Must Be Dreamin'

It Makes Me Question

The next morning when I woke up at Ky’s parents house Josh was gently stroking my hair and gazing down at me. I couldn’t help but smile at that adorable sight that greeted me with a kiss.

“You’re so cute when you sleep,” Josh cooed. “Well you’re cute all the time but….”

“I love you,” I sighed while pulling our lips together. “Is Ky awake?”

“Um, no, I don’t think so,” he told me.

“Well I’m going to get out of here and go talk to Jimmy,” I told him while getting up from the couch.

“I have to have a kiss before you leave,” Josh whined, tugging on my hand.

“Of course,” I smiled before connecting our lips.

“I’ll talk to Kylee while you’re gone too,” Josh said right before I walked out of the door.

“Be sweet for her…oh wait you already are,” I smirked but it turned into a smile before I closed the door.

I first went home to change my clothes and all that stuff then went on over to Jimmy’s house. I slowly walked up to the door and saw his car was in the driveway, I just hope he’s awake.

”Leave,” An unhappy voice grumbled from the other side of the door.

“Jimmy, it’s me, Kirstie. Please let me come in,” I pleaded.

“No,” he plainly stated.

“Jimmy,” I groaned. “You know I’m going to eventually get in anyway so just let me in now.”

A few moments later the door slowly made it’s way open to reveal a very sad and upset Jimmy. The second I walked in I had him in a big hug. It took him a while but his arms eventually came around me as well. After a long period of us hugging I heard a small whimper then felt some liquid on my shoulder. aww, he’s crying. Poor guy.

“It’s okay Jimmy,” I whispered, trying to soothe him.

He let go of me and plopped on the couch. I sat down next to him but turned myself so I could face him.

“Do you want to talk?” I softly asked.

“Not really,” he sarcastically chuckled.

“Jimmy don’t do this to me,” I sighed.

“Do what?” he shot back.

“Try to hide all your feelings and put up a wall,” I countered.

“I’m not,” he threw at me.

“Yes you are,” I replied. “Jimmy, trust me. I know. I know exactly what you’re feeling, I just went through all of this. You don’t want to talk to anyone and are afraid to show your feelings because you’re afraid you’re going to have them hurt again so you just push everyone out.”

He let out a long, heavy sigh and running his hand through his hair before saying, “You’re right Kirstie.”

“Jimmy talk to me,” I prodded.

“I don’t know where to start or what to tell you.” he said in a voice above a whisper.

“Tell me anything, anything you’re feeling.”

“I’m just….hurt. I’m not even sure if angry is the right word, I’m just really really hurt. I thought we had a good relationship. I had such a good feeling about Kylee and I, we helped each other through Jeremy’s death and we were just so close.”

“I know you were,” I empathized with him.

“I really loved her and I still do I just don’t know if I can ever feel the same way about her again. I didn’t think she’d do that,” He said. This was exactly the same words coming out of my mouth not that long ago.

“Yeah,” was all my brain could come up with.

“It makes me question myself too, ya’ know like, was I good to her or was I not there enough for her or something?” Jimmy told me.

“I know exactly what you mean Jimmy. I’ve been there, I know how hard that is,” I stated. “I’m going to try to say this to you as a friend, as your friend not Kylee’s…I love you two together but….I don’t know all the answers but the thing I do know is that you have to look inside yourself and question how much you love her and if you are willing to get back together with her. That’s your choice,” I finished with.

All he did was nod his head. I pulled him in for one more hug before getting up to leave.

“Kirstie?” He called after me right before I was going to get into my car. I looked at the door where he was standing. “Thanks,” was his simple response.

“You’re welcome Jimmy. I know I’m Ky’s best friend but I’m your too,” I smiled. “If I can do anything for you just call me.”

He gave me a weak smile before closing the door and I got into my car to go back to Josh and Kylee. I hope this all works out. Kylee needs Jimmy, I know that for sure. Jimmy is her rock and she loves him. But now seeing Jimmy….he needs her just as much. I just hope they both realize it.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm, i wonder what's gonna happen????
comments?

Kirstie and Jimmy