Status: Complete

New Moon's Love

Chapter 3

Jake kissed my forehead. “I need to go and talk to Bella alone.” he whispered in my ear.

I looked up at him with my big brown eyes my brother says could melt a heart of steel. I nodded understanding and let him go. I sat down beside my brother and watched Jacob motion Bella to go outside. I under stood that he was close friends with Bella and that he still needed to explain things to her, but it still tears me apart on the inside. Embry told me that he heard Jake thinking about her one day while they were chasing Victoria. Jared told me he thinks about her a lot. Jared thinks Jake thinks about Bella more than me.

(3rd person POV)

Jacob drove Bella down to the beach.

“So your a werewolf.” Bella said.

Jacob nodded. “Yeah. Last time I checked. A few lucky members of the tribe have the gene. A bloodsucker moves into town and the fever sets in.”

Bella nodded. “Mono.”

Jake laughed. “Yeah. I wish.”

“Well, can't you find a way to just stop? I mean it's wrong.”

“Its not a lifestyle choice, Bella. I was born this way. I can't help it. You're just a hypocrite. What, I'm not the right kind of monster for you?” Jake said becoming agitated.

“It's not what you are. It's what you do. They never hurt anybody. You've killed people, Jake.”

“Bella, we're not killing anyone.”

“Then who is?”

“What we're trying to protect you people from, the only thing we do kill, vampires.”

“Wait, Jake, you can't.”

“Don't worry. We can't touch your little precious Cullens unless they violate the treaty.”

“That's not what I'm saying. You can't kill vampires. They'll....They'll kill you.”

“Really? We took out that leech with the dreads easy enough.”

“Laurent?”

“And his red-headed girlfriend is next.”

“Victoria's here?”

“Was. We chased her all the way to the Canadian border the other night. She keeps coming back. We don't know what she's after.”

“I do. Me.”

************************************************************

Bella drove Jake back to Forks with her. Bella got out of her truck glancing around nervously.

“Don't worry. We've got this place covered. She won't get near you or Charlie.” Jake said putting his arm around her shoulders.

“Look, you've got to be careful. She's fast. You don't know how fast she is.” Bella said turning to face Bella.

“You know, your lack of confidence in us is a little insulting. All right, I'd better go.”

“You gotta go?”

“Yeah. Got a vampire to kill and a probably very upset 13 year old girl waiting for me to come back.”

Jake turned around and walked away while Bella nodded her head in understanding. Bella watched him run down the street before turning and going back inside.