Sequel: Haunted
Status: Re-posted and Completed. :)

Untouchable

Eight

“What? Who left you?” Selena said on the other line. She sat up and pushed the hair out of her face. Emma continued to sob on the other line. “Em, tell me what happened.”

“Taylor left me.”

Selena tensed up and stayed quiet for a few seconds. “Since when have you been with Taylor?”

“Um, for about, two weeks or so…” Emma said in a small voice. Selena sighed, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You were going through so much; I didn’t think that it was the right time to tell you. I’m sorry.” Selena could tell by the tone of her voice that she was going to cry harder.

“Em, listen to me. It’s okay. Just hurry up and come home,” Selena heard creaking noises and jumped. “Please hurry. I’m still scared. I’m paranoid right now and I keep hearing noises.”

Emma sniffled on the line, “I’m almost home, Sel. Did you do what I told you to do?”

“Yes.” Selena heard another noise. “Hurry.”

“I’m going down the street, Sel. Relax.”

Selena took a deep breath and relaxed, “Okay, bye.”

Soon enough, Emma walked into the house with her messy hair in every direction and her eyes big and puffy. Selena opened her arms and Emma walked into them. Emma started crying into her chest, while Selena rubbed her back softly.

“Emma, it’s okay. You’ll be okay, love.” Selena laid Emma’s head on her lap, and started stroking her hair.

“Cody ruined everything.” Emma sobbed. Selena started to get angry and stopped stroking Emma’s hair. “What the hell did he do to you?”

“He made it seem like I was cheating on Taylor by saying that we were still together. He lied.” Emma continued to cry hard and she curled up into the couch.

Selena sighed and tried to hold her anger in, “Emma, its okay. Taylor’s going to talk to you soon. He just needs some time.” Selena pushed Emma up and laid her head on a pillow. She stood up, “I need to take a walk.”

“I’m sorry, Selena.” Emma apologized, while wiping her eyes. “Emma, you don’t have to apologize. I just need to take a walk before my anger comes out and makes me say something that I know I’ll regret later. I really want to beat the shit out of Cody.” Selena said through clenched teeth. Her hands formed into fists and she took another deep breath.

“Go upstairs and do the same thing you told me to do before you left. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” Emma nodded and Selena gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Everything’s going to be okay, Em. I promise.”

Selena walked down the sidewalk, looking down and thinking. Her foot was currently kicking a rock as she walked. She didn’t really know where she was going, but she just needed to release the anger that was inside of her. She was mad about so many things already, and Cody just made her even angrier.

Selena finally looked up and found herself at a nearby beach. She got excited because she loved the beach, but she was always afraid to go into the water. She took off her shoes and felt the cool sand under her warm feet and toes. She walked along the beach, until she found a spot. She sat down and watched the waves hit the shore. Just by this, Selena’s anger started to go away and she soon felt calm again.

“Why is it that I always find you alone?” A familiar voice said behind Selena. Again, Selena jumped and turned around and saw Kellan walking towards her. She could see the smile spread across his face in the moonlight.

“Why is it that you always have to sneak up on me like that?” Selena said, rolling her eyes. Kellan took a seat next to her.

“Well maybe if you weren’t alone all the time, that wouldn’t be a problem.” Selena just shook her head and remained quiet. He didn’t say anything, but he did stare at her.

“Why would Emma do that to Taylor?” He asked, breaking the silence. The anger inside of Selena started boiling up again.

“You have no idea what you’re talking about, Kellan.” She said through clenched teeth. She didn’t want to yell at him, but it was hard not to. Kellan looked confused. Selena wasn’t surprised by that. He always was.

“What are you talking about?”

“Whatever little Mr. Taylor Lautner told you is a lie. Emma didn’t do anything. It was all a lie by that asshole Cody freaking Linley.”

“How should I believe you? You weren’t there.” Kellan pointed out.

“I don’t give a shit if I wasn’t there! I’m telling you the truth. And think about it: does Emma look like she would want to lie to Taylor? I don’t know how happy he made her these past few weeks, since I just found out that they were together, but she wouldn’t want to hurt him. Cody’s just like any other asshole that walks this planet.” Selena ranted. She took a deep breath, for she said this all in one breath. Kellan thought in silence. Selena went back to looking at the waves hitting the shore.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Kellan pull out his phone and start texting. After a few minutes, he pulled his attention back to Selena. Selena’s eyes were starting to droop, but she kept them open.

“Why are you always leaving me like that? Is there something wrong with me?” He asked, breaking the silence again, and looking at Selena with his sad, blue eyes. Selena automatically felt bad.

She bit her lip, “There’s nothing wrong with you, Kellan. Why would there be?” She looked down.

“I don’t know. You always leave when I want you to stay or when I want to talk to you.”

Selena sighed and started playing with her hands, “It’s complicated.”

“I’m sure I can keep up.” He flashed his cute, dimpled smile and Selena couldn’t help but smile too.

“I’m sorry, Kellan, but I just don’t want to talk about it. It scares me.” Selena’s fingers went over the bruise that formed around her wrists and thought back to earlier today. Kellan followed her gaze and took her hand.

“Selena, how are you getting these bruises? And don’t give me the whole ‘I fell’ bullshit.” He said, seriously.

Selena pulled her hand away and covered her face. “Don’t make me talk about it. Please.” Kellan pulled her into a hug and Selena hugged back, trying not to cry on his shirt.

“It’s okay, Selena. You don’t have to tell me; just tell me when you’re ready.” Kellan reassured her. Selena nodded, but didn’t let go. She felt safe and warm in his arms— something she hadn’t felt in a while. It was also something she never really felt when Steven held her.

“Whenever you need two arms to fall into, Selena, you can always count on me. I know you have Emma, but I’m just saying. You know where I’ll be, so all you have to do is look for me. I’ll be there.” He vowed, looking down at her calm figure in his arms.

Selena nodded, “Thank you, Kellan.” She yawned and her eyes started to droop again. If possible, she tightened her grip around Kellan’s waist and snuggled. She soon fell into a deep slumber, feeling safe and warm in Kellan’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by: Rescue You - Jake Epstein