Must Be Dreamin'

I Hate Surprises

I had been home for about three days now. I hadn’t seen much of anyone. Jimmy’s called to make sure I was doing ok with staying atJeremy and I’s mine and Lauren’s house. I was working on moving out though. I can’t be here with him gone.

But today, Lauren was determined to get me out of the house… and she did. She took me straight to Jimmy’s house where all the guys were. It was weird to see all of them geared up and mounted on their bikes again. I hadn’t seen this since before Jeremy’s passing. But it had the power to make me smile.

Todd was the first one that came up to me. We may have broken up, but we’re still good friends. He gave me a big hug before asking how I was. I thought it was sweet. But I wasn’t really here to see him. The person I came to see was sitting on a black Honda, talking to someone. I crept over and hooked my arms around him tightly from behind. He jumped just a little, but once he looked down he smiled, making those blue eyes sparkle.

“Hey,” he happily spoke.

“Hi,” I cheekily grinned, making him chuckle.

He brought his arms around me and pulled me up onto his bike in front of him, but so that I was facing him. I smiled and kept my arms tightly around him. I missed him these past few days.

“Aw,” Lauren cooed as she stepped next to us. “Aren’t you glad you came now?” she smiled brightly.

“I guess,” I sighed teasingly while resting my head on Jimmy’s chest, inhaling his scent…it’s so intoxicating!

The three of us went on to converse some more. I was just happy beingin Jimmy’s arms around everyone. But as the timed passed, a loud ringtone erupted from someone’s pocket… the only guy that wasn’t geared up… the only guy that listens to Lil’ Wayne all day everyday.

I let him have his little conversation. I was just waiting though. Like I said before, I love teasing this kid. I don’t know if it’s because he’s the new kid on the Mulisha or what. He’s just fun to pick on.

“Where ya going, Joshie?” I asked once he started to walk off.

“Kirstie wanted me at the studio,” he shouted over his shoulder.

“What? Why you?” I shouted back, making him turn around and shoot me a look.

“Shut up, Kylee,” she said, making everyone around chuckle for his lousy comeback.

“Oooo, Josh and Kirstie,” Jimmy added once Josh started walking to his truck again.

He didn’t say anything to this. He just kept walking. I wanted to shout more at him, but I like my voice how it is. A few of the guys asked who Kirstie was. I had to explain it to them. What idiots. I swear they live under rocks.

“I don’t want you to move, but I have to ride,” Jimmy softly said while rubbing my back gently.

“Be careful… please,” I tried so hard not to plead, but… it came out that way.

“I will… I promise,” he said gently, adding a soft kiss on top of my head.

That simple action made my cheeks flush with the bright shade red. I couldn’t see it, but I could feel it. He smiled at me as I climbed off of his bike. Once I stood by Lauren, Jimmy slid his helmet on and brought his bike to life. The other guys quickly followed. Before he zoomed off, he brought his blue eyes that were shielded by his goggles up to me. He squeezed the throttle a few times, winking at me as he did so.He’s so cute.

But as all the guys started doing their tricks, I got nervous. I couldn’t watch… especially when Jimmy started going upside down. Lauren caught on to me and led me away from the course. We ended up planting ourselves under a tree where we couldn’t see them, but we could still hear them.

I hated that I still wasn’t ok with this. I wanted to be. I wanted to watchJimmy the guys ride again. But… I couldn’t. Lauren tried talking to me. It helped some, but… I’m still frustrated with myself.

They didn’t ride long though. Thank God! I stayed planted where I was though. Lauren left for something. I told her I’d bum a ride from Jimmy. She sent me a knowing smile that made me roll my eyes.

But Jimmy came over with his jersey untucked. I don’t know why, but I found this so cute. It made me smile at him as he walked over and sat down next to me. Before he could say anything, my phone went off.But it still gave him time to hook an arm around me.

It was a text from Kirstie. She wanted me to come to her next show. I didn’t think anything of it, but once she replied again, she said she had a surprise for me. I poked around to try and get out of her what it was, but she never caved. Darn it!

“It’s not fair,” I pouted as I rested my head on Jimmy’s shoulder.

“I’m sure you’ll like it,” he grinned back.

“I hate surprises,” I mumbled, making him chuckle.

“You like them. Don’t even try and lie.”

I just stuck my tongue out at him.The only surprises I like are from him. But I love all of Kirstie’s band’s shows. I’m sure this one will be nothing short of amazing… and Jimmy’s coming with me. What else could be better?
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Ky

comment?