Must Be Dreamin'

No Where Else I’d Rather Be

”KYLEE!” I yelled as she came running into the room.

“What? What’s wrong?” She asked.

”I CAN’T FIND JOSH’S RING!” I shouted as I ran a hand through my hair.

Today I am getting married. I’m excited and nervous all at the same time! In only a few short hours I’d be walking down the aisle to the man of my dreams. But right now…..is not so perfect….

“Kirstie,” Kylee rolled her eyes. “You mean this ring, that is hanging on a chain around your neck?”

“Oh ha ha yeah,” I laughed. “I knew I put it in a place I wouldn’t forget.”

“Well that worked out well for you!” She laughed along with me.

Soon I was being put into my dress and having my hair done along with all my bridesmaids. Soon we were all ready and Kylee informed me that all the guests were arriving so all we had to do now was wait….that was easier said than done. I think I wore a hole in the carpet with my pacing. But when my dad popped his head into the room and told me it was time to go, I was frozen.

I took a few deep breaths before I got my composure and got in the back of the line behind my bridesmaids. Kylee gave me an encouraging hug before I linked arms with my dad and got ready to go.

As the music started playing my dad led me down the aisle. I knew that everyone was looking at me but I was looking at only one person. He was standing at the end of the aisle waiting patiently for me. His hair was spiked up in its cute way while his bright white smile was shining brightly at me. He looked so good in his dark black tux and I saw a few tattoos peaking out on one arm, that just added to the JG-ness.

“Who gives this woman to this man?” The preacher asked, breaking me out of my reverie.

“Her mother and I do,” My dad replied before giving me a smile, then giving me over to Josh.

We laced our fingers together and gave each other a big smile. Josh gave my hand a reassuring squeeze before we turned to face the preacher. We preceded through the ceremony until we came to our vows.

“Joshua?” The preacher asked while looking at him.

Josh took a deep breath and swallowed before focusing his gaze and words on me.

“Kirstie,” He started a bit shaky but quickly recovered. “You are such a beautiful and unique person. I’ve enjoyed every moment that I’ve gotten to know you better because everything I get to know, I fall in love with. You are so different than anyone I’ve ever known and I mean that in the best way possible. Until I met you, I didn’t know this kind of love existed. I know that I could never feel it with anyone else and I know I would want to either. I’m so lucky not only to know you but to be marrying you. I love you more than you even know Kirstie. You are my everything.”

By the end of Josh’s heartfelt vow I had tears trickling down my cheeks. I even saw one fall from Josh’s eyes. I did my best to keep them in as it came to my turn now.

“Josh, you make my life so much brighter in so many ways. Nobody knows me the way that you do. You’ve shown me things about the world and about myself that I never knew existed. I always colored outside the lines, but you showed me how to color in everything else too. You are truly my best friend. It’s an honor to be able to pledge my life to you. Marriage isn’t a 50%, 50%, it’s 100% from both people everyday and with you I always want to give a hundred percent. I look forward to each new day that I get to spend with you. I love you so much Josh.”

By that time Josh’s single tear had increased to a few more. But his smile broke through. I wanted him to hold me in his arms right now but I knew that would come soon enough.

The rest of the ceremony I was almost in a trans that was fixed on Josh. I couldn’t stop myself from smiling at him and gazing into his eyes. A phrase that I had been waiting to hear eventually did break me out of it though….

“I now pronounce you Joshua Grant and Kirsten Callahan, Husband and Wife. You may now kiss your bride,” He finished.

Everyone clapped as Josh pulled me in for a beautiful, heartfelt kiss that I never wanted to end. Eventually we had to part to get some airI would have rather passed out though.

Josh picked me up in his arms and carried me laughing down the aisle. He set me down outside and we got in our limo and started sharing kisses as we were waiting for our bridesmaids and groomsmen to get in as well so we could get to the reception.

“No PDA!” Kylee teased as she slid in next to me.

“It’s not PDA!” I countered. “We’re not out in public!”

“Oh you’re so funny!” She sarcastically shot back but her smile broke through.

“I love you,” I sighed, falling into Josh’s embrace.

“I love you too Kirstie,” He replied while leaving a kiss on my head as we started driving.

Right here, in Josh’s arms felt like the best place in the world. There is no where else I’d rather be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw this is my last chapter. i think ky has one more though, and there's a sequel so don't worry lol

Kirstie Grant