Girls On Film

chapter 9

Jimmy never went to sleep. He laid there in his bunk just tossing and turning. Mentally beating himself up. He felt as if what Sophie did was somehow his fault. When the bus stopped, Jimmy was the first person off the bus. And Avery was right there with him, constantly trying to make him feel better. Babying him. She was with him before the show, she sat backstage during the show, and was right back at his side after. Jimmy was mildly annoyed, but he couldn't be more grateful. "We're staying." Brian announced. "We're going to be staying in a hotel for the night."

"Why?" Avery asked.

"We've got a day to spare." He said shrugging. "So, we're going to go find a bar... or two."

"I'm not really in the bar hopping mood guys." She sighed.

"Well, fine." Brian said. "Stay at the hotel while we have fun."

"I'm not going either." Jimmy said.

"Oh that's right." Johnny said. "The only way Jimmy would go and get drunk is if Avery is there to help him off his ass." Avery looked over at Jimmy who was staring at his water bottle intently. He was sitting in a small metal folding chair, hunched over. Avery could tell he was still thinking about Sophie. She felt so bad for him. She wanted to make all of his pain go away.

"You wanna go Jimmy?" She asked him.

"Not if you're staying." He said looking up at her.

"He's need somebody to take care of him." Zacky joked.

"And it sure as hell won't be me." Matt said. Avery rolled her eyes. It was obvious Jimmy hadn't told the guys what happened, because she was sure they wouldn't continue to joke around with him if they knew.

"I'll take care of you Jimmy." She said.

"I'm just about ready to go upstairs." Brian sighed. "I need to sleep." They were all sitting at a small round table in the middle of the small bar at their hotel. Everyone had been drinking since they got there, and no one was really drunk.

"No, no, no." Jimmy slurred. "Let's stay a little while longer." Nobody but Jimmy. But that's what he was going for.

"We should probably go Jimmy." Avery said. She was already preparing herself for the shit Jimmy was about to get her into. He was wasted, and she was taking care of him. This was way worst than it would be if they were home.

"Come on Avery." He said resting his head on her shoulder.

"No let's go, Jimmy." She said standing up. To her surprise Jimmy stood up on his own. He stumbled a bit as they walked, but he was fine.

"You got your key?" Matt asked her. Avery nodded as she tapped her back pocket.

"Yup." Everyone was forced to get paired up and share a room. Avery shared one with Jimmy. Zacky and Johnny shared a room, and Matt and Brian shared a room. Once in the elevator, Jimmy wrapped his arms around Avery and kind of leaned against her.

"Are you going to need some help getting him to your room?" Matt asked. It was the first time that he had ever offered to help her with Jimmy.

"Yea." She said. "Thanks."

"Are you cold Matt?" Jimmy asked from Avery's shoulder.

"No..." Matt said looking at him. "Why?" Jimmy laughed a bit as he brought his hands up to Matt's chest.

"Circle circle, dot dot." He smiled. Matt slapped Jimmy's hand away from his chest and looked at Avery. Zacky was leaning back against the corner of the elevator laughing. Avery even had to stiffle a giggle.

"You're on your own Avery." Matt said.

"Oh come on Matt." She said as the elevator came to a stop. Jimmy was slowly going limp in her arms. "Fuck." She muttered to herself. The elevator doors opened and everyone started to get out. Everyone but Jimmy and Avery. "Please Jimmy, not now." She said.

"Avery," He groaned into her neck. "I think I'm going to throw up." He said. Avery tried her hardest to pull him out the elevator before it closed.

"This is all the help you're getting from me." Matt said as he kept the doors from closing.

"Thanks." Avery said. "Can you get my key out of my back pocket?" She asked him.

"I told you I'm not helping you anymore." He said. "You can thank Jimmy."

"Come on, just get it." She said. "You're not dragging an extra body with you." Avery turned around a bit and kind of stuck out her butt so Matt could get her key.

"Here." He said trying to hand it to her. Avery grabbed it from him before muttering another thank you.

"Please don't throw up on me Jimmy." Avery said as she began pulling him down the hall. "Just a few more doors."

"How many times did Sophie call me tonight?" Jimmy slurred.

"I don't know." Avery said. "About six, why?"

"What did you tell her?"

"That you were unavailable." She said. Jimmy held onto Avery tighter and let himself be dragged down the hall. When they reached their room, Avery ran the card through the lock and waited a few seconds before it turned green. "You all right?" She asked as she pushed the door open.

"For now." Jimmy said. Avery brought him over to the bathroom and let him fall next to the toilet. "I'm sorry Avery." He said.

"For what?" She asked.

"I know how much you hate taking care of me." Avery shook her head.

"I don't mind taking care of you Jimmy." She said. "Jeffey's not here. Sophie's not here." She said. "Those asshole down the hall won't help you. So, I will." She said. Jimmy had his head back and his eyes closed, but he was smilling. He was just starting to relize how good Avery was to him, and how much shit she had to put up with. No wonder she was always in a bad mood. She had to worry about him, take care of herself, and try to mainstain a realtionship with Jeffey while being on the road with five other guys. "I love you Avery." Jimmy said.

"What?" Avery frowned.

"I love you." He said. "I don't say that enough, you know?"

"I guess not." Avery said. "I love you too, Jimmy." She said. "I thought you had to throw up." Jimmy just shrugged. "That's what you would normally do now." Avery laughed. "You'd throw up then ask me to call Sophie, then pa-" Avery noticed how Jimmy kind of winced when she mentioned Sophie's name. "I'm sorry Jimmy." She said softly as she came to his side.

"I still can't believe what she did." He said. "It just seems so... foul." He said.

"You haven't told the guys yet, huh?" Avery asked. Jimmy shook his head.

"I don't want them to feel sorry for me." He said. "You know, it's kind of embarrassing." Avery nodded. Jimmy has never acted so sober while he was drunk. He groaned loudly as he let his head fall onto her shoulder. "She wanted it more then I did." Jimmy said. "I just don't..."

"Don't talk about it anymore Jimmy." Avery said running her fingers through his hair. "Now are you going to throw up or not, because I'm tired." She sighed.

"Naw." Jimmy said trying to stand up. Avery got up and helped him to his feet. He slung his arm over her shoulders so she could help him get into his bed.

"You played good tonight." She said looking up at him. "Better then normal in my opinion."

"Yea?" Jimmy asked as Avery sat him down on his bed.

"Mhmm." She nodded. She got down on her knees and began pulling off his shoes. They both jumped when they heard the loud, obnoxious ringing of her cell phone. She walked over to her bag and pulled out her phone. She sighed as she turned it off and tossed it back.

"Who was it?" Jimmy asked.

"Jeffey." She said. "But he can wait."

"You can call him back if you want." Jimmy said lying back on his bed. "I'm not going anywhere." Avery crawled up on his bed and curled up close to him. She wrapped her arm around his middled and laid her head on his chest.

"I'll call him in the morning." She said. They both laid there in silence. Jimmy was staring up at the ceiling, his arms tightly wrapped around Avery's small frame. "Cheer up." Avery said as she began to rub his chest.

"I can't stop thinking about it Avery." Jimmy sighed.

"Jimmy-"

"I was starting to warm up to the idea of being a father." Avery looked up at Jimmy. She was starting to question if he was really drunk or not. "Avery," Jimmy smiled. "Don't laugh at me but, I started thinking of baby names."

"Really?" Avery giggled. Jimmy nodded. "Tell me a few of them." She said smiling.

"It doesn't matter now." He said. "There's no baby." Avery pushed her face into his neck.

"Oh Jimmy." Avery sighed. "I'm sorry." She said for the hundreth time. "I wish I could make it better." Avery looked at him for a second. He was so sad. She could tell by his eyes. They were still a bit red from when he had been crying earlier. She laid her head back down and sighed. "I wish I could make it all go away." She said into his neck. Jimmy turned his head and looked at her. She was staring back at him with such caring eyes. Her feelings were so sincere. Jimmy knew that she was hurting just as much as he was.

"Make it go away Avery." He said. He brought his hand up to her cheek and carresed it lightly with his thumb. She smiled sweetly and closed her eyes. Jimmy leaned forward and kissed her softly on her lips. To his surprise she didn't pull away like she did that morning in his bunk. She held onto him tighter than before and pushed her lips back onto his own. "Make it all go away."