Sequel: Haunted
Status: Re-posted and Completed. :)

Untouchable

Two

"Demi, I don’t know what to wear!" Selena whined, shuffling through her clothes in her closet. Demi was casually sprawled out on Selena’s bed, flipping through a magazine. Selena threw a pillow at her.

“Hello, anybody home?! Dude, you're supposed to be helping me!” Selena shrieked in frustration.

Demi looked up from her magazine, “Chill, Sel. It’s only a double date, not a big deal, you know.”

“Yeah, but it’s a double date with Steven, you, Derrick, and me!”

Demi smirked. “Steven, huh? You're pretty worked up about this date even though he’s your boyfriend.”

Selena blushed. “Shut up, okay! I don’t want to hear it. Now, can you please help me find something to wear?”

Demi sighed and closed her magazine. She walked over to Selena’s closet and pulled out a dress that had ‘Selena’ written all over it. She threw it Selena.

“Happy? Geez, if you're going to be like this every time you're head-over-heels over a guy, then I don’t know what I’ll do to myself.” Demi joked.

Selena gasped. “I am not head-over-heels!”

“Yeah, yeah. Anyways, we only have about twenty minutes before the guys get here, so I suggest you hurry up, my hopelessly romantic freak.” Demi stuck out her tongue at Selena.

“For the last time, shut up!”

“You look beautiful, babe.” Steven said, giving Selena a kiss on the cheek. Selena blushed a shade of pink.

“Thanks. You don’t look too bad yourself.” Selena smiled.

“Lovebirds!” Demi coughed. Selena and Steven looked at her. “Sorry about that. I had something stuck in my throat.” Demi lied, while patting her chest. Selena rolled her eyes at her best friend.

“Can we go inside now,” Selena asked, making a face at Demi.

“Of course we can!” Demi grabbed Derrick by the arm and walked ahead. Steven grabbed Selena’s hand and started walking into the restaurant. He smiled at her again. “Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight?”

Selena laughed, “I’m pretty sure you did, but if you want to say it again to make sure if you did, then that’s fine with me.”

Steven laughed along with Selena and led her to their table. Demi and Derrick were already sitting there waiting for them. They ordered what they wanted and they soon began to indulge in conversation in pairs. While waiting, Selena rested her head on Steven’s shoulder. Steven’s face was inches away from Selena’s. Selena could smell the arousing scent of his cologne and spearmint.

Steven held Selena’s hand in his. “I love you, baby.” He whispered. Selena froze and her eyes grew huge. She lifted her head off his shoulder and looked at him. He waited for her to respond. She didn’t say anything.

“You know, this is the time where you say 'I love you too, babe' back to me. That’s how it’s supposed to work.” Steven said. Demi and Derrick immediately stopped talking and listened in on the conversation.

“Uh oh.” Demi muttered. Selena blinked and started biting her lip.

“I…uh…adore you…” Selena said with hesitation. Steven remained quiet and looked back at her with dark eyes. Selena started getting scared. The sight of his eyes reminded her of a bear ready to attack her, or a shark when it senses blood.

“You adore me? What the hell is that? We’ve been together for over a year, and you just adore me?” Steven yelled, raising his voice and letting go of Selena’s hand. Selena moved away from him in flash.

“I…just…I don’t know. I love you…but I don’t know if it’s the same type of love like yours.” Selena said in a small voice. Demi was about to say something, but Steven yelled at her, telling her to stay out of it.

“Don’t talk to my friend like that!” Selena yelled, getting up.

“We’re not having this discussion here. Let’s go.” Steven fiercely grabbed Selena by the arm and pulled her away from the table and to an area close to the doors.

“What the hell was that?” Steven yelled at her.

“What do you mean 'what the hell was that'? I told you how I felt. Deal with it.” Selena answered. Steven tightened his grip on Selena’s arm. His eyes were the darkest Selena had ever seen them.

“Steven, you're hurting me.” Selena whimpered in pain. “Let go.”

“No. I will not. How dare you say you adore me! You have to love me. I love you so that means you have to love me.” He said, full of venom. Selena could feel tears starting to well up in her eyes.

She choked, “Steven, you're really hurting me.” She pushed him away and he let go.

“I’m not dealing with you right now.” Selena said, before turning away from Steven.

“Selena, don‘t you dare walk away from me!” He boomed in a loud voice.

Everyone, including Demi and Derrick, turned to see what was happening. Selena shook her head while looking at Steven for the last time. The tears were coming down faster and Selena didn’t even bother going back to the table to get her things. She walked out of the restaurant and walked the streets of L.A., while having tears in her eyes and the fear of her own boyfriend haunting her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by: Something More - Secondhand Serenade