Must Be Dreamin'

Tanner Foust and Ken Block

I hate waking up after a full night of crying. My eyes ached so badly when I opened them. The curtains were opened too. Someone was in here. It made me shoot up and look around. I found the perpetrator… and I was creeped out!

“You creeper, Josh!” I shouted at him while covering my head with my blanket.

“How am I a creeper?” he asked with a laugh in his voice.

“You were watching me! Who knows what was going through your greasy mind!” I shot back, making him chuckle.

“I’m not greasy… and I’m not a creeper!” he groaned.

I just rolled my eyes even though he couldn’t see it. I eventually pulled the blankets away and caught sight of him. I sighed and relaxed back into my bed as the events of what happened last night came flooding back to me. It made my head hurt just to think about it…and my heart ache.

“Where’s Kirstie? I’m sure she’d be upset with you in some other chick’s room,” I mumbled while getting up to go into my closet to grab one of Jimmy’s hoodies.

“She went to talk to… Jimmy,” he said softly once he spoke his name.

Just hearing that name brought tears to my eyes. But I did everything I could to hold them in. I went out and plopped back down on my bed, bringing my knees to my chest and holding them tightly against me.

“I know you probably don’t want to talk about it, but… you know Kirstie and I went through the same thing a while ago… I know how you feel right now. You can talk to me,” he said with a little care in his voice.

I let out a big sigh and let a few tears fall. I hated this. I screwed up big time and… I don’t know if I can fix it. Once my body started shacking from how much I was crying, Josh came over and hooked an arm around me. Like any other person would, I leaned into him, but… everything was wrong.

Jimmy has those big beefy arms that aren’t covered in tattoos. His whole body structure is bigger than Josh. Holding back onto him was so weird. Even looking at him didn’t help me at all. Jimmy has those gorgeous blue eyes and Josh has those… brown ones. Their facial structures are completely different…I like Jimmy’s face!... not Josh’s.

“I love him, Josh… I love him a lot,” I pushed out once my tears started to slow.

“I know you do,” he replied while rubbing the upper half of my arm.

“I don’t think he does though,” I wheezed out. “I hurt him so badly.”

“You know, it’s weird. We always hurt the people that we love and care about the most,” he said in a matter of fact way.

“That doesn’t make me feel any better,” I mumbled, making him chuckle.

“I’m trying here!” he said with a little laugh still left in his voice.

“Bring Jimmy back. Now that’s really trying,” I muttered.

“I wish I could for you, Kylee, but… I think Kirstie’s working on that. But right now, I’m here to make you feel better. What do you want to do?” he asked, trying to get this excited buzz going.

“I just want to lie in bed,” I pouted.

“Aw, come on… lets….” He started while his eyes scanned my room. “Play xbox!” he said… even adding a fist pump… Wow Josh.

“Let’s not,” I groaned.

“Come on… You got Dirt 2? Kirstie said you liked that game… she hates it,” he chuckled, making me roll my eyes. Believe me… that girl and I never agree on anything!

“Well, Kirstie can stick to her Rock Band and Reflex… I like Dirt 2,” I said while crossing my arms and he got everything sat up.

He just smiled and handed me a controller before sitting next to me on my bed. I got a race sat up in only a few seconds. I knew exactly what I wanted. I was Tanner Foust and Josh chose Ken Block… Woooowww, Josh!

“You’re going down,” I shot off at him.

“Whatever. Ken Block’s the man,” he shot back as the light was counting down.

“Well, Tanner’s sexy,” was my genius response.

“He’s like more than ten years older than you,” he said with a hint of a laugh in his voice.

“So… it’s legal,” I muttered, making both of us laugh… and miss the start of the race.

We did this like five times, each with us arguing about something different. It made me laugh though; something that I haven’t been able to do since Jimmy walked in the other night. It actually made me forget about him for the three hours that we were playing. Yes, we played for three hours… and I kicked his butt!I think he let me win, but… I enjoyed the time we spent together anyway.

“Thanks for staying around to try and cheer me up, Josh,” I smiled while I walked him to the door.

“No problem. Your Kirstie’s best friend so we’re like… best friends in this… weird… indirect way,” he said while talking with his hands… a lot.

“Ummm, whatever you say,” I said with a laugh threatening to leave my throat.

“If you need anything else, just call. I’ll be glad to let you… kick my butt in Dirt 2,” he sighed like it hurt him to say that. I just rolled my eyes.

“Alright. I’ll hold you to that,” I said, pointing at him as he walked to his truck. “See ya, Joshie,” I teased, making him roll his eyes this time.

“Bye, Ky,” he said before shutting the door and starting up the tuck.

I watched him back out of the drive before I went back inside. A sigh came out of me as silence filled the room. I may still be upset that Jimmy’s not here, but… I wasn’t going to cry, but… I still wish he were here.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D had to have a little Tanner reference :) haha

Ky

comment? PLEASE :D