I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

And I'm Starting To Scare Myself

I woke up still wrapped in Ryan's arms, barely able to move. Not that I really wanted to, but, you know, breathing and all that.

I wiggled an arm free, poking Ryan in the forehead.

"Mm, what," he mumbled sleepily. I grinned.

"Can you either wake up or let me go?" I asked. He was quiet for a minute, eyes still closed, before he answered.

"I think...no."

I rolled my eyes, trying to loosen his grip.

"Come on, Ryan, not fair, just laying here is so boring," I whined. He sighed, letting me go and sitting up.

"I let you sleep," he pointed out. "You, Brendon, are the one who isn't fair."

I beamed at him, standing up.

"Sorry?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he laughed, rolling his eyes. I yawned.

"I'm gonna go creep on Spencer," I announced. He narrowed his eyes.

"And so what was the point of waking me up?"

I grinned.

"Um. Well, if I could have gotten free without waking you up, I would have. But, I couldn't, so," I sighed dramatically. "I guess you can come creep on Spencer with me if you want."

Ryan stood up, stretching a little bit before shrugging.

"I guess, since I'm already awake," he chuckled. I smiled, grabbing his hand and leading him out of the room, down the hall until we were outside Spencer's. His door was closed, but I could hear that he was talking to someone.

"If he's sleeping, we could, like, stand over him with knives, and he won't know whether to be afraid or to shrug us off," Ryan laughed, half-yawning. I shook my head.

"No, I hear him talking, he's awake," I said, knocking lightly on the door. Spencer opened it a few minutes later, phone next to his ear, and signaled for us to be quiet.

"No, Jon. I just...I need some time alone, okay?" he paused, rolling his eyes. "Well no, I don't think they're gong to be able to find me here, and I don't think he'd have the guts to kill me anyway, but...I'll tell you if I can hang out or something. Okay?"

He mumbled some sort of goodbye and hung up the phone, looking over at Ryan and I.

"What do you guys need?"

"Was that the guy from last night?" Ryan asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What's going on?"

Spencer shrugged.

"That was my friend Jon. I was talking to him last night when Ryan came downstairs," Spencer explained. "He keeps asking to come over and hang out, because he's in the area and we haven't seen each other in a while, but I have to politely decline. Thanks for that," he laughed. I frowned.

"You...we can hide or something, if you want, and you can...." I sighed. "I don't want you to like, not have any friends because we're here, or anything. It's not really fair."

Ryan opened his mouth to say something, but Spencer spoke first.

"No, it's okay. If I wanted to hang out with him that bad, I'd ask him if we could go somewhere else."

Ryan nodded.

"Exactly. It would be way too dangerous to have him here while we're in the house anyway, Brendon," he said matter-of-factly. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not really. Remember that time we had to hide in the closet, at Spencer's other house?" I asked. Ryan's face reddened slightly.

"Uh, yeah, but that was still...still dangerous," he muttered, and I laughed.

"It's not like he'll come looking for us or anything," I argued. Ryan shook his head.

"I said no. I don't want him here." He looked to Spencer. "I hate to have to say this, but if he ends up being here while we're in the house and I find out, or he somehow manages to find out that we're here, I'm going to have to kill him." Ryan sighed. "I'm going back to bed. Okay?"

He didn't wait for an answer, he just walked back down the hallway and into our room. I heard the door close behind him.

"What the fuck?" I asked. "No, fuck that, bring him over. It's not that big of a risk. Want me to talk to him?"

Spencer sighed loudly.

"It's okay, Brendon. I don't mind. Seriously. It isn't-"

"No, no, tell him to come over. Ryan won't kill him. I have a feeling we won't be killing anyone for a little bit. Incognito, and all that. Throwing the police off our trail," I laughed. "I'll go talk to Ryan."

Spencer shrugged.

"If you really want to. I really don't mind too much," he repeated. I smiled.

"I do. I'll be back."

I left Spencer's room and slowly opened the door to the room Ryan was in, and found him laying on the bed. He looked over when I walked in.

I closed the door behind myself and frowned.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" I asked. Ryan shrugged.

"I'm doing it for you, you know. I don't want us to get caught. I don't want to take any chances," he said simply. I sighed.

"I thought I taught you that you don't have to be so cautious about everything," I replied. "Jon is friends with Spencer. So are we. If we trust Spencer, and Spencer trusts Jon, that why shouldn't he be able to actually have a friend other than us?"

Ryan arched an eyebrow.

"He won't be okay with just two friends?" he asked. "I only have you and him, and I'm fine."

"That's different and you know it," I groaned, sitting down next to him on the bed. "If you were stuck with only two friends who could kill you any time they wanted, who constantly made crude jokes about them having sex, and whom you caught on more than one occasion making out on your things, wouldn't you want another friend?"

Ryan laughed a little.

"No, I'd be fine."

"Well that's because you enjoy solitude," I huffed, crossing my arms. "The point is, Spencer's allowed to have a friend, Ryan. Do you expect him to just never talk to anyone again, just because he has us as friends? It's stupid. You know what? I say if Spencer trusts him enough, then whatever, he can just tell this Jon guy that we're here, that way we won't have to hide."

Ryan's eyes widened.

"Fuck no! Are you crazy? We already told Spencer, that was enough! Now you want to tell a stranger? That's fucking insane!"

"No it isn't!" I argued. "If he's really Spencer's friend, then he won't give us away! We're pretty much safe now, Ryan, as long as we don't go along killing people! And it isn't like we're just mass murderers, like, we go around killing anything that moves! We do it for a reason, I'm sure he'll understand. Spencer doesn't make friends with the type of people that wouldn't."

"You haven't seen Spencer since you were little, he could have changed the way he picks his friends," Ryan muttered. "I mean, after befriending a murderer? I'd change the kind of people I was friends with, too."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. Ryan shrugged.

"Nothing, I guess. But no. Spencer isn't telling Jon, and Jon is to stay far away from here." He closed his eyes and fell flat on his back. "And I meant what I said. I'll kill him if I have to. If it's what I have to do to keep us safe."

"You're fucking ridiculous!" I hissed, storming out of the room and slamming the door behind me. Spencer poked his head out of the doorway.

"Lover's spat?" he asked, half-smiling. I glared at him, and the smile vanished.

"Shut up, Spencer, it was over you and Jon," I growled.. "I'm going downstairs."
♠ ♠ ♠
AAAHHHHH I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG, I'VE BEEN SO GODDAMN BUSY!!!

And I'm also sorry if there are typos, or parts of this don't flow right...because I'm fucking rushed as hell right now and I can't read this over.

I promise it won't take this long for me to update NEXT time.

:/

Thanks for staying with us, though, guys.