I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

Blame Everyone But Me For This Mess

"A shirt covered in the man's blood was discovered in room 113, which a man by the name of Spencer Smith had-"

"Ryan Ross and Brendon Urie are said to be in partnership with a Sp-"

"The body of a man was found in-"

"Ryan Ross and Brendon-"


"It's on every fucking radio station." I said finally just switching the thing off. 

"Why do they always say your name first?" Brendon complained. "I have yet to hear a 'Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross' radio broadcast. I'm just as dangerous as you." he finished crossing his arms. 

I chucked and kissed his cheek. 

"I think you're just in a bad mood because you didn't get your beauty sleep." I mumbled. 

"How the hell did they find that guy? We hid him in a hole, in a wall, behind a dumpster for fucks sake! It's not like anyone saw us..." he grumbled. 

"I don't know. Maybe the hole belonged to a hobo or something." I said. 

He sighed. 

"Why don't you try and get some sleep?" I offered. 

"I can't sleep now. I'm wide awake." he grumbled. I chuckled and grabbed his hand. Spencer had not yet reacted to the fact that he was now wanted by the law, and it's all our fault. He can't be happy about it though. 

"So where exactly are we going?" Brendon asked. 

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "One of the first places they'll check will be Spencers. Even if it is in New York, we have to find somewhere else to go. 

"It's actually a place I share with my sister." Spencer mumbled. "It's under her name. They won't look for us there. And she's in California anyway." 

"Works for me." Brendon said. "And besides, if we stay there, it'll give us time to get new disguises and info and stuff, that way we can go back to our old routine." 

All of a sudden, Spencer pulled over on the side of the deserted road, fairly violently, then banged his head on the steering wheel. 

"Spence?" I questioned. 

"How could this fucking happen?" he mumbled. He then snapped his head up and glared at us through the rear view mirror. "Just a few fucking days ago I was a normal guy, shopping at the local store. Now I'm fucking wanted by the law!" he exclaimed. "I never wanted this! I was dragged into it by you two. I was just trying to be a good friend to Brendon by not turning him in, and ended up being and accessory to murder! I can never go back home, and it's all your guys' fault!" he began freaking out. 

There was a long silent pause while Brendon and I looked at each other. 

Brendon sighed and looked down. 

"I'm sorry Spencer." he mumbled. "I guess I never realized how much you'd be affected by this." 

"We're both sorry." I said. "I guess if we had hid the body better, or whatever we did wrong, we wouldn't be in this mess." I mumbled.

 "I told you guys not to pull any funny business." he mumbled almost inaudibly. He then yawned. 

I looked at Bren, and he looked upset-- guilty-- for putting his life long friend through this mess. 

"Spencer," I started. "You look tired. Why don't you come back here and sleep. Brendon and I can dive tonight." I offered. 

He sighed. "Okay. I could use the sleep." he said. 

~*~

I had been driving for a couple hours, when I turned to Brendon. "Is he asleep?" I whispered. Brendon turned around to peek at him, but a snore answered my question. 

"Yup." Brendon said. 

"I have an idea." I started. He looked at me. "To help Spencer." I added. 

"Really now?" he asked. "So you actually care about someone other then yourself?" he questioned. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"I care about people you know. Just not certain ones. And I care about you. I care about you a lot." I added, ignoring the blush creeping up on my face. 

He smiled. "I care about you too." he then leaned over to kiss my cheek. 

"I love you." I blurted out. My eyes widened when I realized what I did. I wasn't expecting it to come out of my mouth. I don't think I've ever used those words in my life ever. I've never had reason to. I wasn't even really thinking them directly. My subconscious must know things I don't. 

I looked over to see that he looked surprised. Shit I hope I didn't just fuck everything up. 

"I, um-" 

"I love you too, Ryan Ross." he interrupted me with a smirk. 

"Really?" I asked. 

He then leaned over and gave me a sweet kiss on the lips, causing me to veer into the other (fortunately empty) lane. 

"So what's this idea of yours?" he asked, grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers. 

"I figured we could 'prove Spencer innocent.'" I said using air quotes. 

He raised and eyebrow. "Really? And how do you propose we do that?" he questioned. 

"Well," I started. "I figure we can make it look like we kidnapped Spencer, and used his card to purchase the room. Then Spencer 'got away' and ran to the cops. We might have to beat him up a little bit. But anyway, he goes in and tells this overly dramatic story of how cruel we were and how we made him buy us a hotel room." I finished. 

"Hmmmm. You're quite the genius Mr. Ross. There is one problem though." he added. 

"And what is that?" I asked. 

"It's obvious they're going to bring this kind of thing to court. And someone is bound to bring up the fact that Spencer and I have been best friends since we were little. Just that fact alone might prove it's a set up." he added. 

"Not if that's the reason why we kidnapped him instead of killing him. Brendon Urie didn't want to murder his best friend, so he held him hostage so that he wouldn't run to the cops. Unfortunately, he got away and did anyway." I added with a smirk on my face. 

"You may have something here." Brendon said. "Now we just have to see if Spencer will go through with it. He is a little bit of a chicken."

I laughed. "Well if he doesn't, we'll have to convince him that we really will kill him so he will run away and go through with it." 

"No, Spencer knows me to well. He knows I'd never go through with it." he said rolling his eyes. 

I laughed. "But he doesn't know me." I added. 

"But he knows I'd never let you." he said pointing a finger at me. 
 
I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I said. "When do you want to wake Spencer? We'll probably be getting into New York in a few hours." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Errrr.... Yeah, I have nothing to say.
Oh wait.
WHO ELSE CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO THE BALLAD OF MONA LISA?!