Must Be Dreamin'

Don't Ever Do That To Me

I didn’t want to leave Kirstie, but she insisted that she’d be fine. Before Jimmy and I left her at her house, I made sure to give her a big hug and let her know that I’d be here for her. She sent a weak smile once we parted, making me feel a little better about leaving.

When we were in Jimmy’s truck, I let out a huge sigh. I had been holding that in all day. Jimmy shot me a sympatric look before reaching over for my hand. I countered by giving him a weak smile.

“It’ll be ok, babe,” he said softly while bringing his hand up to leave a soft kiss on it.

“I… don’t know if it will be,” I pushed out, voicing how I was really feeling.

“What makes you think that?” he asked, knowing it was best for me to talk it out.This man knows me too well.

“It’s just… that’s a huge thing to get over. The whole trust thing that they took so long to build is now… broken,” I told him.

“But if they love each other, they’ll get over it. It may take some time, but they’ll work it out,” he softly spoke, running his thumb across my hand this time.

“I hope so,” I said quietly as I looked out the window for the rest of the ride to Jimmy’s house.

When we got there, he led me up to his room. He told me to go get changed for bed. I found this a little strange. He seemed eager to get me out of the room. I eyed him oddly, but he just smiled innocently and tossed one of his jerseys at me. I tried so hard not to smile as I went into the bathroom, but… I did.

Once I came back out, he was lying on his bed, looking all chilled out and just flat out adorable. I smiled and crawled up next to him. But once I relaxed against his chest, I had to roll my eyes. Scarface was playing on the TV; Jimmy’s favorite movie… not mine.

“Couldn’t you pick something a little more… female friendly?” I asked, making a smile come over his face.

“What would you rather watch?” he countered.

I had to think for a minute. I had to choose wisely. If he hated it, it would be a no and I’d be stuck watching Scarface all night. Granted, I was with Jimmy, but… I rather cuddle with him and watch a movie I liked; a win win for me.

“What about… Get Him to the Greek? Huh huh?” I asked, loving the smile he was giving me right now.

“If it makes you happy,” he sighed while pushing himself up to change the movie.

I smiled and opened my arms for him as he came back over. He got lots of kisses before the movie got started… even when the movie started too. I couldn’t tell you what the whole idea behind the movie was. I had my Fitzy and I was so happy. But after a while, I kept thinking about Kirstie.

She doesn’t have her boy to make her happy now. She’s probably lying in her bed with the blankets held tightly against her, wishing he was there and that none of this happened at all. Urg, I worry myself too much!

“What’s wrong?” Jimmy asked after I let out a heavy sigh.

“It’s just… Kirstie,” I pushed out.

“She’ll be fine,” he tried to sooth me.

“I… feel bad for her though. I’m here, lying with you as happy as I could be and she’s… miserable,” I countered.

“You are the cutest thing,” he smiled before leaving multiple kisses on my cheek, making me giggle with each and every one.

“Stop it,” I said through my laughter.

He stopped to send me a smile before nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck. I smiled and kissed the top of his head and then ran my fingers through his thick hair.

“Don’t ever do that to me, baby,” he said after a few seconds of silence.

“Do what?” I asked, confused as to what he was referring to.

“Cheat on me. If you’re not happy, just tell me. It would be better than ending it like Josh and Kirstie did,” he explained while keeping his eyes away from mine.

“I won’t, sweetheart. I promise,” I said softly with my lips pressed against his forehead.

“I love you,” he replied while holding me tighter, allowing his eyes to close now.

“I love you too, Jimmy,” I smiled from how adorable he was.

I slept decently that night. It helped that Jimmy was there. But Kirstie was still on my mind. I kept my phone beside me all night, thinking she would call and need me, but she didn’t. I guess that’s a good thing. I just want all of this to blow over so everyone can be happy once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Ky

comment?