry's shoulder.

“Hey Em. I brought you a present.” Embry said, walking over to where Emily was. He finally set me down, then walked over to the table and took a seat by Quil. I hugged Emily for the billionth time. She was like the mother that actually cares for me.

“Were those boys mean to you again?” She asked me.

“Yes.” I said. “Why don't you go and set that on the table.” Emily told me, handing me a basket of muffins. I set the basket on the table. Quil and Embry immediately dug in.

“Go ahead and have one, Bella. I have plenty. The boys eat like pugs.” Emily said smiling at Bella. She hesitantly took one. Sam came in soon after that. He kissed Emily as soon as he got in the house.

“Oooooooooooooo.” Quil and Embry said in unison.

“Jake and Paul are coming.” Sam said. I went over and stood by Bella.

“Don't worry.” I told Bella. “They might seem a little scary at first, but you'll get used to them after a while.” She smiled at me. “I'm Madeline, by the way. Paul's little sister.”

“He's the one you slapped.” Quil said. Jake and Paul came in shortly after that. Paul went and took a seat.

“Sorry.” He said to Bella, not really seriously. I slapped the back of his head while walking over to Jacob who was standing on the other side of Bella. Jacob welcomed me with open arms. He kissed my forehead and let his lips linger there. I remembered when he imprinted on me.

(FLASHBACK)

I was sitting on one of the table's in Jacob's workshop. He was working on his Rabbit. I was listening to the song When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus, humming along to it. Jake seemed troubled about something.

“Jake, what wrong?” I asked pausing my song. He stopped working and turned around. His entire facial expression changed when he looked at me. He was looking into my eyes. I felt like he was the only thing that mattered in the whole world. I just wanted him to wrap his arms around me and hold me forever. Then I knew what had happened. Jake had imprinted on me.

My brother had told me about imprinting before. “Its like love at first sight, only stronger. You feel the need to protect that person They're kind of like your soul mate forever. You can't be separated from that person.” I wanted to get imprinted on when he told me. I had just got my wish granted. In Jake's garage.

Paul walked in when Jake was staring at me. He took one look at Jake's fave then got really mad.

“Oh hell no. You DID NOT JUST IMPRINT ON MY BABY SISTER! JAKE! SHE'S 13 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!”

“Paul, relax. Its fine. He'll protect me just as much as you do.” I told Paul, not braking my gaze from Jake. Paul just stormed out of the garage madly. I knew he was going to go home and tell our parents. They would be pissed.

Jake walked towards me, drawing me out of my thoughts, and took my hands in his. Even when I was sitting on the table, he was still taller than me.

“Madeline Elizabeth Walker, I love you.” Jake said. He then lightly pressed his lips to mine. It was the first kiss I had ever had and it was perfect. His lips were soft, warm, and gental. Everything was perfect.

(END FLASHBACK)

That day had to have been the best day of my life. It was great. Jake loves me so much even if I am 3 years younger than him and a foot and three inched shorter than him.

Jake knew better than to kiss me in front of my brother. That would just make him mad again.

Jake rocked us back and forth. He rested his chin on my head. My head fit right under his chin. We stood in this position often. It was the easiest.

Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song
A beautiful melody
When the night's are long
Cause there is no guarantee
That this life is easy

Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I, I, I look at you
When the waves are flooding the shore and I
Can't find my way home anymore
That's when I, I, I look at you

When I look at you
I see forgiveness
I see the truth
You love me for who I am
Like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong and I know
I'm not alone

Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I, I, I look at you
When the waves are flooding the shore and I
Can't find my way home anymore
That's when I, I, I look at you

You appear just like a dream to me
Just like kaleidoscope colors that
Cover me
All I need
Every breath, that I breathe
Dontcha know?
You're beautiful

Yeah yeah..

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I cant find my way home anymore
Thats when I,
I I look at you
I look at you

Yeah yeah..
Oh oh..
You appear just like a dream to me.