Sequel: Haunted
Status: Re-posted and Completed. :)

Untouchable

Ten

“Selena!”

Selena froze where she was standing. She had to be dreaming. She thought that she would never hear that voice again. But it returned. It returned to haunt and hurt her again. Selena was filled with fear and her body began to tremble. She didn’t bother turning around to meet those cold, dark eyes that she knew she would meet. Instead, she just stood there waiting for him to come and hurt her.

Steven grabbed her arm and spun her around to make her look at him. Selena bit her lip hard instead of letting a small whimper escape her mouth. The more noises she made, the more he would hurt her.

“We have some unfinished business to do.” Steven said to her. He pushed her up against the wall hard, and Selena screamed in pain. Not only did she still have the bruises from the last time he hurt her, she could feel more bruises starting to form.

“Please, stop.” Selena sobbed. He slapped her across the face and Selena covered her swollen cheek with her hand. The tears started falling even more now and she was still shaking all over. She looked away from his eyes.

“You will never leave me.”


Selena awoke from her nightmare due to a bright flash and a small crack. Her eyes flew open and she saw a swarm of paparazzi above her. She yelped and covered her face, while they continued snapping and taking pictures of her.

“Selena, why are you with Kellan?”
“What about Steven? Weren’t you two an item?”
“What would he say if he saw you with Kellan?”

Selena’s eyes went huge at that question. Shit. She started panicking and tried to get up, but she realized that Kellan’s arms were wrapped around her waist. She was pinned against his chest, while he was still sleeping and holding her close. Selena groaned and tried waking him up, but every time she tried he would just pull her closer to him if that were possible.

“Wake up, damnit!” Selena whacked him in the chest and that woke him up. The swarm of people and cameras were still busy taking pictures and laughing at the two.

“Ow! What was that for?” Kellan asked, rubbing his chest. Selena pointed to the paparazzi that surrounded them.

“How the hell could you not hear that? Come on, we have to go! Now!” Selena shouted. She was getting more agitated by the minute. She and Kellan got up and started running away from the paparazzi and back to Emma’s house. The paparazzi still kept close by asking Selena more idiotic questions.

Selena saw Emma’s house come into view and she sighed in relief. Kellan kept telling her to slow down, but she ignored him. She was paranoid and she just needed to talk to Emma. Once both Kellan and Selena reached Emma’s door, Selena started banging on the door hard. The paparazzi were close, but they hadn’t reached the house yet.

They waited for another minute and Emma opened the door, while rubbing her eyes, “Selena? Kellan? Why are you guys standing on my doorstep out of breath?”

Instead of replying, Selena pushed her way past Emma and entered the house with Kellan right behind her. She clutched her chest and tried breathing.

“Selena, what happened? And why is it that you’re always with Kellan?” Selena could tell that she wanted to push that subject further, by the rather happy tone in her voice. Taylor walked in on the other three, with a confused look on his face.

“What’s going on? Hey, man!” He said gesturing to Kellan, and they did their little man hug thing. Selena glared at him, while still trying to catch her breath.

“What the hell are you doing?” She asked, agitated by his presence.

“Well I do have a right to be here; after all, Emma is my girlfriend again.” Taylor replied, with a smirk.

Selena looked at Emma, and pursed her lips. “Emma, can I talk to you for a sec?”

Emma nodded and Selena brought her over to the stairs. She made sure that Taylor and Kellan were busy talking to each other, which they were.

“Okay, I know you’re going to kill me for not—” Emma started, but Selena interrupted her.

“Emma, I’m scared.”

Emma looked confused. “Why are you scared? Tell me what happened.”

“Okay, so you know how I went to the beach last night? Well Kellan popped up out of nowhere again like he always does, and we started talking. Then he asked me why you would do that to Taylor, and I got angry and started ranting. Then I’m guessing he texted Taylor and told him; that’s probably why you guys are back together again. I was really tired and I started falling asleep. Okay, to cut the story short, I fell asleep in Kellan’s arms—don’t say anything—then I had a nightmare, and then this morning, paparazzi came and started chasing us around.” Selena exclaimed in a rush, and moving her hands everywhere to explain even further.

Emma took a moment to process it all. After a minute she finally said something, “You fell asleep in Kellan’s arms? That’s so cute!” She gushed.

Selena groaned and covered her face, “After everything I tell you, that’s what you say? Emma, Steven is going to kill me!” Selena shouted rather loudly, while shaking Emma by the shoulders. Taylor and Kellan broke from their conversation and looked at the two girls.

“Who’s Steven?” Taylor asked.

Instead of retorting something back, Selena simply sighed in frustration and acted as if she didn’t hear his question. “Emma, if he sees those pictures, he’s going to come after me and hurt me again. I’m tired of getting hurt. Kellan’s getting suspicious and I don’t like lying to him.”

Selena’s eyes glazed over and Emma knew that she was going to start crying. Emma pulled her best friend into a hug and rubbed her back. “Sel, everything’s going to be okay. He’s not going to hurt you anymore. I’ll protect you and I know someone else who will too.” She smiled.

“Don’t say anything. I know where you’re going with this.” Selena said. She sniffled and Emma saw that she was blushing.

“Aww, you’re blushing!” Emma cooed, and Selena smiled.

“I hate you.” Selena muttered, while crossing her arms across her chest. Emma just laughed and gave her a hug again. “At least I made you smile. Come on, we should get back to them. I’m not really liking them whispering to each other.”

Selena and Emma walked back to the guys and once they saw that they were walking towards them, they automatically stopped whispering and smiled at them. Selena walked up to Taylor.

“Okay, I’m sorry for seeming so harsh all the time. Usually when I’m pissed or paranoid, I insult people and say things I don’t mean. Well, it depends on the person, but you get what I mean.” Selena apologized.

Taylor nodded and smiled, “It’s okay, Selena. I forgive you.”

But if you ever hurt Emma again, I’ll kick your ass.” She threatened, while pointing a finger at him. Taylor’s eyes went huge and he didn’t say anything. Kellan burst out laughing and shook his head at his best friend. Taylor nudged him in the stomach, and Kellan tried to hold in his laughter.

“Why were you guys whispering to each other?” Emma asked, crossing her arms and looking at the both of them with raised eyebrows. Kellan and Taylor looked at each other and smiled.

“We want to ask the both of you something.” Kellan announced.

“Okay, what is it?”

“Well Kellan and I were thinking we could go on a group date, like to the carnival or something. How does that sound?” Taylor asked, with a smile.

Emma beamed and started acting like a five year-old, while Selena just stood there. “That’s an awesome idea!”

“I don’t know…” Selena began, but stopped once she saw Kellan’s face drop.

“Selena, come on! You know you want to go! Please go.” Emma begged her.

“Yeah, Selena. We all know how much you wanna go.” Taylor said, with a smirk and glancing at Kellan.

Selena bit her lip and looked at Kellan and Emma. She groaned and waved her arms up in the air, “Okay, okay, I’ll go!”

Emma smiled really big and went to give Taylor a hug. Kellan walked up to Selena and smiled down at her, “You’re gonna have fun.”

“I hope so.” She said. Her mind was still on Steven and what he would do to her if he saw those pictures of her with Kellan. Even though Emma told her not to worry, she still couldn’t help it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by: Emergency - Paramore