I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

I Don't Believe In Being Lonely

"So..."

It had taken Spencer awhile to finally work up the courage to come upstairs again, and I was trying not to laugh at how awkward he was being while Ryan glanced at the spines of the books he'd found in the closet. I didn't know why he was even bothering, though. It's not like he was going to be reading any of them. At least, not if I had any say in it.

"So what?" Ryan asked, looking at him. Spencer shrugged.

"Well, I, uh, just wanted to know if you guys wanted anything from the pizza place, because I'm ordering out. I was gonna ask the last time I came up, but..."

"Oh." I glanced over at Ryan. "Damn. When was the last time we even...hell yeah, I want pizza!"

Ryan laughed.

"Do they have fries? I haven't had fries in forever," he said, walking away from the books and throwing himself onto the bed. "Oh, and soda. I mean, I've had soda lately, but I want some. Can you order a two liter, Spencer?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure," Spencer replied. "Um. Yeah. I'll call, then. And you guys know you don't have to stay up here, right? I mean, you can if you want, it doesn't matter to me, I just, uh-"

"Spencer, stop being awkward," I laughed, rolling my eyes. "You were never like this way back when. Oh, and do you have video games?"

Spencer sighed.

"You didn't have a murderous boyfriend way back when," he mumbled. "And yeah, they're downstairs by the TV."

I couldn't help the smile that made its way onto my face at the word boyfriend because, yeah, Ryan was my boyfriend now.

"Brendon's a killer too, you know," Ryan pointed out.

"Hey, yeah, I can be murderous!" I pouted.

Spencer laughed a little.

"Brendon? You're like a puppy," he chuckled. I frowned.

"A rabid puppy," I muttered. "You know, foaming at the mouth, angry. Deadly, if you don't have your rabies shot. You'll see, the next time we stop somewhere."

"Yeah, yeah," Spencer said, still half-smiling. "Just do me a favor and, you know, leave me alive?"

"We'll see what we can do," Ryan laughed. I was pretty sure Spencer was a little scared of him and took it seriously, though, because he smiled nervously and mumbled something about calling the pizza guy as an excuse before leaving the room.

"Is he scared of me?" Ryan asked, glancing in my direction.

"We kidnapped him, locked him in the trunk of a car, made out in his closet, and forced him to buy us pizza," I stated. "I'm sure he expected this from me, but you, he doesn't even know. All he knows about you is that you've been on America's Most Wanted more than once, and have a violent history," I laughed. "He'll get over it, though. I think."

Ryan rolled his eyes.

"I guess. Not complaining, though. I'd rather have him be scared of me than be all buddy-buddy with me. It'd make him more inclined to want to stay, and I don't want to have to kill another person that doesn't deserve it just because he won't listen to us."

My eyes widened.

"You can't kill Spencer!" I gasped. "He's giving us pizza!"

"I totally meant after the pizza," Ryan chuckled. "If he died before that, who would answer the door for the pizza guy?"

"We could always kill the pizza guy too," I laughed. "Use his blood for sauce on another pizza."

Ryan scrunched up his nose.

"I'm a lot of things, Brendon. But I'm not a cannibal."

"We wouldn't be cannibals, Ryan, we'd be vampires!" I sighed. I shook my head because honestly now, the difference between a cannibal and a vampire was more than obvious.

"Either way," Ryan said, shrugging before he stood. "Want to go downstairs?"

"I'd rather stay up here, honestly," I replied, smirking before standing up so I was almost level with him. He arched an eyebrow and took a step closer, returning my smirk.

"Oh?"

"Absolutely," I said, closing the distance in between us and pressing our lips together. He immediately responded by resting his hands on my hips.

Part of me (a large part) wondered why I hadn't asked to do this sooner because, god, I hadn't known what I was missing out on. It was sad, really, how Ryan and I had been partners for so long, and I'd never realized how perfectly we fit together until today; and how neither of us had noticed that we'd been tip-toeing around this for awhile now.

I deepened the kiss, causing Ryan to tighten his grip on my hips, and I took a step backwards, closer to the large bed in the center of the room before Ryan pulled away.

"Bren, it's been like three hours," he laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"You suck," I muttered, and he laughed again.

"I-"

He was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Spencer?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm knocking this time, to make sure it's PG-13 before I come in," he chuckled.

"What counts as PG-13?" Ryan asked. There was a pause.

"Language that may not be suitable for children, animal violence, and brief nudity," Spencer replied.

"Oh, then by all means, come in," I laughed. The door opened, revealing an amused-looking Spencer.

"Pizza's here, if you guys are still hungry," he informed us.

"You know," Ryan pointed out, "most normal U.S. citizens, upon having two serial killers in their house, would call the cops and have them arrested, thus becoming a hero. But you, instead, offer us pizza."

"Don't complain, Ryan! Pizza!" I exclaimed, dragging him towards the door by his wrist. "Come on!"

"Yeah, seriously," Spencer laughed. "Come on. Never take pizza for granted."

Ryan rolled his eyes and complied, following us downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
O_O to avoid a most painful death, I'll avoid saying my chapters suck from here on out.

Sorry this took so long. I suck. You all have permission to cut me into pieces and use my blood to paint a picture of how you killed me.

You're all amazing and I love you <3