Must Be Dreamin'

Cause This Is Life

When I woke up the next morning after the horrible thing Josh did, I was hoping that I had dreamed everything. But seeing Kirstie on the couch, still sleeping, put everything back into prospective. I sighed and cuddled up on the chair more, wishing Jimmy was here.

I stayed at Kirstie’s last night, obviously. I couldn’t imagine her being alone right now. Jimmy wanted to come, but I knew we would end up cuddling. Kirstie wouldn’t haveJosh a cuddle buddy and I wasn’t about to share, so he stayed home.

He was worried though. It was clear. He’s a caring guy, which is one of the many things I love about him. But I think he was more disappointed in Josh for doing such a thing. I honestly never thought he would do such a thing. Sure he may have that image, but… really, Josh?

As the time passed and Kirstie still hadn’t woken up, I started texting Jimmy. I think he just woke up. His texts weren’t making any sense. It was cute though. I wanted to reach through the phone and hug him, but… I was here.

Finally, around 12:30, Kirstie finally wakes up. Her eyes were still all red and puff and I could imagine sore. As she sat up and rubbed her eyes, I gave her a sympathetic look. Poor girl.

“What time is it?” she asked while yawning.

“Almost one,” I replied while glancing down at my phone for the time.

“What? I called the guys last night and said I had some songs I wanted to record. I told them to be there by noon! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! CARP! CRAP!” she muttered while getting her butt in gear.

Adding to her tears last night, it seemed to be a huge motivation for her to write. She had her guitar by her side, but she never picked it up, just kept scribbling words in a notebook. She asked me about a few lines every once in a while… like I’m the lyrical genius in this friendship. But all of them were directed to one person… obviously.

When she came down, changed for the day, she quickly grabbed her car keys and told me to get into her car. Wow, I know she just broke up with her boyfriend, but she could be a little nicer! But I went with her, sending a text Jimmy’s way to tell him where I was going. He didn’t seem too thrilled, but whatever. He goes and hangs with his friends all the time and I don’t say anything! He can suck it up for an afternoon.

Once we got to the studio, Kirstie rushed inside. I followed, but not as quickly at her. But when I got inside, they guys were teasing her already about why she was late. Apparently, they haven’t gotten the news yet.

“I had a rough night last night. Sorry,” she said softly while running her hand through her hair.

“So, what do you got for us?” Danny asked while clapping his hands together and then rubbing them.

“Well, where should I start?” she said more to herself, I think.

“Kirstie, are you… ok? You usually don’t write this much unless something really… bad happens,” Kevin piped in.

“I’m fine,” she mumbled while picking her guitar up and going into the booth.

Right when the door shut, the two darted their eyes to me. WHY ME? This would have been the perfect time for Jimmy to be the best boyfriend ever and call me to get me out of this situation, but no. URG!

“Spill,” Danny said while crossing his arms.

“Her and Josh broke up,” I sighed, hoping it was ok for me to tell them.

“Seriously?” they both asked at the same time.

“He cheated,” I softly spoke.

I swear it was like a ghost just slapped both of them in a face. Their mouths were opened so wide that I was terrified they couldn’t get them shut. Maybe I shouldn’t have told them. But Kirstie’s voice broke them out of their little trance. Now their attention was on her.

“Can we get started… Please?” she said, obviously getting impatient.

“Yeah,” Kevin said while getting everything ready.

I sighed and plopped down on the couch they had in there. I watched Kirstie as her eyes scanned the paper in front of her. The look on her face was just pure sadness. It made me want to cry from just looking at her. I couldn’t imagine what she’s going through right now.

The second Danny and Kevin gave her the ok to go, she started singing, pouring her heart out into these songs. In a way it made me wish Josh was here to see what he’s done to her. Jerkface. I want to personally go to his house and slap him! But Kirstie needs me right now… slapping her butthead of an ex boyfriend can wait for now. But once she started this one song, I wanted to hunt him down… now!

‘It hurt so much to see you with her
I can't begin
And now I long just for a kiss
It's you I miss...

Why can't you try to see that I am you and you are me?
But you've moved on and now I'm gone
Goodbye
Someday I will too
I don't need you and I
Cause this is life...

You raped my mind and tore my heart
I hope you’re proud
I'm now unblind
A fresh new start
What to do now?
Make the pain go away, for me…


She ran through those three little stanzas three times. The only reason she quit was because she couldn’t sing anymore without her voice cracking and her losing it completely.

I went into the booth with her and pulled her in for a tight hug. She accepted my embrace and cried onto my shoulder. Boys are jerks sometimes. Why do they make good people like this cry so much? It ticks me off. It actually makes me want to clone Jimmy so every girl can experience how nice of a guy he is… but then I’d be sharing Jimmy in this weird way. And we all know that I won’t share him. That was just a bad thought… scratch that. JG just needs to fall off the face of this Earth.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww *Sad face* lol

Ky

comment?