I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

The Collision Of Your Kiss That Makes it Hurt

It seemed like an eternity had passed, and we were still stuck in the cramped closet.

Brendon was beginning to nod off, and I didn't want to be the only one awake. I was going to go crazy with boredom and impatience if I didn't have anyone to talk too.

"Brendon?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"Hmm?" he answered in a sleepy daze.

"Don't fall asleep on me." I ordered. "I might go crazy if you do."

"Well I'm sleepy. And you are oddly comfortable. Despite your boney-ness." he mumbled.

I pretended not to take offense to the statement. "How is that? I'm practically on top of you. And I don't care. I want someone to talk to."

"Awh. Is Ryro lonely?" he said sitting up slightly and stretching with a smirk on his face.

"Shut up. I'm just bored. We must have been in here for at least an hour." I said adjusting my position.

"I think it was more like twenty minutes actually." he corrected me.

I sighed. "Whatever." I said.

"Alright, alright. What do you want to talk about?" he asked with a yawn.

"I don't know. Think of something." I said.

"Okay Mister Bossy." he said before pausing to think. "Um… have you ever been in a serious relationship?"

I stopped to think. It was an odd question, considering how long we've been partners. I guess we never really stopped and talked about our past relationships. Which is weird considering how much time we spend together.

"Not really." I answered honestly. "I was never really well liked. Especially in high school. I had a girlfriend in seventh grade that didn't last much longer then two weeks. There were a couple of random hook-ups in high school, but other then that, I tended to stay away from people." I explained.

I think he nodded. But I wasn't sure. It was pitch black in our tiny space.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Um, I had a girlfriend when I was still living with my parents. We were together for a year, but I hated her. My parents forced me to stay with her. She was really annoying and clingy, and worst of all, she was female." he said. I smirked, and I could sense the amusement in his voice.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" I asked randomly.

"Not exactly. I may have had a couple random hook-ups though. But nothing serious." he answered. "What about you? Have you ever had a boyfriend?" he asked.

I almost laughed. "Brendon Urie, are you asking me if I'm gay?" I asked.

"Maybe…"

I laughed. "I've never really given it much thought actually. I suppose if Mister Right were to come along, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I don't see that happening any time soon though. Considering I don't trust anyone."

He laughed. "And I didn't even have to say it." he mumbled.

I exhaled and leaned back against him. He was comfortable. Things went silent, and I was afraid he'd fall asleep on me again.

"Do you ever feel alone?" I asked, breaking the silence.

He exhaled.

"No." he said.

"Really?" I asked. "I mean, always on the run. Never having a family or friends to go back too?"

"No I don't. I don't feel alone." he paused. "Because I have you."

I smiled. "I feel the same way." I said.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah. I know that if there is one person I can depend on and trust, it's you. And I'm sorry I didn't listen to you before. I was letting my paranoia get the best of me. I really do trust you. And I feel like I can be open with you. I've never been this open with anyone in my life." I informed him.

"Thanks." he said. "That means a lot. I pretty much feel the same. You, and now Spencer I guess, are the closest things I have to family, friends, anything. But I haven't seen Spencer in years. So I suppose you rank number one." I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

I didn't respond. Instead, I let silence fill the space again. It wasn't awkward. Just comfortable.

"Would you freak out if…" he trailed off.

"If what?" I asked.

"If I kissed you." he finished. I didn't answer. Instead I turned around so I was facing him.

I inched closer and slowly brought my hand up to his face. I pulled him closer slowly until I could feel his breath on my lips.

"I don't think I would." I whispered before closing the distance. I slowly moved my lips against his. He responded immediately, kissing back, and bringing his hand up to my face, then running his fingers through my hair. The kiss wasn't lustful. It was passionate and purely innocent. Which is ironic, considering nothing about us is innocent, until we come together emotionally. Physically, were dangerous and fucked up. But emotionally, something seems to click, and nothing else matters, leaving us innocent fools, caught up in each others lips.

I don't know why I decided to kiss him. It seemed like a good idea, and the right thing to do. That, and I just wanted to. I don't know why. Why did he want to kiss me? Why not add more drama to this little fucked up dance of ours?

I suppose the attraction is there. It always has been. There's no denying it. It seems that the only question now is, why didn't it happen sooner? We're the only people we have left in the world. It only makes sense.

Also, not to go into clichés here, but he is also extremely good looking, entertaining, and sweet and gracious. (Well to me at least. I'm sure our victims would say otherwise.)

The kiss grew more passionate and less innocent as his tongue traced along my bottom lip. I opened, allowing our tongues to fight for dominance.

My hands moved from his face to his sides, and slipped beneath his shirt. My fingers traced the planes of his chest down to his bellybutton.

He shivered and smiled into the kiss.

"Your hands are cold." he whispered into the kiss.

I smirked and didn't answer. Instead, I attacked his lips once more.

His hand slid down my sides, and began to make their way under my shirt when we were interrupted.

The door opened, and Spencer stood in the doorway looking shocked, and slightly embarrassed.

"I- um, sorry!" he said closing the door again. "I was just going to say, um, she's gone. You guys can come out now. If you want I mean." he said from the other side of the door.

I looked at Brendon through the dim light our eyes had adjusted to, and we both laughed.

"Nice timing." he mumbled.

I laughed and sat up, stretching and standing up. (which was a lot more difficult then it should have been.) I opened the closet door and waltzed out, sitting on the bed. I fell straight on my back and spread out my arms, feeling the relief of actual space.

I listened to Brendon get up from his place in the closet and walk over to the bed. He stopped, standing at the foot of the bed.

I propped myself up on my elbows and looked at him. He was holding his arm against his side, and looked like he was about to speak.

"Ryan?" he asked.

"Yes…?"

"What does this mean?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I feel like there is more to us the just partners in crime. Then just friends. Well there should be at least. You didn't just kiss me to spare my feelings did you?" he asked. I had to stop and think.

There was a long pause, and I could sense he was getting impatient.

"You're right. Partly at least. There is something between us, but there shouldn't be. It shouldn't be there." I mumbled.

He looked hurt by my statement. I sat up and avoided his eyes. His soft chocolate brown eyes. I didn't want to hurt him. Not in the slightest bit.

"Brendon, as much as I want to, it's just not a good idea. So far, our partnership has worked. It's worked so well we were able to break out of prison. We were able to run from the cops with few close encounters. I don't want to do anything to ruin it." I mumbled looking at the floor.

"But it won't ruin it." he mumbled.

"What happens if we break up? What happens if we loose eachother? Then what? Brendon, it just isn't a good idea."

"Then why did you kiss me?" his voice sounded hurt.

I sighed. "I don't know. I think I let my emotions get the best of me. I wasn't thinking."

He didn't respond.

"I'm sorry." I said.

He looked up at me, and he looked almost angry.

"Ryan, why can't you ever take a chance with anything?! You admitted that you were attracted to me. You know there's something between us. And I do to. Remember what I said about trust? You trust me! Why can't you be with me?"

I sighed. He had a point.

"Do you want to be with me?" he asked. "If we were two normal guys, hanging out at my friend Spencers house, would you kiss me right now without regret?"

The truth? Yes. Yes I would. I would kiss him and be with him forever. But things aren't like that.

"But things are different-"

"No they're not." he interrupted me. "There is no risk. You're being ridiculous." he said.

I sighed and looked down. Looks like I'm not winning this argument.

"You're right." I mumbled. I looked up at him and he looked surprised. Surprised that he actually won the argument.

"Really?" he asked.

I nodded.

"So…" he trailed off. I looked back up at him, thus time he had a goofy grin slapped across his face. "Does that mean you'll be my boyfriend?"

I laughed. "Boyfriend? How juvenile."

"Well, what would you have called it?" he asked.

I laughed again and shook my head.

He sat down next to me and grabbed my hand.

"You won't regret this, I promise." he spoke softly.

I turned my head to look at him, and he caught my lips with his own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear Megan,
Your chapters do not suck, if you continue to say they do, i will kill you, cut you up into a million pieces and hide them in the walls of your house.

Love, Mykaela.

Dear readers,

We love you all very much. :3 comment&subscribe?

Love us for this chapter.

~Mykaela