Must Be Dreamin'

You Ready?

”AHHH I’M SO EXCITED!” I squealed as our tour bus pulled up to the spot we were supposed to meet my best friend.

“Kirstie you get excited by bendy-straws,” our drummer Kevin shot at me from the opposite end of the couch I was lounging on.

“Shut up Kev,” I shot at him but my smile quickly came through. I took a few of the chips that our singer Danny was eating and threw them at Kevin.

“Hey thanks,” He laughed while picking them up off of his chest where they had landed and put them in his mouth.

”Chip stealer!” Danny laughed while pointing at me. I just shrugged before laughing along with him.

“But guys I really want you to be nice to Kylee. You both know she lost her brother and I really want this to be a good thing for her,” I truthfully told them.

“We’ll be nice, we promise,” Kevin stated.

“Oh and try not to scare her either,” I added with a little giggle.

“Hey! If she’s friends with you she won’t be scared by us,” Danny countered.

“Yeah you’re weirder than the both of us put together,” Kev rolled his eyes.

Kylee Lusk has been my best friend since the seventh grade. We are both very different but at the same time we are very similar. We enjoy being with each other so much and our friendship is something I have always treasured. No one understands me the way she does.

Her older brother Jeremy was someone I very much enjoyed as well. He was such a fun and nice guy. I loved seeing him whenever I went over to their house…. Which was almost everyday of our growing up years considering we live within 5 minutes of each other.

But now the Lusk family has to deal with such a tragedy. It’s so hard to believe that Jeremy is gone. It hurt me a lot when I found out, especially since I was on tour and couldn’t be there for all of it. I’ve tried to push all of those feelings away from me to be there for Kylee. She’s so upset over all of this and I don’t blame her. It’s truly a tragedy and Ky was always so close to Jeremy.

I have been doing my best to emotionally be there for my best friend but it doesn’t work too well considering that I can’t physically be there. Sometimes I wish I could just transport myself from wherever I am on tour to so cal so I could just give her a hug. I feel absolutely awful for not being able to be there for her, it makes me feel like such a horrible friend but I couldn’t just leave on tour.

I finally figured out a plan though… I invited Kylee to come with me! AND SHE SAID YES! I really think this will be good for her. She is constantly surrounded by the FMX community and reminders of her brother. Everyone in the Metal Mulisha is distraught over the situation and I understand but it doesn’t help Kylee’s emotional state any. She needs to get away from it all for a while.

I was so happy to have her come on tour with us. I get to spend a ton of time with my bestie! Don’t get me wrong I love Danny and Kevin but it gets old spending months on a tour bus with two guys. And our manager who drives the bus is a guy too and it’ll be nice having a girl who is my best friend with me!

So now that I’m 22 I have been in this band for 4 years. I got my first guitar at the age of 14. I was a mischievous child and a hyper one too and so I got into trouble at times so my dad bought it for me to give me something to do so I wouldn’t be so mischievous all the time and it worked. I played that thing 24/7. Then when I was 18 I got a call from one of my friends who knew Danny and said that their lead guitarist quit and they needed a fill in for a little bit. And the rest is history….

Now four years later we’re one of the biggest bands in America right now. It’s still weird seeing people on the street with one of our tee shirts of seeing our band name filling the number one spot of the popular songs.

My mind was taken off all of this as I saw a familiar truck drive up. I let out a loud squeal as I jumped up and ran to the door of the bus.

”KYLEE!” I loudly squealed as I saw her get out of her truck.

“Kirstie!” She smiled back as I ran down the stairs and pulled her into a giant hug.

“You ready?” We’re going to have so much fun!” I excitedly said once we parted.

“I can’t wait,” She told me.

I just let out another little squeal as I clapped my hands together. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the bus and showed her around. We got her stuff and then we were off to Seattle where our next show was. I was looking forward to this time I was going to get to spend with her, I could only hope she was looking forward to it just as much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think you guys will like this story! I hope so! lol

Comments please?

Kirstie
the band