Girls On Film

chapter 3

Avery never understood how Sophie could be so happy when Jimmy was going to leave. She would smile and joke around with the guys until it was time to leave. She would kiss Jimmy and tell him to hurry back. Avery didn't get that. Whnever she left Jeffey, she felt like she was leaving her best friend. Maybe it was just her. "You got all your shit?" Matt asked as he stood in front of the door with his hands wrapped around his girlfriend Jaylin's hips. She wasn't Avery's favorite. The fact that Matt was with her because she was 'a good lay' only made Avery think less of her. But since she was Matt's girlfriend, Avery tried to be civil.

"Yea." Avery nodded. She looked over at the phone. Jeffey said he would call her before she left. But the phone hasn't rang all morning. She's been starring at it since she had woke up.

"Did you get all my stuff?" Jimmy asked Sophie as he went through one of his bags. She nodded.

"Yea. I got all your stuff." She said. "If you would've came home last night, you would've been able to carry that heavy crap instead of me." She said. She removed the bag from his lap and took it's place. Jimmy looked over at Avery who was still looking at the phone.

"Jeffey still hasn't called huh?" He asked. Avery shook her head as she bit down on her lip.

"He better hurry up." Johnny said as he made his way downstairs. "We can't be waiting forever." Avery looked up at him and frowned.

"What were you doing upstairs?" She asked him. Before he could even open his mouth, his girlfriend Ami came bouncing down the stairs. She began to blush when Matt and Zacky started to laugh. "Wow." Avery whispered to herself. "No respect at all."

"Sorry." Johnny shrugged. Avery just shook her head as she plopped down on the couch next to Jimmy and Sophie.

"What's up with you Avery?" Zacky asked from the kicthen. "You look tired as hell."

"I am." Avery said as she ran a hand down her face. "I was up all night baby sitting." She said. Jimmy reached over and pinched her.

"Jimmy came over again?" Brian asked from outside the front door. He was leaning against the wall smoking a cigarette.

"Yea." Avery said. "Where's Tara?" She asked Brian.

"Visiting her parents." He said. "She left last night." She looked over at Zacky. He was going through liquor cabinet. "Where's Harmony?" She asked him.

"She didn't want to come." He said. "She said she was too tired."

"Hey," Brian said. "What are we waiting for?" He asked.

"For Jeffey." Jimmy and Avery said at the same time.

"We can't be waiting all day for Jeffey to call Avery." He said.

"We're no where near late Brian." She said. "We could wait a bit longer." She looked over at the phone one more time. She was starting to get worried, and a bit pissed off. If Jeffey said he was going to call, he would call. What the hell was stopping him now? "Let's just go." She said after another minute of the staring at the phone.

"We can go?" Brian asked. Avery nodded.

"I'll just have to try and get ahold of him later."

"You sure?" Jimmy asked looking over at her. Avery nodded again.

"All right then." Zacky said. "Let's go."

Avery was a little pissed. She had to watch them all hug and kiss, and in Matt's case, grope their girlfriends. Now that she was ready to go, they all wanted to make out. All except Brian and Zacky. They were at her side talking and laughing. Avery found herself looking at Sophie and Jimmy. As usual, Sophie hadn't shed a tear. She had her arms wrapped around Jimmy's middle and she was smiling sweetly up at him. He was looking down at her in the same way. And for some reason, reasons beyond Avery's knowlegde, she was jealous. Seeing them so happy just made her want Jeffey even more.

She put her hand on her hip and popped her jaw to the side. "Can we please go now?"

It had been a while since Avery had seen the guys play. If anything could make her leave Jeffey, it was seeing the guys perform. She loved the lights, she loved the crowd, and she liked to watch the guys. They were so different when they were on stage. Avery found herself to be fasinated by them. She would just stand there and watch them from start to finish. This would make her forgive them for all the dumb shit that they were constantly doing to her.

Avery's phone began to vibrate in her pocket as the guys began to close up their set. She pulled it out and brought it close to her face as she tried to read the name. It was Jeffey. She felt her heart sink into the pit of her stomach as she answered the phone. "Jeffey?" She asked as she put her finger to her ear.

"Babe you won't believe what happened to me." He laughed.

"What?" She asked. Her heart began to beat a bit faster.

"I got arrested last night." He said.

"For what?" Avery asked as she walked away from the stage.

"For pissing in public." He laughed. As much as Avery wanted to be mad, she couldn't help but laugh with him.

"You're such a dumbass." She laughed.

"I know." He said. "I just wanted to call you since I couldn't yesterday morning." He said. "You at a show now?" He asked.

"Yea." She said. "You can't tell?" She asked.

"Yea." He said. "Well call me when you get out of there, all right?"

"All right." Avery said. "Love you."

"Love you too." He said just before hanging up. Avery put her phone back in her pocket and turned back around to walk to the stage. But the guys were already done. They were all trying to cool themselves down.

"Who were you talking to?" Jimmy asked.

"Jeffey." Avery said smiling.

"He finally called?" Johnny asked. Avery nodded. "What took him so long?"

"He was arrested." She said. Matt looked up at her and laughed.

"Bullshit." He said.

"For what?" Jimmy asked. Avery shook her head.

"Don't worry about it." She said. "It's not important."

"Whatever." Jimmy said. "Gimme your phone."

"For what?"

"I need to call Sophie." He said.

"You can't wait until we get to the bus?" Avery asked.

"Why are you being a whore?" He asked. "Just let me use your phone." Avery tossed him her phone and sat down next to him. "I need to call her before I get wasted."

"No more." Avery said as she tried to hide the horriblle face she was making. "I'm done."

"Just one more." Zacky said as he shoved another glass in her direction.

"No." She said. "I've already drank way too much."

"Come on. Just one more." Jimmy said. "Damn Avery, what happened to you? You used to be able to hang with the best of em'."

"I used to be a lot dumber too." For some reason that got the guys laughing. Avery chuckled a bit as she sat her head down on the table. "No." She said one more time. "I'm just going to head off to the back and go to sleep." She said getting up. She stumbled a bit and landed in Jimmy's lap.

"I think this is the first time in a while where you've been more messed up than me." He said helping her up. Avery didn't say anything. She couldn't. She knew if you opened her mouth she would throw up on him for sure. She took off down the aisle of the bus and quickly made her way into the bathroom.

She sat there in front of the toilet coughing and hacking up everything she had consumed that day. Half through it, she felt someone's hand rubbing her back. "Don't say I never did anything for you." Jimmy said as he pulled her hair back away from her face.

"Sorry Jimmy." She said once she was done. Jimmy just shrugged and picked her up in his arms.

"Looks like I'm baby sitting you tonight."