‹ Prequel: Lima Loser.
Status: Slowly updating, but still updating. :)

Lima Loser - Part Two.

THIRTY-THREE;

After a long period of Spanish, I walked to my Art classroom to meet up with Kurt and discuss the new kid with him. I entered the room to see that he was already sitting there, waving frantically for me to come over. I guessed that he already knew.

As I took my seat, I looked over at him. “So, you know?”

“Know what? That I look absolutely fabulous wearing this Marc Jacobs sweater? It’s brand new. I had to show you,” he pointed excitedly to the sweater he was wearing. I stared at it, trying to find out what was so wonderful about it. It was a black sweater. Sure, it may have been designed by the oh-so amazing “Marc Jacobs” (whoever the hell that was), but I didn’t think it was that interesting. Guess I just wasn’t a fashionista like Kurt.

“Nice sweater,” I pat him on the back. “Did you see the new kid yet?”

“What? New kid?” Kurt looked around the classroom in attempts to find him.

“He’s not here. But I met him earlier. His name is Sam, and he’s cute and blonde and everything you adore,” I explained.

“Really!?” Kurt squealed. “Is he…y’know…”

“Undetermined,” I shrugged. “But he seems like he could be.”

“Great. I’ll have to do some major spying at lunch,” Kurt looked like he was plotting something.

“Or not…” I smiled as Sam Evans himself walked into the art room, holding nothing but a pencil. He spotted me and waved, looking as if he was about to come over and sit by me, but when he saw Kurt staring at him with lovesick eyes, he plopped down next to some kid who was picking his nose.

“Yeah, he’s definitely gay,” Kurt said, bluntly. “Just in denial.”

“Right, right,” I laughed.

“He shall be mine,” he gave a quiet evil scientist laugh. “As a matter of fact, I’m going to write him a love letter right now.”

“Wait, what?” I asked. But Kurt was already scribbling down words on a piece of blank paper. Eventually, he put the pencil down, and made a perfect paper airplane. He threw it across the room, and oddly enough, it landed directly in front of Sam, who just looked at it weirdly. He picked it up and unfolded it, however, and laughed out loud when he read it. He looked over at Kurt and I with a stunning smile, and I just smiled nervously back at him, giving him a thumbs up and wondering what on earth Kurt had put on the paper.

“What did it say?” I asked, suspiciously.

“Oh, nothing,” Kurt fluttered his eyelashes. “Just something about how the sun could never shine as bright as him, and how his lips are perfect. And how I can’t help but think about feeding strawberries to him under the moonlight.”

“Kurt!” I slapped him playfully. “You’re going to scare him off!”

“Well, he laughed, didn’t he?” Kurt replied, brushing off his new sweater. “I also put some lyrics from a Nevershoutnever! song in there.”

“He is going to kill himself, you know that?” I tried not to say this too loud.

“At least you’ll know he died a hottie,” Kurt shrugged.

When the bell rang, I put away my art supplies and was about to exit the classroom, ready to find Puck and eat some lunch. Sam, however, caught up with me as I was leaving the art room.

“So, how about those strawberries?” He chuckled.

I paused for a moment, throwing him a weird look, but then caught on. “Hey, that wasn’t-” I was about to tell him that the love letter wasn’t from me, but then decided against it. It would lessen Kurt’s chances even more if Sam found out that he was the one who wrote it.

“-Oh yeah!” I corrected myself. “Sorry about that. Kurt and I were just fucking around.”

“Right. So, you weren’t hitting on the new guy?” He smirked, and part of me wondered if Puck had gotten to him yet. His attitude from earlier had completely changed.

“Definitely not,” I chuckled. “I have a boyfriend.”

“Aw,” he pouted a little, but I knew he was just joking. “Well, anyway, I’m taking your advice. I’m trying out for the football team after school today.”

“Nice!” I high-fived him. “Can’t wait to see you turn out like one of them,” I shuddered as Karofsky walked by. He heard me and turned around, giving me a dirty look. As if I gave a fuck.

“Aren’t you dating one of them?” Sam asked.

“Kind of. Except Puck isn’t half as bad as most of them. Finn isn’t either. They’ve both smartened up after joining the Glee club,” I explained.

“The what club?” His eyes widened at the term.

“Long story. Ask one of them if you get the time,” I smiled a little before waving and walking the opposite way of Sam, to meet up with Puck at my locker. Once I arrived, I shoved my books into my locker and stood waiting for my boyfriend, who was usually the one waiting on me.

Weird, I thought, and after another five minutes of standing there like an idiot, I began to walk off to the cafeteria by myself. I noticed Finn and his boys sitting at one of the tables, and Puck wasn’t with them either. I approached their table. All of them looked up at me like I was some kind of monster, but Finn just smiled.

“Hey,” I waved a little. “Have you seen Puck?”

“Yeah,” Finn nodded. “He told me to let you know that he got a lunch detention. I forgot. Sorry.”

“That’s okay,” I shrugged. “Did he say anything else?”

“Yeah,” Azimio spoke up. “Get the hell away from the football table. The freaks, they’re over there,” he added, pointing to where Artie, Mercedes, and Kurt were sitting.

“Well, why aren’t you over there?” I rolled my eyes, and everyone laughed a little.

“Aaaaaaaanyway,” Finn continued. “Puck also told me to tell you to meet him by the boy’s locker room after school.”

“But don’t go inside,” another jock spoke up. “No girls allowed.”

“What are you, eight?” I laughed, and walked away, starting to feel a little queasy after being around the egotistical football players.

-------------------------------------------------------

Well, I spent the whole lunch without Puck, which was a lot harder than it sounded. I hung out with Mercedes and Kurt for a while as they talked about Sam, but it just wasn’t the same.

Luckily lunch went by quickly, and I went to my last two classes, still without Puck. It was a little depressing, but with some notes and worksheets to keep me occupied, I got through it. As soon as the last bell of the day rang, however, I booted it straight to the boy’s locker room.

Puck wasn’t there when I arrived, but he’d probably earned himself another detention before then anyway, so I didn’t exactly expect him to be standing there. I tried to peek through the small window on the door to the boy’s locker room, but it was too steamy. I considered entering, but then decided that I’d rather not see a bunch of naked sweaty assholes whom I disliked.

Instead of waiting around like I had all damn day, I went to get a bag of chips from the vending machine. I sat in the cafeteria by myself, pigging out on vending machine chips and staring out the cafeteria window.

Well, I fell asleep on the table for at least forty minutes. I woke up due to a bad dream that consisted of cookie dough and Jacob Ben Israel...let’s not go there. /shudder.

When I wiped the drool off of my face and looked at the time, I decided to attempt the locker room again. Puck had to be out of detention by then, and he was bound to be out of football practice at any minute, too.

So, I went back to the locker room, and when Puck still wasn’t there, I seriously began to get pissed off. I pushed open the locker room door, not giving a fuck what types of rules I was breaking or who saw me. I just wanted to find my boyfriend.

After not being able to find him, I grumbled to myself. But before leaving, I heard a shower turn on. “Puck?” I said, quietly, and then walked towards the showers. But before getting there, I noticed a blonde mop sticking out from over the slab of concrete wall. Sam.

I stared for a few seconds, but then realized how creepy and stalker-like I was being, so I was going to turn around and leave. But then I heard the most amazing thing of all. Sam’s rather large mouth opened, and…lyrics came out.

“These eyes…cry every night for you.
These arms…long to hold you…again.
The hurtin's on me, yeah!
But I will never be free!
Oh my, baby, no no.
You gave a promise to me, yeah…
and you broke it, you broke it.
Oh, oh.”

“These eyes…watched you bring my world to an end.
This heart…could not accept and pretend…”
The hurtin's on me, yeah!
But I will never be free!
No, no, no.
You took the vow with me, yeah.
You spoke it, you spoke it.
Babe…”

“These eyes…are cryin'!
These eyes have seen a lot of love,
but they're never gonna see another one like I had with you!”

“These eyes…are cryin'!
These eyes have seen a lot of love,
but they're never gonna see another one like I had with you!”


His voice was great. Sure, it wasn’t like the original, at all, but he was a decent singer, and I wouldn’t even try to deny that. I slowly began to back away, hoping he wouldn’t notice that I was there in the first place, but of course, I tripped over one of the benches and fell flat on my ass.

Sam stopped singing and turned around. He saw me sitting on the floor, and raised an eyebrow. “Stalker?”

“Of course not,” I told him as I attempted to stand up. “I came in because I was looking for Puck.”

“Well, he’s not here,” Sam replied, quite obviously.

“Yeah, I know,” I nodded. “I was about to leave, but then I heard you sing to one of the best songs of all time, and…your voice is incredible.” I moved towards him a little, but then realized that he was naked in a shower. Luckily, the wall covered up everything I didn’t need to see.

“And you’re telling me this while I’m in the shower…” he kept the weird look on his face.

“Yep,” I said simply, and then looked around the locker room. “Okay, well, this is awkward so I’m going to leave now. Let’s pretend this didn’t happen.”

“What didn’t happen?” he laughed a little.

“Right. Well, seeya tomorrow,” I waved. “Oh, and if you see Puck, tell him he’s dead.”

“Will do. Seeya.”

And with that, I turned around and left the boys locker room, humming the tune of “These Eyes” and hoping I’d never have to go back in there again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Music:
These Eyes - The Guess Who.

I kinda like this chapter. But that's just me. I'm interested in what YOU guys think...so get commentin'!