‹ Prequel: Lima Loser.
Status: Slowly updating, but still updating. :)

Lima Loser - Part Two.

ONE;

It was Wednesday morning, about a week after I’d been accepted back into the Glee club. I was happier than ever, but especially this morning. I walked into the school, all chipper and whatnot, and let me tell you, it wasn’t normal. I usually wasn’t the “morning” type. But today I was. Why, may you ask? Because the dance that had been cancelled a few weeks back, had rescheduled to that night.

I wouldn’t be so excited if the Glee club wasn’t performing at the dance that night. But we were. Before the dance was cancelled, each Glee member had performed a song of their choice, and the song names were put into a hat. Whatever three songs were chosen from the hat would be performed. The three songs that were chosen were “Bad” by Michael Jackson, “Hello Brooklyn” by All Time Low, and “D.A.N.C.E” by Justice. I loved all three, and was super stoked to perform.

I walked to my locker, only to find Puck standing in front of it with a big smile plastered on his face. We’d been dating for about a week now, and despite the jealousy of other girls, it was working out awesomely. I greeted him with a kiss and opened my locker to get my books for first class, which was English.

“How’s it going?” he asked me.

“Great. I’m so excited for tonight.” I grabbed my English books and turned around, shutting my locker door with my foot and leaning against it.

“Me too,” he agreed. “The dance tonight is gonna be off the hook.”

“Definitely.”

“You’re still going with me, right?” A look of worry suddenly spread across his face.

I playfully punched him in the arm. “Of course I am.”

The bell rang. Puck and I walked to English class together. We entered Miss Monty’s class and took seats right next to each other.

“Good morning, class,” Miss Monty entered the room. “Today, we have a new student, coming all the way from Canada.”

“A Canadian, eh?” I heard Finn joke from across the room. Everyone laughed.

“Yes, a Canadian. I want all of you to be nice and welcoming to him.”

“Depends,” Puck whispered to me. I laughed and slapped him playfully.

Miss Monty went outside the door and walked back in a few minutes later, followed by a lanky guy with long brown hair. He was wearing a skin-tight Autopsy shirt and tight black faded jeans. He and Miss Monty both stood in the front of the classroom. The guy looked extremely awkward.

“Class, this is Blaze. Blaze Jagger,” she introduced us.

“Hey, Blaze,” the class mumbled like they were being controlled or something.

Blaze gave the class a small wave. “Mick and I go way back,” he finally spoke up. His voice was extremely low.

I laughed out loud. I heard Artie hum “Under My Thumb” to himself at the back of the room.

“Blaze, I hope you have a great time here at McKinley High. You can take a seat over there across from Courtney.” Miss Monty pointed to me.

Blaze came back and sat in the desk across from mine. I looked over at him. “I’m Courtney, and I just have to say that your name is the most badass name I’ve ever heard.”

“Thanks,” he chuckled. “I’ve been told.”

I smiled. “If you need any help finding your classes, just let me know.”

“Will do. Thanks.” He nodded.

Miss Monty began teaching. Halfway throughout the class, she gave us a worksheet and told us we were allowed to work in partners. Of course, Puck turned around in his seat and shoved his worksheet in my face. “I don’t get this.”

So, I spent the rest of the class showing him how to do it. He admitted that I was a better teacher than any of the teachers he had. But I think he was just sucking up because he wanted some skin or something.

The next classes went by pretty slowly, but by the time lunch came around, I grabbed my lunch bag out of my locker and Puck and I made our way to cafeteria. I scarfed down my mystery meat sandwich in a matter of 2-3 minutes, and then we walked straight to the music room together. Mr. Schue, Rachel and Mercedes and Kurt were already there.

“Hey, guys. Pumped for tonight or what?” Schue was grinning his head off.

“Of course! It’s gonna be amazing.” I gave him a thumbs-up.

“I agree. Well, when the others get here, we’re going to have a quick rehearsal. Gotta be prepared for tonight.” Mr. Schuester told us.

As he said that, Finn wheeled Artie into the room. Mike and Matt followed, and then Quinn and Tina behind them. Santana and Brittany nearly came in late because they claim their social lives are more important than Glee club.

We had a twenty minute rehearsal, which flew by. Five or six minutes before the bell rang, Rachel asked Mr. Schue what kind of project would we be doing next.

“I think we’re gonna try some classic rock after the dance,” he replied. “We may start tomorrow.”

I heard cheers and a few groans throughout the room.

“Guys, it’s not that bad!” Schue told the people who’d groaned, which was almost all of the girls and Kurt.

“Rock isn’t my thing…especially classic.” Santana made a face.

“I don’t mind rock,” Kurt spoke up. “But it doesn’t work with my voice.”

“Mr. Schuester, I don’t think this is going to work out,” Rachel folded her arms.

“Rock doesn’t have a certain ‘voice’. You just have to know how to use yours to fit the genre. Shall I demonstrate?”

Everyone began to clap in enthusiasm. Mr. Schuester’s performances were always amazing, and so entertaining.

He went to his personal CD rack in the corner of the music room, and picked out a CD. He popped it in the stereo and pressed play. He came back over to where we were all sitting and began what he did best.

“I looked out this morning, and the sun was gone.
Turned on some music to start my day.
I lost myself in a familiar song.
I closed my eyeees and I slipped awaaaaaay!”

“It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling!),
when I hear that old song they used to play.
I begin dreaming, (more than a feeling!),
'till I see Marianne walk awaaaaay.
I see my Marianne walkin' awaaaaaaaaayyy…”

“So many people have come and gone.
Their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on,
as clear as the sun in the summer skyyyyyyyy.”

“It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling!),
when I hear that old song they used to plaaaay.
I begin dreaming, (more than a feeling!),
'till I see Marianne walk awaaay.
I see my Marianne walkin' awaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!”

“When I'm tired and thinking cold,
I hide in my music, forget the day,
and dream of a girl I used to know.
I closed my eyeees and she slipped awaaaaaaay!
She slipped awaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!”

“It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling!),
when I hear that old song they used to play.
I begin dreaming, (more than a feeling!),
'till I see Marianne walk awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.”


He finished off with a bow and everyone was on their feet. First of all, that was the perfect song to sing to teach the Glee clubbers that they could do anything they set their mind to. Everytime I heard that song, it made me believe in myself. So, yes, great song choice. Also, Mr. Schuester sung it amazingly.

Blaze’s head suddenly piped in the door. “Did I just hear great music coming from this room?”

“You sure did,” Mr. Schuester grinned at him.

Blaze walked in and looked at everyone in the room. They all stared back at him. “I’m a huge Boston fan. That was awesome.”

“Thanks,” Mr. Schue walked over to him. “You’re the new kid, right?” Blaze nodded. “Well, I’m Mr. Schuester, and this is the Glee club. Can you sing?”

“Well, uh. I used to be in a metal band.” Blaze shrugged.

“Awesome. Well, we’re always looking for new members, so feel free to audition.” Mr. Schue told him. “This week we’re doing classic rock. Seems like something you’d enjoy.”

“Definitely. Yeah, I’ll think about it.”

“Really?” Schue looked surprised.

“Sure.”

“You know this club is for losers only, right?” Kurt blurted. We all glared at him.

“I’m the new kid. My social rank has to start somewhere.” Blaze shrugged again.

“Love your attitude,” Schue smiled. “If you’re still interested tomorrow, come here at 11:45 tomorrow and audition.”

Blaze nodded, and then the bell rang.

“You guys did great today! Seeya tonight!” Schue exclaimed as we exited the door.

I gave Puck a kiss before going to my locker to grab my art supplies for the next class. I noticed that Blaze’s locker was only a few away from mine.

I walked up to him. “Hey.”

“Hey,” he gave me a small smile.

“I really hope you at least audition for Glee. I’m quite curious about your voice.” I told him.

“It’s nothin’ special. But I’ll try out, just to get rid of your curiosity.” He laughed a little. “Hey, do you know where the art room is?”

“Yep. I’m headed there, too. Let’s walk to class together.”
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. If you haven't read the first part yet, I recommend you do so. It'll get confusing otherwise.
Music:
More Than a Feeling - Boston

Lemme know whatcha thinkinnnn'.