What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall in Love?

She Keeps Saying and Praying, That One Day He Will Know Her Lips

Its been about five days since that night I went on a date with Stephen. We’ve actually been inseperable since then. I’ve also learned a lot about him, and he admitted that even though he’s known my sister for quite a while, he really didn’t know all that much about her. Which was good news to me, ‘cause it meant I was free to be myself. I didn’t have to lie to him about my likes and dislikes to make sure I fit my sister’s image.

So it’s kind of like I wasn’t lying to him, I just wasn’t using my name. I don’t know. We actually had a lot in common, which was a surprise to both of us.

He seemed totally confident to me, but he told me thats not the case. Stephen said that in reality, he’s kind of shy. And even when people come to talk to him after the shows, it’s awkward for him. He apparently feels insecure with people thinking he’s amazing, you know, in the fangirly sense. I kind of understand that. The way he explained it, it’s like he doesn’t like all the attention.

I thought that was kind of cute. I don’t know how to explain it. That’s also one of the things we had in common. Attention makes me nervous.

He had a way of explaining things in a way most people his age didn't. Like, a more mature way, I guess.

Right now I was sitting with him as he answered some questions on formspring.

One that caught my eye was a question that read, “I’m fourteen and I haven’t had any kind of romantic relationship yet. Is there something wrong with me?”

It seemed like Stephen didn’t even have to think before responding, “Not at all! You’re young. There’s plenty of time for love.”

I don’t know. To me it’s just the little things like that, they make me look at him and smile, because he’s so goddamn sweet.

I felt Stephen’s gaze on me, and I looked at him. I kind of mouthed a what, and found I was grinning like an idiot. He shook his head and looked away smiling himself.

I noticed the question he was on at the moment, “When you stood in front of me at one of the shows I realised you’re the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen I’m surprised you’re not married or anything.”

After a minute, I noticed he was typing an answer, “Haha, I can't even make a girl stick around.”

Awh. What is he talking about? He's so sweet and everything. I mean, honestly. He's the sweetest guy I have ever met.

If I things go the way I want, I'm sticking around.

To be honest, I really hoped he’d ask me to be his official girlfriend at some point this summer.

He hasn’t tried to kiss me yet. Other than the time he called me a tease. Actually, I kind of wanted him to.

I looked over at him again, as he continued to go on answering questions.

He’s so cute when he’s concentrating.

I guess he’d finished, he’d closed the browser window and turned to look at me.

I noticed that he was biting his lip.

“Hi.”

He chuckled,”Hey there.”

“So…”

“So…” he mimicked. “What do you want to do?”

“I dunno…” I trailed off.

“We could go play Mario Kart.”

I smiled, “Why? So I can beat you again?”

He laughed. “No. So I can show you how amazing I am when I’m actually trying.”

“So you’re telling me you let me win last time?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Maybe.” Stephen said, avoiding my eyes jokingly.

"Oh really? Don't come crying to me when I beat you again."

"You couldn't beat me even if I played with my eyes closed." He joked.

“Oh you are on Mr.Gomez.”

***

“Ha! I win!” I began to gloat.

“Oh hush.” Stephen laughed. “If I had just gotten the waterfall shortcut!”

“Well too bad, ‘cause thats how life goes. You can’t always get the waterfall short cut. You're such a loser!” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“C’mon. You’re hurting my feelings.” Stephen fake pouted.

“Aww poor baby.” I cooed. “Whatever can I do to make you feel better?”

“Kiss me better.”

“What?” I laughed lightly.

“You heard me.” He chuckled, “Kiss. Me. Better.” Stephen finished biting his lip.

“Oh okay.” I whispered getting closer to him. I ended up standing up right when he was about to kiss me, “But its too bad ‘cause you’re a la-hoo-ser!” I teased, and I began to dance around like an idiot.

He laughed. “Em.” Stephen whined.

“Loo-hoo-hoser!” I taunted, still dancing.

“Em.” Stephen was suddenly in front of me, his arms snaking around my waist.

“Huh?”

We both paused.

“Hi.” I could feel his breath on my cheek.

“Hi,” I whispered, staring at his chest.

Suddenly, I could feel him breathing on my neck.

Light as could be, his lips touched right below my ear.

He looked up, and our gazes locked. Before I could process what was happening, his lips were on mine.

Tentatively, he kissed me.

Although it was a mere peck on the lips, it took my breath away.

He pulled back a little and we looked at each other, before he connected our lips once again.

Stephen deepend the kiss, placing his hand on the back of my neck. Instinctively my hands arms went around his neck.

Soon enough we pulled apart, to my dismay.

Stephen leaned his forehead against mine. “Em, I hope you know I like you…a lot.” I heard a smile in his voice.

“I like you too, Stephen.” More than you can understand. I hope you just aren’t mad at me when I tell you who I really am. “A lot.”

Who’d have thought my first kiss would be with Stephen Gomez of all people.
♠ ♠ ♠
jsdhafkjkf
this is a fail
i don't know what to write anymore to be honest
comments are appreciated
and they make me want to write more frequently :]