Girls On Film

chapter 12

"So, you and Jimmy mad at each other?" Sophie asked as she placed her bag on the floor. Avery was frantically trying to gather all of her belongings. She was trying so hard not to look at Sophie. Something had changed about her on the car ride to the bus.

"Yea." Avery finally said.

"What did he do this time?" Sophie asked.

"He was just being an ass." Avery stammered. "You know how Jimmy is." She said. Avery wasn't looking at Sophie, but she could tell that she was looking at her. She felt Sophie looming over her, as if she were going to pounce and claw her eyes out. So, Avery just grabbed her things and left, with out saying another word. She practically bolted towards the front of the bus. That back area was so congested with tension it was choking her. It was only big enough for one person to breathe in there, and Sophie was that person.

"I think it's pretty lame you're leaving." Matt said to Avery as she sat her bag down.

"It's not like you guys want me here." She sighed.

"Shut up," Matt groaned. "If we didn't want you here, you wouldn't be here." Avery looked up at him and smiled.

"Matt," She said. "Is this your way of saying you're going to miss me." Avery asked. Matt frowned.

"Fuck no." He said before walking off the bus.

"Ass!" Avery yelled.

"What time do you guys play?" Sophie asked Jimmy.

"At five." He yawned. He kicked off his shoes and stretched. "Wake me up at four, okay?" He was just about to climb in his bunk when Sophie said something that caught him off guard.

"I know it was Avery." She sighed.

"Huh?" Jimmy asked. His voice breaking a bit.

"You fucked her didn't you?" She asked.

"Avery?" Jimmy asked. Sophie nodded. She looked so pissed. Jimmy had never seen her so angry. "No". He said. "I didn't fuck her." He leaned back against the bunks and folded his arms across his chest. "I kissed her though." He whispered.

"Jimmy, why didn't you tell me?!" She asked.

"I tried!" Jimmy said. "I tried to fucking tell you but you said you didn't want to hear it."

"But it's Avery!" Sophie said. Tears were slowly streaming down her face. "It's not some girl you just fucking met on tour. It's someone you've known longer than you've known me. Someone who fucking matters! Why would you wait to tell me?!" She asked.

"Why would you wait to tell me about a Goddamn abortion?!" Jimmy asked.

"Is that why you did this?" Sophie asked. "Is that why you fucking messed up a good thing? Because you were pissed at me?" Sophie asked. She stood there looking at him, waiting for an answer. Wearing her tears with no shame.

"Yea." Jimmy said shrugging. "That's why."

"Well, I'm sorry I was feeling scared and overwelmed with having a fucking kid on my own, Jimmy. Not all of us can tour around the world and make out with our best friend... who is also getting married." She said the last part a bit louder so Avery could hear. "Did that cross your mind Jimmy? When you were kissing Avery did you stop to think about how Jeffey was going to feel?" Sophie asked. "You're not just fucking up our relationship, you're messing with their's."

"I'm sorry." He said shrugging his shoulders again. "What's done is done. What do you want me to say?" Sophie looked at him for a long, hard second before turning on her heels and walking off the bus.

Avery flinched as Sophie walked past her. She had heard it all. Hell, everyone had heard it. She felt so ashamed and embarrassed. All the guys were staring at her with their mouths open. They were shocked. None of them had even though that Avery would be the one to do such a thing. Modtly because she was so in love with Jeffey. Now, no one knew what to say to her. They all just watched her as she shook in her seat like a lost puppy. "Avery..." Zacky said softly from his seat across from her. "Avery, are you okay?" He knew that she was the last person who should be recieving comfort. She was one of the wrong doers in this situation. But she was just sitting there, shaking from humiliation. All he wanted to do was console her and make her feel better. He's never seen her so weak. She was always so pushy and she had that fuck off type attitude. Now she just seemed so small. He reached out and placed his hand on her shaking knee. "Avery..."

"I'm sorry." She said looking up at all the guys' faces. "You guys probably think I'm so..." She put her head down and sighed loudly. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"She got an abortiion?" Brian asked. Avery nodded.

"Yea." She said. "The day after she had left. But she didn't tell Jimmy for about a week."

"That day when I saw you two on the bus." Johnny said. Avery nodded again. "And then you guys..."

"We just kissed." She said.

"And this is why you're leaving?" Zacky asked.

"Yea," Avery sighed as she nodded her head. "I can't stay here. I got to get home and tell Jeffey."

"You didn't tell him yet?" Brian asked. Avery shook her head.

"No. I need to tell him." She said. "But i don't want to call him. You know? I would rather tell him in person." They all nodded.

"Well," Johnny said trying his best to smile. "Good luck."