Girls On Film

chapter 10

Avery laid back on the bed looking up at the ceiling in horror. Her shirt was pulled up to the underwire of her bra. Her lips were still red and plump from all the kissing and nibbling they had endured. Her hair was all over the place, she looked a mess. The thing that made all of this worse, was Jimmy. He was lying by her side. His warm hand still carressing her bare stomach. His lips seemed to be permanently attached to her neck. "Jimmy." Avery sighed. "Jimmy, come on, stop." She said trying to pull him away from her neck. Jimmy's hand slowly danced across her skin. Her stomach coiled and twisted into knots. She untangled her fingers from his hair and brought it down to his hand to remove it from her stomach. "I really need to get some sleep." She said as she got up. She walked around the bed and made her way to her own.

"Why don't you just stay over here?" Jimmy asked as he grabbed her hand. He pulled her back over to the bed and tried to sit her down. "Stay with me."

"No, Jimmy." She said pulling away. "I'm going to get in my bed," she sighed. "And you're going to stay in yours." She said. Avery pulled back the sheets of the bed and quickly climbed in the bed. She didn't dare change. She figured she could spare one uncomfortable night instead of an uncomfortable morning waking up naked next to Jimmy. Avery turned on her side so her back was facing him. She hoped he was doing the same. "Goodnight." She huffed.

"Why are you acting like that now Avery?" Jimmy asked. "You weren't a few minutes ago."

"Jimmy, please go to sleep." She sighed.

"No." Jimmy said getting up from his bed. He walked around her bed and knelt down in front of her. "What's up Avery?" He asked. "Why the sudden mood change?" Because Jimmy had kissed her silly. She wasn't thinking when he was hovering over her with his hand working it's way under her top. Avery just laid back and kissed him, feeling fucked out of her mind. But she sure as hell wasn't telling him that. She wasn't going to let him think that he had that effect on her. The thing that was really getting to her, was that while she was grabbing fistfuls of Jimmy's hair, or softly nibbling on his lips, she wasn't thinking of Jeffey. She was rolling around in Jimmy's bed kissing and giggling like they've done it before and there wasn't a single thought of Jeffey in her mind. Now that bubbly feeling was gone, and Avery was sent back to reality. It was like a slap across the face. When she realized what she had just done, it stung.

"Because we're both getting married Jimmy." She said. "Even if you're mad at Sophie, you're still going to marry her. And I'm marrying Jeffey." Jimmy rolled his eyes. "We can never do that again. I feel bad enough that I let it go that far."

"We didn't do anything." Jimmy said. "You stopped me before all the good stuff happened."

"Well we can never almost do anything again." Avery sighed. "I'm sorry about Sophie. What she did was pretty fucked up, but please don't drag Jeffey and I's relation ship in it." She said. Jimmy frowned.

"I didn't force you to kiss me." Jimmy said. "And I sure as hell wasn't kissing myself."

"I know." Avery said. "I'm just saying we should leave it at that. Now please, just leave me alone." She said as she rolled over.

"Fine." Jimmy said. "If that's what you want." Jimmy walked back over to his bed, turned off the light, and slipped under his sheets. Avery rolled over again and burried her face into her pillow. She felt so guilty and so confused. She couldn't help but let the gumdrop sized tears seap into the pillow.

Avery kept her eyes closed. She had them shut so tightly it was starting to hurt. She wanted to go back to sleep. She didn't want to wake up and face the day. She would have to see Jimmy and try to ignore him for another day, and she would have to talk to Jeffey. She was going to tell him. She had to tell him. She didn't want to go into a marriage with secrets. Especially one of this magnitude. She was going to tell him everything and hoped that he would still love her, and even marry her.

Once Avery realized there was no way she was getting back to sleep, she got up. She tried to get out of her bed as quietly as possible, but there was no use in trying. So, she grabbed her bag that was at the foot of her bed and walked into the bathroom. She wasn't for sure when they were leaving, so she just decided to get dressed now.

She in the middle of brushing her teeth when she heard her phone ringing. She felt her heart slither down into her toes. She knew it was Jeffey. But she couldn't answer it. She didn't want to tell him now. She wanted to wait when she was in the right state of mind. "Avery." Jimmy said from the other side of the door. Great. Avery thought. Not only was Jeffey calling but Jimmy was awake.

"What?" She asked.

"Open the door." He groaned.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"To piss." He said. Avery frowned as she opened the door. She grabbed her bag and pushed pass him to get out the bathroom. "Your phone's ringing." He said.

"Yea, thanks." Avery sighed. She sat down on her bed and put her hair up into a messy bun. "Jimmy." Avery sighed.

"What?" He asked as he flushed the toilet. Avery stood up and walked back over to the bathroom. Jimmy was hovering over the sink trying to put tooth paste on his tooth brush.

"I'm going to tell Jeffey." She said. Jimmy looked up at her.

"What?"

"I'm telling Jeffey, and you should tell Sophie."

"Maybe I will." He said. "In about a week or so. Like she did me."

"You should make up with her." Avery said.

"I don't want to make up with her." Jimmy said.

"Well what are you going to do Jimmy?" Avery huffed. "You're supossed to be marrying her. She was wrong in what she did, but you can't stay mad at her forever." Jimmy didn't say anything else. He just turned his attention back onto his tooth brush and began brushing his teeth. Avery sighed and leaned against the door frame. "Jimmy!"

"What?!" He slurred with a mouth full of toothpaste.

"I'm serious." She said. "I'm telling Jeffey and you should tell Sophie."

"I'll tell her." He said. "When I feel like it." Avery shook her head and sighed.

"Your mad at her for doing what she did, and waiting to tell you when she did it." She said. "You're doing the same thing, Jimmy." Jimmy just shrugged. "If you don't tell her Jimmy, I will." Jimmy spit out his tooth paste and looked up at her.

"What kind of shit is that Avery?" He asked.

"If you don't tell her now, you won't ever tell her." She said. "I don't want this to build up and come out later on when everything is all good and well."

"Don't you think this is a bit much Avery?" Jimmy asked. "I mean all we did was kiss."

"Do you think Sophie will think of it as just a kiss?" Avery asked.

"Do you think Jeffey will?"

"No." Avery said. "That's why I'm going to tell him." She walked back into the room and sat down on the bed with a huff. She brought her hands up to her face as she tried not to cry. She felt like such a fool. It was her fault she was in this mess.

When Jimmy walked out of the bathroom, he saw her sitting on her bed. Her hands covering her face and her shoulders were shaking. He bit down on his lip as he walked over to her and sat down on the bed next to her. "Don't." She said as she brought her hands away from her face. "I can't stay here." She said. "I'm think I'm going to go home."

"For what?" He asked. Avery didn't say anything. She kept her eyes on the carpet in front of her. "Avery." She said. Avery closed her eyes and shook her head. "Avery." He repeated as he grabbed her hand. "You can't go." Avery brought her free hand up to her face and wiped away a few tears. "Look at me." Jimmy said. Avery turned a bit to look at him. "You can't go." He said.

"I can't stay." She said looking back at the carpet.

"Avery," He smiled. "Who's going to take care of me?"

"Jimmy, I-"

"Come on," He said. "You said you were going to make it better." Avery just continued to look at the floor. "How are you going to make it better if you're not here?"

"You don't need me here." She sniffed.

"Yea, I do." Avery looked up at him and pulled her hand away from his quickly.

"I'm leaving." Avery said. "I'm going to call Jeffey and let him know I'm coming home." She sighed as she stood up. "I'm going to tell him what happened last night, and hope that he forgives me." She said. Jimmy nodded.

"All right." He sighed. He stood up and looked down at Avery. "All right. Fine. You go home and tell Jeffey." He cupped her cheeks in his hands and leaned down and kissed her. Avery brought her hands up to his chest, but she didn't push him away. She was back in that messed up state she was in the night before.

When Jimmy pulled away, he looked down at Avery. Her eyes were still closed and she was biting her bottom lip. "Jimmy..." Avery looked up at him to see him smirking down at her.

"And make sure you tell him about that, too."