Sequel: Haunted
Status: Re-posted and Completed. :)

Untouchable

Four

Selena returned afterward with Emma’s pajamas and comfortable socks. Emma was currently spinning around on her desk chair and had a pondering look on her face. Selena walked over to Emma’s bed and sat down. Emma continued to spin around and ponder. Selena kicked her chair, and Emma finally stopped.

“Why are you spinning around in the chair like that? And what’s up with your face? I’m finding it pretty weird.” Selena joked. Emma tilted her head to the side.

“Why did you ask if my house was near? When your phone vibrated, you looked scared. Why is that?” Emma asked. Selena tensed up and looked up at Emma. She took another deep breath, before answering.

“Well…I’m sort of hiding from my boyfriend, Steven. Well not sort of, more like am hiding from him, but you get my point.” Emma wrinkled her eyebrows in confusion.

“Who’s Steven?” Emma asked. Selena sighed again. “Steven Strait. He’s been in The Covenant and Sky High and all these other movies.”

“Why are you hiding from him? Is it because of what happened earlier?” Selena shook her head. “Then what is it?”

Selena took another deep breath, looked down, and started playing with her hands. She thought back to what happened just a few hours ago: Steven’s dark eyes that she had never seen before; his beautiful, calming, deep voice that made Selena go weak at the knees, simply turned into a loud, angry, booming voice. It only happened because of her saying she adored him, instead of saying that she loved him.

Did she love him? ‘Do I actually love him?’ Selena thought inside her head. Yes, she did. But then why did she say that she adored him? Was it because of fear of falling too fast and actually admitting it? What was it? Selena was soon interrupted in her thoughts by Emma sitting next to her and putting a hand on her shoulder. Selena looked into Emma’s eyes.

“Selena, tell me what happened.”

“After I said that I adored him instead of loving him, he pulled me away from the table, and brought me to another part of the restaurant. He kind of got aggressive, and it scared me. I’ve never seen him like that before. His eyes…” Selena shuddered. Emma put an arm around Selena’s shoulders.

“It’s okay. I won’t let him hurt you.” Selena thought for a bit. “Promise?”

“I promise, Selena.” Emma said seriously, giving Selena a tight hug. “It doesn’t feel like I just met you. It feels like I’ve known you since like ever.” Selena laughed, smiling. Emma released her from the hug.

Emma smiled too. “I have a feeling that we have to look out for each other. I mean, since we really don’t have anybody else to turn to. And besides, I like you. You really are like my twin.” Selena nodded in agreement, and stuck out her pinky.

“Pinky promise?” Emma laughed and crossed her pinky with Selena’s pinky. “Pinky promise.” Selena hugged Emma with the happiest grin on her face. “Yea, for having a new bestie!”

Emma hugged back, but soon released herself from Selena’s grasp. She grabbed a pillow and smiled evilly at Selena. “Don’t you dare!” Selena threatened. Emma started attacking her with the pillow.

“I know you did not just hit me with a pillow!” Selena quickly grabbed a pillow and started whacking Emma with the pillow. Emma was laughing uncontrollably on the floor and gasping for air. “Stop, stop! Okay, I surrender!”

Selena stopped and laughed, “Of course you do.” Before Emma was about to get up, the doorbell rang. “I wonder who that could be.” Emma said. She got up and walked out of the room. Selena quickly rushed to the window and looked outside. Selena saw a familiar car. She quickly went stiff and fear overwhelmed her body. It was Steven’s car. ‘Crap,’ Selena thought. She rushed out of the room.

“Emma, don’t open the door!” Selena ran to the stairs, but it was too late. Emma opened the door and Steven was standing there, hovering over Emma. Selena walked slowly down the stairs and stood next to Emma. She saw that Steven’s eyes were still dark, but he tried to look polite for Emma.

“Selena.” He said. Selena swallowed hard and just looked at him. “I need to talk to you. Now.”

Emma crossed her arms, “She’s busy. Would you like to leave a message?”

Steven glared at her, “No, I wouldn’t. Selena, come on.” Selena hesitated. She looked into his eyes. They weren’t black anymore, which was strange, but Selena was still hesitant. She didn’t want him to hurt her again. She sighed and walked outside. Emma looked at her hesitantly, but Selena reassured her by smiling at her. Selena followed Steven to his car. They stood in silence, until Steven finally broke it.

“Why are you hiding from me? You’re not answering my texts or calls.” Steven looked down at Selena. Selena felt shivers go down her spine. Even when his eyes were normal again and his voice wasn't booming, Selena was starting to get scared of him when he was normal.

“Maybe, I don’t want to talk to you.” Selena muttered. At that instant, she regretted saying that. Steven stepped forward and grabbed her by the arms. Selena’s fear increased even more and she could feel her arms starting to throb and sting from how hard he was grasping them.

“What do you mean you don’t want to talk to me? I’m your boyfriend.” He stated, venom present in his voice. Selena yelped. The pain in her arms was unbearable. “Steven, let go.” She choked.

“No. Answer me.” His grasp got even tighter and Selena winced. Tears were streaming down her face. “Steven, please. Just let me go.” She begged in soft sobs.

“Let go of her!” Selena heard Emma shout. Emma walked up to Steven and pushed him. Steven turned toward Emma and pushed her. Emma fell to the ground and Steven hovered over her.

“Babe, don’t hurt her. Please.” Selena begged. It hurt her chest to say babe. Steven grabbed Selena’s hand and dragged her to the car. “We’re leaving. Say goodbye to your dear little friend.”

Selena pulled her hand out of his grasp. “I’m not going anywhere with you!” Selena tried to help Emma up, but Steven grabbed her and slapped her across the cheek. Emma gasped. Selena’s cheek started to sting and turn red. She held her hand on her stinging cheek and looked at Steven. He looked down at the ground, and after a few seconds, he looked back up and his eyes weren’t dark anymore. They were back to his normal dark brown eyes.

He reached out to her, “Baby, I’m so sorry.” Selena shook her head and ran away from him, and back into the house. “Selena, come back!” He called after her, but she completely ignored him. She could hear Emma yelling at Steven to leave and never step foot on her driveway again. Selena ran into the bathroom, and sunk to the floor. She started crying her eyes out, while trying to make the pain she was feeling go away. But it was no use.

She felt scared out of her mind. She felt betrayed and she felt as though the only person she could trust was Emma. She started to wonder if she could trust any other guy after this. Selena wasn’t the kind of girl to choose the right type of guys. She thought Steven would be the one, but obviously he wasn’t. Selena’s thoughts were interrupted by Steven’s car tires, screeching away from the house. Selena soon heard Emma’s footsteps coming up the stairs and turning towards the bathroom. She entered the bathroom and automatically hugged Selena close.

“I’m so sorry. I should of done something. I shouldn’t have let him hurt you like that.” Emma apologized. She looked at Selena’s red cheek. The mark was really visible. “Did he hurt you anywhere else?”

Selena looked down at her arms. She saw some blue spots on her arms. “I’m so going to get a bruise on my cheek and arm tomorrow morning.” Selena mumbled. She sniffled and wiped her face. She flinched when she made contact with her cheek. Emma continued to hold her.

“Selena, I’m really sorry that you had to go through that.”

Selena shrugged and looked down, “It’s not your fault. It’s mine really. I always make the wrong choices. Especially with guys.” She muttered that last part.

Emma pulled back her hair. “I know how that feels.”

“Thanks for being there though and trying to help. Nobody else would have done that for me.” Selena rested her head on Emma’s shoulder. “We’re looking out for each other from now on, remember?”

Selena nodded. She felt her cell phone vibrate in her pocket. At first she hesitated taking it out, but Emma reassured her that everything was okay. Selena looked at her phone and smiled.

“What is it, Sel?”

“Ashley wants us to go to the Twilight set tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by: The Only Exception - Paramore