Status: BAYAMM MUTHATRUCKAHZZ!!

Shall We Dance?

Shall We Dance?

Helen dropped to her knees with exhaustion. Floating several feet above her, Nial threw back his head with laughter. Helen glared at him as best she could in the state she was in, wishing all manner of terrible fates upon him. He faced her with a haughty sneer, peering through a pale golden lock of hair that hung across his brow defiantly. Locking gazes with Helen, he slowly lowered himself to the ground. The heels of his whit leather boots clacked loudly on the back stone tiles as he walked briskly over to Helen’s still-slumped, still-panting form. Nial squatted in front of her, his snow-white face little more than an inch from Helen’s own golden-tanned one.
“You shouldn’t have come here,” he informed her irritably, his voice sounding beautiful and delicate despite his imposing anger.
Helen said nothing in reply. She was not quite stupid enough to try and provoke Nial when he could kill her with a snap of his long, ivory fingers.
But Nial would not kill her. Instead, he topped the index finger of his right hand to the large blue oval gemstone that Helen wore on a chain around her neck. The stone shattered without warning, and terrible images filled Helen’s mind. Images of all the people, places and things she held dear – all the things she had lost.
Helen wailed in despair at the pain the onslaught of images brought on. A deep ache in her chest threatened to knock her unconscious. She collapsed onto her side, tears streaming down her cheeks. For a few minutes all Helen could do was cry, and Nial watched on. When the tears stopped flowing she forced herself up slightly to glare menacingly at the tall, slim figure that had remained crouched beside her.
“Why do you torture me so?” Helen mumbled pathetically, sobs still rattling in her chest.
“Because!” Nial said loudly, standing and turning in a way that caused his canary-yellow cloak to flare out behind him, gently tousling Helen’s dusty-blond hair.
“Because,” he repeated, much more quietly. He began to climb a set of non-existent stairs. Tears welled in his eyes as he whispered so softly that Helen could not hear him. “You just make it so much fun for me.”
Then he faded into the blackness that surrounded them.
♠ ♠ ♠
'snot very long...