Status: Complete

New Moon's Love

Chapter 6

I sat with Leah on her bed. We were both crying. Her father, Harry Clearwater, had had a heart attach earlier that day and immediately died. I was crying for her and for the lack of seeing Jake. I was worried for him. Always wondering if he was okay and my brother if he was okay too.

Leah was like a sister to me. She was always there when I needed her and she would give me advice. She thought of me as the little sister she never had. She cared for me also.

Sue came in to the room. She sat beside me and Leah.

“Jake is back, but he had to take Bella home. She had jumped off the cliff where the guys cliff dive.” More tears poured out of my eyes and I held Leah tighter. “Billy and Charlie are here with Sam.”

I got up and wiped the tears from my eyes. Leah and I walked down to the living room with Sue. I sat on the couch beside Seth and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

We sat that way for almost the whole day. Paul drove me back to Sam and Emily's when we thought Jake would be back.

I layed on my bed staring at my ceiling, waiting for Jake to come into my room. I heard the sliding door open downstairs and someone walk in, but they didn't come up to my room. I looked out the window and saw it was Jake, but he never came up. I layed back on my bed and fell asleep.

*******************

I woke up the next morning alone and Jake's car still in the front. I felt like my heart had split in two. I changed into a pair of jeans and converse.

I went slowly down the stairs and saw Jake asleep on the couch. I went to the kitchen and grabbed the juice and poured me a glass. I walked outside to the back and sat on the porch out there. I pulled my knees to my chest and sipped my juice, watching the rain pour down. The back door opened and Jake walked out. He sat beside me on the bench.

“Look, I'm sorry-”

“Don't. Just don't. I know, Sam told you to do it.”

“And I know me being gone for a couple days was hard. And Harry dieing on top of that was a shocker.” I could feel his eyes burning holes into my side.

“Did you even think about me? Did I even cross your mind while you were saving Bella or chasing the vampire? Was I even a single thought?” I finally looked at him.

He opened his mouth, but closed it. He put his head in his hands.

“You see, that's the problem. Your so hooked on Bella, its almost like I don't exist. Paul told me what you were thinking about the other day on patrol. And you know what? Maybe you didn't imprint on me after all. Maybe your going to get your wish and imprint on Bella and I'll just disappear. How does that sound? Because it sounds just fine to me. Honestly sometimes I doubt you even cared for me in the beginning. Ever since you “saved” her from being ripped to pieces by my brother, you changed. You've spent all of you free time with her and its tearing me to pieces. I know I'm only a little girl in your mind and I'm okay with that. You want to spend your time with Bella, be my guest. I'll just disappear. I wont be a problem anymore.” I got up and went inside.

“Wait. Maddie wait. I do love you and I did imprint on you, but its just, your only 13. And honestly you are only a little girl in my mind but-”

“Just save it.” I ran out the door.