‹ Prequel: Lima Loser.
Status: Slowly updating, but still updating. :)

Lima Loser - Part Two.

TWENTY-THREE;

Brit and I walked into Glee club the next day with our pinkies linked together, wearing all 80’s clothes. We both had decided to dress identically, wearing medium-length flowy skirts and neon pink leggings underneath. Colorful slouch t-shirts covered our torso, and our messy teased hair was filled with pink and orange extensions. We also wore legwarmers and hot pink flats, with about a gazillion necklaces and bracelets. We looked totally 80’s, and I loved it.

As soon as I’d agreed to go to Brittany’s house, I figured that I’d regret it immediately, but to be honest (and I never thought I’d say this), Brittany was pretty cool. Sure, she was dumb as fuck and a cheerleader, but she knew how to dance, and I really liked her style. I just hadn’t given her much of a chance. But after working with her on the song she’d chosen, we kinda clicked, and I guess you could call us…pals. And of course, I was getting a kick out of how jealous Santana was getting. I’d not only stole her fuck buddy, but I’d also kind of stole her best friend.

Speaking of Santana’s ex-fuck buddy, he was sitting on a chair in the music room as we entered. I also noticed that Blaze was there. I was a little confused as to why they were at rehearsal, considering it had only been two days since they’d gotten in trouble, and their in-school suspension was supposed to last a full week.

They both looked up at us, along with everyone else in the room, and all we received were weird looks. I didn’t know whether it was the outfits or the fact that I was totally replacing Santana, but everyone in the room was seriously giving us a staredown.

I walked over to Puck and sat next to him, while Brittany sat on the other side of me. “Hey,” I smiled, kissing him on the cheek. “What are you doing here?”

“Mr. Schue talked Figgins into letting me and Blaze back into rehearsals for the week. He didn’t want us to miss it,” Puck replied. “What’s up with you and Brittany? And what’s up with your outfit?”

“Hey, don’t diss the outfit,” I sized myself up. “It’s for the assignment. I’m Brit’s guest vocalist, and oddly enough, we’re kinda friends now. And she demanded that we wear costumes.” I’d forgotten that she was sitting right beside me, but looked over and noticed that she wasn’t paying any attention to mine and Puck’s conversation in the first place. She was too busy pulling on a string that had hung from her skirt. It came loose and began to unravel. I slapped her hand away. “You’re unraveling it.”

“What?” she gave me a blank look.

“Just leave it alone,” I simply said, before turning back to Puck. “So, how’d you feel about Blaze being your guest vocalist?”

“I wanted to strangle someone. Preferably, him. I complained to Mr. Schue so many times about it, but he said it would be the perfect opportunity for us to get along.”

Did you guys end up getting along?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Not at all,” he replied. “But we managed to get my song done without killing each other.”

I nodded, satisfied with the answer. I didn’t need Puck to get into any more trouble than he already was. And Blaze, I just didn’t care about.

Mr. Schue walked into the room, late again. “Sorry about that, guys! Who’s up today?”

“Me first,” Santana stood up right away and walked to the front of the room. “We all know mine’s gonna be the best.”

I snorted, and she threw me a dirty look. She then glared back at Tina, who was just beginning to stand up. “Come on, Bjork. We don’t have all day.”

Tina looked scared shitless, but quickly made her way up next to Santana, who decided to treat the band like crap. “Are you gonna play or what?” They started, and after the short intro, she began to sing. I had to admit, she had a nice voice, but she acted like it was the best thing since sliced bread. And clearly, sliced bread is much more awesome.

Santana: “Just like the white winged doves,
sings the song that sounds like she’s singing.
Ooh…ooh…ooh.
Just like the white winged dove,
sings a song,
Sounds like she's singing.
Ooh, baby, ooh...said ooh.”

“And the days go by,
like a strand in the wind.
In the web that is my own,
I begin again.
Said to my friend, baby,
Nothin' else mattered.”

“He was no more than a baby then.
Well, he seemed broken hearted,
something within him.
But the moment…that I first laid
eyes…on…him…all alone.
On the edge of...seventeen.”

“Just like the white winged doves,
sings the song that sounds like she’s singing.
Ooh, baby, ooh...said ooh.
Just like the white winged dove,
sings a song,
Sounds like she's singing.
Ooh, baby, ooh...said ooh.”


Tina: “Well, I went today...maybe I will go again,
tomorrow. Yeah, yeah!
And the music there, well, it was hauntingly,
familiar.
And I see you doing,
what I try to do for me.
With the words from a poet,
and the voice from a choir.
And a melody...nothing else mattered.”


Santana: “Just like the white winged doves,
sings the song that sounds like she’s singing.
Ooh, baby, ooh...said ooh.
Just like the white winged dove,
sings a song,
Sounds like she's singing.
Ooh, baby, ooh...said ooh.”

“The clouds never expect it,
when it rains.
But the sea changes colors,
but the sea does not change.
And so, with the slow graceful flow
of age.
I went forth with an age old
Desire to please.
On the edge of...seventeen.
Oooooohhhh, aah.”

“Just like the white winged doves,
sings the song that sounds like she’s singing.
Ooh, baby, ooh...said ooh.
Just like the white winged dove,
sings a song,
Sounds like she's singing.
Ooh, baby, ooh...said ooh.”


Tina: “Well then, suddenly,
there was no one left standing,
In the hall...yeah, yeah!
In a flood of tears,
that no one really ever heard fall at all.
Well, I went searchin' for an answer,
Up the stairs and down the hall.
Not to find an answer,
just to hear the call,
Of a nightbird singing,
‘Come away, come away, come away!’”


Santana: “Just like the white winged doves,
sings the song that sounds like she’s singing.
Ooh, baby, ooh...said ooh.
Just like the white winged dove,
sings a song,
Sounds like she's singing.
Ooh, baby, ooh...said ooh.”


The song ended, and even though I hated Santana, I had to admit that she’d done a really good job with the song. She’d hit all of the right notes and made the song her own, which I thought was really hard to do with a song like that. Tina had also done an excellent job with it. I was very proud of her.

“Wow!” Mr. Schue clapped, along with the rest of us, some more enthusiastically than others. “That was lovely, girls, and great song choice!”

“Yeah, it was all me,” Santana felt the need to tell everyone before sitting back down. Tina just rolled her eyes, shook her head, and took a seat next to Artie.

“Alright…Kurt, come on up!” Mr. Schue called on the next person, who happened to be Kurt. He skipped up to the front of the room without a word, and Artie wheeled behind him. They both nodded to each other before giving one to the band, who took that as their cue to play. Kurt immediately flipped his hair back with his hand like he did before almost every performance, and then stared out at the audience while waiting for his time to shine.

Kurt: “We're talking away.
I don't know what…I'm to say.
I'll say it anyway.
Today's another day to find you.
Shying away.
I'll be coming for your love, okay?”


Kurt: “Taaaake on meeee.”
Artie: “(Take on me!)”
Kurt: “Taaaake meee onnnn!”
Artie: “(Take on me!)”
Kurt: “I'll beeeee gonnnne,
in a day or twooooo!”


Kurt: “So, needless to say.
I'm odds and ends,
but I’ll be, stumbling away,
slowly learning that life is okay.
Say after me,
it's no better to be safe than sorry.”


Kurt: “Taaaake on meeee.”
Artie: “(Take on me!)”
Kurt: “Taaaake meee onnnn!”
Artie: “(Take on me!)”
Kurt: “I'll beeeee gonnnne,
in a day or twooooo!”


Artie: “Oh, the things that you say!
Is it life or just a play,
my worries away.
You're all the things I've got to
remember.
You're shying away,
I'll be coming for you anyway.”


Kurt: “Taaaake on meeee.”
Artie: “(Take on me!)”
Kurt: “Taaaake meee onnnn.”
Artie: “(Take on me!)”
Kurt: “I'll beeeee gonnnne,
in a day or twooooo!”


Kurt: “Taaaake on meeee.”
Artie: “(Take on me!)”
Kurt: “Taaaake meee onnnn.”
Artie: “(Take on me!)”
Kurt: “I'll beeeee gonnnne,
in a day or twooooo!”


Before Kurt had even stopped singing, I was standing up and clapping wildly. Man, that kid had pipes. Crazy ones. He had hit some super high notes there that had sounded better than the original. It was absolutely nuts.

I looked over at Puck and grinned when I noticed that I didn’t have to remind him to clap for Kurt when he sang. I guess even a guy like him was starting to see Kurt’s talent, and that made me happy.

I looked around to see that everyone else was standing up and clapping as well, along with whistling. I couldn’t blame them.

“Kurt,” Mr. Schuester began, looking awestruck. “Did you seriously just do that?”

“Guess so,” Kurt put his hands on his hips and put on that cute smile of his.

“Wow,” Mr. Schue was at a loss for words. “Just…wow. Outstanding. ”

“You think so?” Kurt looked extremely happy with himself, and so did everyone else.

“Yes!” Mr. Schue exclaimed. “You too, Artie. Your voice contributed very well to the song. Fantastic job, both of you.”

After taking a moment for everyone to settle down, Mr. Schue called on Matt to perform next. He and Finn both walked up to the front of the room together, and without wasting any time, the song began. I laughed out loud when I realized what song they were doing, and knew that I’d be quite entertained for a few minutes.

Matt: “Traveling in a fried-out combie.
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie.
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous.
She took me in and gave me breakfast.
And she said…”

“‘Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.’”


Finn: “Buying bread from a man in Brussels.
He was six foot four and full of muscle.
I said, ‘Do you speak-a my language?’
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich.
And he said…”


Matt: “‘I come from a land down under,
Where beer does flow and men chunder.
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.’”

“Lying in a den in Bombay.
With a slack jaw, and not much to say.
I said to the man, ‘Are you trying to tempt me,
Because I come from the land of plenty?’
And he said…”


Matt: “‘Oh! Do you come from a land down under?’”
Finn: “(Oh, yeah, yeah.)”
Matt: “‘Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover!’”


Finn: “‘Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover!’”


Matt and Finn: “‘Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover!’”


I wouldn’t even try to deny that Kurt’s and Artie’s performance was a hell of a lot better, and any performance after theirs would be extremely hard to live up to, but Matt and Finn did a great job with their song. Matt had added in some hilarious dance moves, and Finn’s awkwardness was funny enough alone, so I wasn’t gonna hate.

“Love that song!” Mr. Schue applauded them, along with the rest of us. No standing ovations or anything, but it was pretty great. “Good job, Matt and Finn!”

They both smiled, gave each other a brotherly hug, and then went back to their seats.

“Brittany, are you ready?” Mr. Schue asked. She didn’t seem to notice that he was talking to her, so I nudged her. “Come on,” I whispered. “It’s our turn.”

She stood up, and we both linked our pinkies together again until we were standing at the front of the room, side by side. I honestly couldn’t wait to begin. I had a feeling that even though Brittany didn’t have a clue about anything, her song would turn out great. Maybe it was the costumes… They made me feel extra confident.

“Okay. Whenever you’re ready,” Mr. Schue nodded. I knew that if we were waiting on Brittany to signal the band to begin, we’d be there all day. So, I saluted them to begin, and when they did, Brit and I began hopping around.

Brittany: “I come home in the morning light.
My mother says, ‘When you gonna live your life right?’
Oh, mama, dear,
we're not the fortunate ones!
And girls…
They wanna have fu-un.
Oh, girls…
Just wanna have fun.”


I knew we were only one verse in, but no screw-ups so far, so I was thankful for that. Brittany walked over to Mr. Schue and sang the next part to him.

Brittany: “The phone rings in the middle of the night.
My father yells, ‘Whatchu gonna do with your life?’
Oh, daddy dear,
you know you're still number one!
But girls, they wanna have fu-un.
Oh girls, just wanna have…
That's all they really waaaannttt! Some fuuuuunnnn!”


Brittany: “When the working day is done!
Oh girls…
they wanna have fu-un.
Oh girls…
Just wanna have…”


Brittany and I: “Girls…
They want…
Wanna have fun…
Girls…
Wanna have…”


We then began to hop around the room, singing to each of our Glee mates, and clearly letting them know that girls just wanted to have fun. I hoped they understood that much. The next part was mine, so I decided to skip over to Blaze and pretty much ram the lyrics into his head.

Me: “Some boys take a beautiful girl,
and hide her away from the rest of the world.
I wanna be the one to walk in the sun!
Oh girls…
They wanna have fu-un.
Oh girls…
Just wanna have…
That's all they really waaaaannnt!
Is some fuuuuunnnnnn!”

“When the working day is done,
Oh girls…
They wanna have fu-un.
Oh girls…
Just wanna have....”


Brittany and I: “Girls…
They want…
Wanna have fun.
Girls…
Wanna have…”


Brittany: “They just wanna,
They just wanna!
They just wanna,
They just wanna!”

Me: “(Girls just wanna have fun...)”
Brittany: “Oh...”

“Girls just wanna have fu-un.”

Me: “They just wanna,
They just wanna!
They just wanna,
They just wanna!”


Brittany: “They just wanna...”
Me: “(They just wanna have fun.)”
Brittany: “Girls just wanna have fu-un.”

I went over to Mercedes and grabbed her hand, bringing her to the front of the room to dance with us. Santana also stood up without anyone’s permission, and started to dance her way to where we were. Eventually, all of the girls (and Kurt) were bouncing around the room, as Brittany and I continued the song.

Me: “When the workin'…
When the working day is done!
Oh, when the working day is done!
Oh, girls...
Girls,
just wanna have fu-un.”


Brittany: “They just wanna,
They just wanna!
They just wanna,
They just wanna have fun.”

“Girls just wanna have fu-un.
They just wanna,
They just wanna!
They just wanna,
They just wanna!”

Me: “(Have fun.)”

All of the girls: “When the workin'…
When the working day is done!
Oh, when the working day is done!
Oh, girls…
Girls just wanna have fu-un.”

“They just wanna,
They just wanna!”


When the song ended, all of the girls came together in a group hug, while the guys clapped very unenthusiastically. They were a very sexist bunch. Mr. Schue, on the other hand, was extremely happy with our performance. “That was very inspiring, girls!” he told us, grinning. “Great job!”

When we all settled down and the girls returned to their seats, Mr. Schue spoke up again. “Alright…we have time for one more performance today, and the rest of you will perform tomorrow. Puck and Blaze, why don’t you two end off the meeting?”

“Great idea!” I whispered to Puck with lots of sarcasm. He nodded in agreement, and sighed as he stood up. He walked to the front of the room and stood there until Blaze decided he was ready to join him. When they were both up there, and everyone could see how much they liked each other, Puck prompted the band to begin. I smiled at the song selection, but didn’t really like that Blaze had to sing it with Puck. I also had a feeling that the two wouldn’t be able to get through the entire song without swinging punches.

Puck: “Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?
You give me something I can hold onto.
I know you think I'm like the others before,
Who saw your name and number on the wall.”


Puck looked straight at me as he sang the chorus, smirking. I made the shape of a heart with my hands, but only until Blaze cut in. Then, I rolled my eyes and pretended to stab myself in the face.

Puck: “Jenny, I got your number.
I need to make you mine.
Jenny, don't change your number.
8-6-7-5-3-0-9.”

Blaze: “(8-6-7-5-3-0-9.)”
Puck: “8-6-7-5-3-0-9.”
Blaze: “(8-6-7-5-3-0-9.)”

Another part from Blaze, and I just wanted to, like Puck had said, strangle him. Seeing him seriously just made me want to puke. You know those people you hate and when you see them, it automatically ruins your day? Well, Blaze was now one of those people to me. Although I had a lot more fun seeing his bruised and cut face than his normal one.

Blaze: “Jenny, Jenny, you're the girl for me.
You don't know me, but you make me so happy.
I tried to call you before, but I lost my nerve.
I tried my imagination, but I was disturbed.”


When the chorus came around again, the two boys went up to each other and began to sing angrily to each other. Their faces were only maybe three inches apart, and they were doing some hardcore death glaring.

Puck: “Jenny, I got your number.
I need to make you mine.
Jenny, don't change your number.
8-6-7-5-3-0-9.”

Blaze: “(8-6-7-5-3-0-9.)”
Puck: “8-6-7-5-3-0-9.”
Blaze: “(8-6-7-5-3-0-9.)”

They began to get a little physical at the next part. Blaze poked Puck in the shoulder, and then Puck poked him back a little harder, making him move backwards a tiny bit. And it didn’t help that they were screaming the words into each other’s faces.

Puck: “I got it!”
Blaze: “I got it!”
Puck: “I got it!”
Blaze and Puck: “I got your number on the wall!”
Puck: “I got it!”
Blaze: “I got it!”
Puck: “I got it!”
Blaze and Puck: “For a good time, for a good time, callllllll!”

And that was when it became more than just a poke. The boys began to shove each other back and forth across the room. Puck pushed Blaze into the guitar player, forcing the band to stop playing and look up at the two children fighting. Mr. Schue quickly made his way over to them both and stood in between them with his hands on both of their chests, preventing things from getting any worse.

“Hey! Stop!” Mr. Schue yelled at the top of his lungs. Both Puck and Blaze stopped trying to tackle each other and just scowled. “Now, I tried to talk Principal Figgins into letting you guys come here because I thought having to work together on a song would make you two realize that you have to get along in this club. I thought the song would bring you two together, at least enough to get over whatever is going on between the both of you. I guess I was wrong.”

“Damn straight you were!” Blaze shouted.

“Watch your mouth, Blaze!” Mr. Schue continued, and he was about to say something else, but the bell rang. People began to exit the room, wanting to get away from all of the drama. Mr. Schue looked over at each of the two pissed off students. “You both can stay behind. We’re going to work this out now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Music:
Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks.
Take On Me - A-Ha.
Land Down Under - Men At Work.
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper.
867-5309/Jenny - Tommy Tutone.

Oh, man. These are some of my favorite songs ever. <333

I've noticed that most of my readers are silent, and that makes me sad. It makes me feel like my story is crap, which it probably is, but if you feel that way, let me know! Please just take a few seconds to comment and let me know what I'm doing right or wrong. It would mean a lot. <3

PS. I have another story that I just started a couple weeks ago. It's a Puckleberry fan fiction called "You Can't Hurry Love", and I'm only three chapters in, so if you don't really like this one, check out my other one. :)