Must Be Dreamin'

Lil' Wayne?

I’ve been on tour with Kirstie’s band for a few weeks now. It’s so much fun. I honestly thought this wouldn’t help at all, but I’ve been enjoying myself. The first couple of days I just chilled out backstage. I hated to admit it, but that got boring. So, they stuck me in the merch booth… Now that was fun.

Their other merch guy and I always danced around when the bands were playing. People would come up and join us too… even tipping us! How awesome is that? But it also gave me the chance to talk to people I’m usually not around. That one helped a lot. My mind wasn’t on freestyle motocross anymore.

But tonight, I’m staying my butt backstage all night. Want to know why? Todd’s coming to the show! He’s in town for a demo so he said he’d come as long he didn’t have to fight through the crowd. Kirstie said that she guessed he could come backstage…as long as he shaved. Whatever… I like him scruffy!

I waited around impatiently that night. The opening bands had already played their set… and Todd hadn’t showed up yet. What is wrong with him? I know he’s not the most responsible person, but… really, Todd?

As the minutes passed by, I was getting impatient. I even called his phone. But imagine that… no answer.Typical Todd! Finally after about ten more minutes, I see that scruffy face. I smile at him, but his bright white smile never came over him… and I quickly found out why.

Standing next to him was a security guy. I had to laugh though. What could he have possibly done to get into trouble? Kirstie came over during this time. She had to have her own giggles too.

“These gentlemen claim to know you, but they don’t have backstage passes. Do you know them?” the big beefy guy asked Kirstie.

I looked at Todd confused. There’s only Todd. Who else is there? But I smiled once I saw. Jimmy came with him. Once he saw my smile, his quickly formed. But then I saw the new kid on the Mulisha, Josh, and I just rolled my eyes.What a little follower.

“Yeah, let them in… except the hairy one,” she teased, sending a sly smile to Todd.

HEY!” he glared at her, making Kirstie and I erupt into a fit of laughter.

“Fine… But just because you’re my best friend’s boyfriend… for reasons unknown to me,” she went on to taunt before going over to warm up for her performance.

Once she left I made a beeline to Jimmy. I was so glad to see him. I was excited to see Todd too, but Jimmy’s been my rock for the past month and a half. Of course I’m going to be attached to him a little more.

“How are you?” he asked through his smile once we parted.

“So much better now… that all of you are here,” I replied, trying to catch myself.

Jimmy and I shared another smile before I went over and hugged Todd. He hugged back, but… not like he usually does. I want my Toddie Bear hugs!

“Hey, baby,” I grinned up at him, waiting to kiss those yummy plump lips that I haven’t touched in three weeks.

“Hey,” he simply replied.

I pouted at him, making a small smile come through before he bent down to give me a soft kiss… a soft kiss! Todd’s kisses are never soft! Especially when we haven’t seen each other for this long. They’re always loving, and passionate, and… intense! Not… soft!

I went to question him, but before I could, he said he needed to get a drink. A drink? A drink is more important than me? I pouted at him the whole time he was walking away. But Jimmy came over and hooked his arm around my shoulders, making me feel a little better.

“Hi Josh!” I said overly happily, trying to shift the whole mood that Todd just created.

“Hey, Ky,” he said in the same cheesy tone as me.

“Surprised to see you here… Lil Wayne doesn’t rock out too much,” I teased, referring to thecrap music that thumps through his truck speakers.

“Ha ha, you’re so funny. For your information, I didn’t want to come. But I saw the poster and thought the lead singer chick was cute,” he countered, making me giggle.

“You mean Danny?” I said through my laughter.

“I thought your friend, Kirstie, sang,” he said obviously confused.

“Kirstie actually plays lead guitar,” I boasted about my best bud.

“Nu uh… chicks can’t play the guitar… especially lead,” he replied while crossing his arms.

Just then a loud strum echoed through the venue. I smiled at Josh as his eyes got wide. Kirstie was behind me. I knew it! She’d have her guitar in her hands, getting ready to step out on stage. Amazing what you notice when you’re backstage for a few shows.

“Don’t drool too much now, Joshie,” I teased while patting his shoulder.

As the show got started, I noticed Todd on the other side of the stage, sipping on his drink. It ticked me off. He wants to be all the way over their… then fine. I’ll stay right here with Jimmy and Josh. He can be all the way over there all he wants.

But that didn’t stop the band from rocking it. It was amazing like always. I think Josh liked it. He may not openly admit it, but he liked it. I caught him head banging a few times. He so fits the rocker image better than the little gangster. Ditch the rap crap, Joshie.

When Kirstie stepped off of the stage, I went over and pulled in for a hug for how much she rocked it. I usually do this though… It’s nothing new.

“Ok… that was pretty good,” Josh said after a few seconds of me boasting about the band’s amazing music.

“See, Lil’ Wayne isn’t the only thing music has to offer,” I butted in.

“Lil’ Wayne?” Kirstie shot at him, making me laugh.

“Lil’ Wayne all day, everyday,” he said in such a cocky way that I had no clue could come out of him.

“The Beatles all day, everyday,” Kirstie challenged him.

“The Beatles suck,” he shot off.

“Josh, you shouldn’t have said,” I groaned.

“Why?” he asked with his forehead wrinkled up while looking my way.

But before I could say anything else, Kirstie took off in a dead sprint after him. I thought about butting in, but… Kirstie is unpredictable in this state. Josh has to fend for himself.

She ended up tackling to the ground and punching his side softly. It really just made him chuckle. I shook my head as the two wrestled on the floor. Crazy kids. I turned and told Jimmy I was off to find Todd since he was being a little pouter.I wanted to stay with Jimmy, but… I should probably be with my boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Kylee

comment?