I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

This Is How We Like To Do It In The *** Scene

"Where are we going?" I asked when Brendon pulled into a random-ass town. 

"We're going to a costume store." he said. "We need new disguises. Especially after that last encounter. That was a close call." he explained. 

"Okay, fine. But no girl disguises this time. I don't care how convincing they are." I told him. 

"Aww, but you looked so good in the girl costume!" he whined. 

"Brendon, you're testing my patience." I said. 

"Come on, just one wig? You don't even have to wear a dress." 

"Why are you so set on me cross dressing?" I asked with a smirk on my face. It was a little strange. Not that we were ever normal… "You know, it's really hard to take you seriously when you're wearing lipstick." I said. Oh well. At least I didn't have to be the woman this time. 

"You think it's any easier for me? That mustache is hideous."

"You're the one that bought it." I reminded him. 

"Yeah, well, we're here. You can pick out your own disguise then." he said. 

"Right. Brendon?" I started. 

"Yes?" 

"Please remember not to talk. We don't need another close encounter." I told him. 

He turned to me and pretended to lock his lips and throw away the key, like the dork that he is.

~*~

Brendon's POV 

"I gotta pee." I whispered to Ryan, handing him the things I was holding. 

He sighed. "Alright. But hurry. We need to get out of here soon." he said. I was already walking towards the Mens room. 

I walked in, not realizing my mistake. 

There was a man standing by the sink washing his hands. He looked up and did a double take. 

"Um, miss? I think your in the wrong room." he said, eyes wide. 

I looked at him like he was crazy. "Well I think-" I slapped my hand over my mouth when I realized I was still dressed like a woman, in the Mens room, and not disguising my voice. 

The boys eyes widened. "Oh, um, I'm so sor-" he paused and took a closer look. 

His eyes widened even more. 

"Brendon? Brendon Urie?" he asked in shock. 

"God damn it." I cursed. I'm such an idiot. Now I'm going to have to kill him. And I don't even have Ryan to help me. He has the big knife. All I have is this stupid pocket knife. I pulled it out anyway. 

I yanked the wig off and locked the door. 

"You know kid, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You realize that right?" I said taking a few steps forward. 

He didn't back up in fear like I had expected. 

Instead he raised his eyebrows. "You mean you don't recognize me?" he asked. 

"What the f-" I cut myself off when I realized who was standing in front of me. "Spencer?" I asked. 

He nodded. I didn't recognize him with the beard. 

I didn't know what to say. 

"Still going to kill me?" he asked after a long silent pause. 

I didn't answer. He was my best friend when I was little. In fact, he was my best friend right up until the day I was arrested. I haven't seen him in years, so this sudden encounter was a shock. I was just barely registering what was going on. Everything seemed so sudden. And he was acting so calm. 

"You know I would never turn you in right?" he said after I didn't answer. 

"I don't know that." I mumbled. 

"Brendon, I would never do that to you." he continued. 

"I haven't seen you in three fucking years. How would I know that? I can't take any chances." I nearly growled, wiping off the lipstick. He probably wasn't able to take me seriously in it. 

"So you're going to kill your childhood best friend?" he asked. 

"Spencer…" 

"I've been there for your entire life. Even when you were arrested. Even when the rest of your family gave up on you. I didn't. I came and visited you in jail. I was loyal to you. But then you started refusing to see me, or even return my letters. I don't know why, and it doesn't really matter. But don't kill me. I don't deserve it." he finished. 

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. 

"Brendon, put the knife down please." he asked. 

I sighed and shoved it in my pocket. 

He smiled. "Thanks." 

"I can't let you go." I said. 

"What?" he asked, obviously confused. 

"I spared your life, but I can't just let you go. Like I said before, I can't take any chances."

He sighed and looked down. "Fair enough I suppose." he mumbled. 

~*~

Ryan's POV

I stood in an isle checking out some vests and ties when I caught a glimpse of Brendon out of the corner of my eye. My eyes widened when I saw he was dragging some guy along by the shirt. 

What the hell? 

And where is his wig? Is he insane? Someone is going to recognize him. 

I dropped the stuff and chased him out the door. 

I chased him all the way to the car, where he opened the door, shoved the guy in the backseat, and got in the drivers seat. 

"Ryan, get in. Hurry." he said. 

I climbed into the passenger seat, and just as I closed the door, he took off.

"Brendon, what the fuck is going on? What happened? Who the hell is this guy?"

"I'm Spencer." he said. I ignored him. 

Brendon remained silent. 

"Brendon!" I exclaimed. 

"It's a long story." he said. 

~*~

"Brendon, are you fucking insane!" I exclaimed waving my arms in the air. After he explained the story, I had made him pull over on the side of the road so I could get out and yell at him. I had also managed to lock "Spencer" in the trunk so he wouldn't escape. 

"Ryan, no I'm not. Listen-" 

"No Brendon, you listen. What happens if he escapes huh? What happens if he runs to the cops? What if he turns us in?! Then what Brendon? All because you were to weak to kill someone who used to be your friend?! Brendon, we have to-"

"SHUT UP!" he yelled in my face. I stopped talking just because, he'd never spoken like that to me before. Ever. He looked angry. Frustrated. He pinched the bridge of his nose. 

"Look Ryan, he's not going to turn us in. I've known him since I was a little kid, and that's not something he would do. I had my doubts at first too. But I trust him. And you should trust me. You trust me right?" He looked at me with pleading eyes. All my anger, frustration, and worry melted. I sighed and looked down. 

"You trust me right?" he repeated. I looked up at him, defeated. 

"Yeah. I do." I admitted. "But if he-"

"He won't." he interrupted. "Can we let him out of the trunk now please?"

~*~

"Shit." Brendon randomly blurted out after a couple minutes of silence.  

I gave him an expectant look, waiting for an explanation. 

"Our reservation for out next hotel is under our fake names." he said. 

"So?" I asked, not really seeing the big deal, or the point really. 

"So? The last hotel we stayed at was under the same name." he clarified. Things then clicked into place. 

"Shit." I said. "Once they find the body, they're going to search the place. They're going to search for the people who stayed in that room." 

"They're going to follow us." he said. 

"So where are we going to stay then? That was the only place with vacancy within this vicinity. And I don't feel like driving millions of miles to the next town. I'm fucking tired." I said. 

"We could stay at my place. It's not far from here." Spencer said. 

There was a pause, while I thought about how to explain that, that was a terrible idea. 

"Well, we don't seem to have any other choices." Brendon said.

"What?" I said. 

I leaned over to whisper-yell at Brendon. "Are you crazy? We can't stay at his house! What if he calls the cops? What if he runs away? Huh? What then?" 

"I'm not going to run away. It's my house. And I told you, I'm not going to turn you in! I'm on your side!" Spencer defended himself. 

 "Ryan, you're being paranoid." Brendon said.

"You're being careless!" I said. "How am I supposed to trust someone I don't know with my life?" I stated. 

"You may not know him, but I do. And you're supposed to trust me remember? Please trust me on this Ryan." he said giving me that same pleading look. Only this time his eyes held a hint of frustration. 

"But…" I trailed off. I sighed. "Fine. But if you fucking call the cops, and I get put on death row, I will come back and haunt your ass and kill you in your sleep." I threatened Spencer. I was serious. This was me taking a big risk. I had always been careful. I'd always had a plan. But now my life has fallen into the care of a guy who may or may not be on our side. 

I hope Brendon is right. 

I trust him. 

I kind of have to at this point. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I changed the background… again…
I think I have OCD when it comes to these things.
Anyway, comment/subscribe?
We love all of you that have so far. :3