Making the Grade

Part 1 of 2

In this day and age, there are ethics and morals that everyone has the choice to honor..

This is not one of those stories.
_________________________________________________

Arriving half an hour before class started, a pretty brunette sat in the middle of the classroom, a few rows back from the front. As she adjusted her book and notebook, a tall man wearing glasses, with salted hair and a matching beard strode into the classroom.

He glanced up and caught her eye, "Oh, hello!"

She smiled, "Hi."

Removing the glasses from his nose, he rubbed the corners of his eyes. He took a seat behind the computer, and logged into the system before removing his overcoat and neatly placing it on the table.

She went back to outlining her notes and glanced up when a man walking into the room and engaged the professor in conversation.

Not wanting to feel like she was eavesdropping, she silently got out of her seat and ventured down the hallway into the bathroom. Standing in front of the mirror she examined her reflection and sighed.

Exiting the bathroom, she slowly made her way back to the classroom.

When she walked back into the room, they had finished their conversation and said their goodbyes.

She took her seat again, and quietly sat there, staring at her book.

Slowly, the class began to fill and the professor started to pace the room, ready to begin his lecture.
____________________________________________________

Half an hour into the class, she found herself clinging on to her attention span, and started looking around the room.

Unintentionally, she caught the professor's eye and quickly looked at the chalkboard.

She later noticed that almost every time she looked up, or in his direction, his eyes were locked with hers.

Without trying to make the situation any more awkward, she started to look at the most inconvenient place; his crotch. Sarcastically telling herself that this wasn't so awkward, she happened to look up and found him staring at her.

Feeling pretty sure that her face had changed color, she quickly went back to looking at her book.

When she felt safe, she looked in his direction and noticed he was standing against the wall, waiting for someone to answer his recent question.

In thought, she glanced at the projector screen and then back at him when a student raised his hand.

What surprised her was that he was watching her.

This went back and forth for the rest of class.
_________________________________________________________

Two hours later, as the class dismissed she tried not to look at him as she gathered up her things.

But impulse got the best of her.

He sat behind the computer, and looked up as he flexed his fingers, and finished gathering his papers. They smiled at each other and muttered 'goodnight'.

She exited the room and smiled to herself, 'This is going to be an interesting class.'