Sequel: Haunted
Status: Re-posted and Completed. :)

Untouchable

Sixteen

“Taylor!”

Selena shouted out, while lying in her hospital bed. She was getting bored and tired of lying there all the time. After a couple of seconds, Taylor came rushing into the room, with a panicked look on his face.

“What’s wrong? What did you set on fire?” Taylor looked around and all Selena could do was laugh hysterically.

“What did I set on fire? Did you really just ask that?” Selena asked, through her uncontrolled laughter.

Taylor furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. “That was not funny, Sel. I thought something was happening to you.” He walked over and sat down in the chair next to her.

Selena stopped laughing and crossed her arms, “You’re no fun, Taylor.” She grabbed the remote control to the TV and turned it on. The movie Grease flashed on the screen and ‘Summer Loving’ started playing. Selena squealed excitedly and started singing along to the song.

Taylor just looked at the girl in front of her and watched. Selena felt Taylor looking at her and she turned to face him, “What are you looking at?”

“You are the strangest girl I have ever met.”

Selena ignored his comment and continued singing. Taylor looked like he was thinking about something serious.

“Hey, Sel, did you ever try fighting back?”

“Yeah, but look where that’s gotten me.” She said sarcastically.

Taylor was about to ask another question, but the doctor came strolling into the room.

“Good morning, Selena. How are you feeling?”

Selena shrugged and paid attention to the movie again.

The doctors looked through his papers and then at Taylor. “Well, it looks like Selena can go home now. But, since she tried to commit suicide, we’re putting her under suicide watch. Taylor, you have to keep an eye on her for now and try to convince her not to try to commit suicide. Can you do that?”

Selena ignored everything the doctor was telling Taylor, but she did see Taylor nod at the doctor’s request.

“Okay, well just sign out when you’re ready to leave.” After that, the doctor left the room and it was just Selena and Taylor.

“Ready to go?” Taylor asked her.

Selena stuck her feet out of the bed carefully (she was still in pain) and stood up.

“Of course I’m ready to leave. I can wait to get out of this damn thing.” Selena said, referring to her nightgown.

Selena and Taylor soon arrived at Selena’s house. Taylor helped Selena into the house and once Selena walked in, she could hear faint voices coming from upstairs in her room. She was about to hide behind Taylor, but then she realized that the voices were Kellan and Emma.

Selena relaxed and faced Taylor, “I want to go to my room.”

Taylor looked at her confused but helped her up the stairs. As Selena was reaching for the doorknob, the door to the room opened and Selena looked up to see Kellan. They both stared at each other and the awkwardness began. Selena looked past him and saw Emma. Emma gave her a small smile and walked forward.

“I thought you weren’t coming home until tomorrow?” Emma asked.

Selena shook her head, “They decided to let me out early.”

“Okay, well before you come any closer, Kellan and I have a surprise for you.” Emma smiled. Selena saw Kellan give Emma a glare and she gave him a skeptical look. He just crossed his arms and said nothing.

“Okay, close your eyes,” Emma commanded and Selena did as she was told. She felt Emma’s slightly cold hands on hers and she felt herself being pulled into her own room more. Emma told her to open her eyes, and she did.

At that very moment, Selena wanted to jump up and down in excitement, but since she was in a little pain, she couldn’t really do that. But she did, however scream when she saw what Emma and Kellan did to her room. Emma and Kellan painted Selena’s room purple and they got her a new black mirror and other small things to the room. They also changed the once bloody carpet to a new crème carpet that went with the room. There were also posters of Selena’s favorite bands, including Paramore plastered on the wall.

“Aww, guys I love it!” Selena outstretched her arms, and Emma and Kellan walked into them as Selena hugged them tight.

“That totally made my day.” Selena said, as she was still amazed by her new room.

“Hey, what about spending the week with me?” Taylor asked acting as if he was hurt inside.

Selena rolled her eyes playfully and said nothing. It grew silent, until Kellan spoke up. “I’m gonna go,” He started walking, but something inside Selena wanted him to stop. She gestured to Taylor to stop him from leaving and Taylor went after him.

Emma walked over to her and whispered, “What are you doing?”

“I’m going to make things right with Kellan.”

Emma nodded and thought for a bit, “Just don’t tell him what Steven did to you do.”

Selena nodded and sighed, “I wasn’t planning on it, anyways.”

Emma gave her one last hug and a small smile before leaving the room. Selena sat on her bed waiting to see if Kellan would come back. She thought about what she would say to him and whether or not she would tell him about Steven. She kept fighting back and forth with her conscious. Soon enough she decided what she was going to do. Selena saw Kellan walk in from the corner of her eye and again silence and awkwardness filled the air.

Selena patted the spot next to her on the bed. Kellan walked over and sat next to her in silence.

“So you wanted to talk to me?” He asked, without looking at her.

Selena sighed, “Yes, I did. I wanted to say that I’m sorry.”

All Kellan did was remain quiet, so Selena knew that she had to continue with what she was saying. “I know that’s probably not enough for you, but I really am. I’ve been horrible to you, and you don’t deserve it at all.”

He finally looked at her, “Are you going to tell me why you’ve been like this?” He looked at Selena’s cut wrists and touched them softly, “And tell me why you tried to kill yourself?”

Selena took a deep breath and nodded. “Remember that time when we were at Starbucks and I hid under the table from that guy you saw?”

“Yeah, what about him?”

“Well, he’s the reason why I’ve been treating you like this and why I tried committing suicide.” Selena answered.

Kellan titled his head to the side and thought about it, “Wait, are you telling me that he hurt you?”

Selena was hesitant before answering. She was tired of lying to him, but she wasn’t really telling him something big. ‘Steven hurting you is a big thing to tell,’ Selena’s conscious told her.

‘No one was talking to you.’ She shot back to her conscious. She turned her gaze to Kellan, who was still waiting for her reply. “No, he didn’t hurt me.”

“But then what did he do to you?” Kellan was so persistent in knowing what happened.

Selena thought about another lie that she had to tell him, “He hurt me…emotionally.”

Kellan’s expression turned sad and he took a while to figure out what he was going to say. “And you think I’m going to hurt you?”

When Kellan said that, Selena knew that was true out of all the lies she had said to him. She knew Kellan wasn’t anywhere near like Steven, but Selena was still scared to let her guard down with Kellan. She didn’t respond to his question, but he already knew that it was a yes.

“I would never hurt you, Selena.”

Selena pondered that statement, “How do you feel about me?”

“I’m crazy about you, Sel. All I want is for you to let me in and not find me repulsive and whatnot.” He said, looking into Selena’s eyes.

“Why?”

“Why what?” He asked, scrunching his eyebrows.

“Why do you want me to let you in? What’s so great about me?”

He sighed, “Because…because…I love you.” He muttered the last part, but Selena heard it perfectly.

Selena’s heart skipped a beat and then started beating faster as she stared into Kellan’s shiny blue eyes. Selena remained quiet again as she pondered what he just said. ‘Hello, say something!’ her conscious told her.

“I know you don’t feel the same way as I do.”

Selena shook her head and everything she said came out in a stutter, “That’s not true. I do feel the same way as you do. I mean, since you feel that way I feel that way, too. Okay, what I’m trying to say is—“

The next thing Selena felt was Kellan’s hands on her face, pulling her into a kiss. Selena was shocked at first, but she kissed him back. Everything felt so right at that moment. Selena was getting butterflies in her stomach as Kellan kissed her passionately. Her heart was beating rapidly and she felt like she was on cloud nine. They both soon pulled away and Selena felt herself being dizzy, but in a good way.

“I love you, Selena.” Kellan whispered to her.

Selena’s heart skipped a beat again and without hesitating she replied, “I love you, too, Kellan.”

Kellan smiled and embraced Selena into a hug. For once, Selena felt whole and safe. It was as if all her agony and anguish faded away. And it was all because letting Kellan finally in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by: All I Need - Within Temptation