Status: My computer died a while ago, and I've been super busy, so this is on a hiatus.

About A Girl.

Chapter One; Awake.

When my eyes opened for what felt like the first time ever, they fluttered, unwilling to accept the brightness of what surrounded me. I blinked rapidly, trying to focus on something. My head was turned on it's side, and I could see something there. Something that was dark against the white. My attention turned towards something warm that was holding my hand. The dark figure had some sort of cylinder coming out of it, and it was holding me.

My thoughts and visions were blurred. I couldn't make out what was around me, or figure out the words to describe the sights. Words popped into my head randomly, seeming to be appropriate, but I didn't want to make a fool of myelf.

I looked back up to the figure, and my blinking stopped. It was still fuzzy, but I could make out a man. His head was lying beside my body and I could see his chest slowly rising and falling. It soon occurred to me that his hand was the warm thing holding my own.

I stared at him, curious. Who was he? I didn't recognize the messy black hair, the pale skin, or the bright blue eyes that soon met my own. The man awoke, opening his eyes wide with excitement as I raised an eyebrow. Why was he reacting this way? And why was I still holding the strangers hand?

Freaked out, I ripped my hand away from his right after he had a screaming fit. He called for doctors and some one named Brian. I sat up, attempting to get away from this person. The beeping from the machine near me increased rapidly. The man turned around to face me as I let go of his hand, his smile turning to a frown.

"Charlotte? What's wrong?" He seemed quite upset as new people rushed in the room, pushing him further away from me. "Why is she acting like that!?" He yelled at a man with a white coat."Tell me!" He insisted, frightening me even more as his arms went up into the air. I whimpered and covered my eyes with my frail hands.

"Mr.Sullivan, calm down or else you'll be escorted out of the hospital." The new man said, coming closer to me. I glanced at another new face standing by the door. His hair was dark and spiked, and from a distance I could see spots of colour on his exposed arms. They must be tattoos.

"Now, Mrs.Devoh..." The man stopped in front of me, pulling out a pen and a board. "How old are you?" He asked, looking at me intently. My eyes grew wide as I realized, I had no idea how old I was, where I was, or who I was.

"I..." My voice cracked. "I have no idea." Tears brimmed at my eyelids, and soon leaked down my cheeks. "What happened to me?" I asked, leaning towards the man, wanting answers. My body felt heavy, and my mind raced. My fingers wrapped around the bedsheets under me, holding on tight.

The doctor sighed, taking off his glasses.

"You have amnesia. You were in a car accident just 2 weeks ago with this man right here." The man, who I now figured was a doctor, pointed to the first man I saw. "Do you know what I am?" He asked, probably wanting to see how bad my memory was.

"You're a doctor." I answered, hoping I was correct. The doctor smiled and nodded.

"This is good. Maybe your memory will come back quickly." He turned to the other two men. "She needs to stay one more night but then you can take her home. For now, try to jog her memory a bit." The doctor spoke one last time before shaking the tallest man's hand and leaving.

The tallest man was the first to move towards me, bowing his head.

"I'm sorry I scared you Charlotte, but I can't believe you've forgotten us." The tall man said sadly, standing right beside my bed. The other man shook his head and rolled his eyes, approaching the bed as well.

"Well of course she doesn't remember you. She hated you, remember?" My eyebrows rose. I hated this man? And who was this other guy? His voice sounded very familiar, and relaxing... I had to know him.

"This feels weird to do..." The other man said, holding out his hand. "But I'm Brian, your boyfriend." I looked at his large hand, outstretched towards me. I let my hand crawl out from under the white bedsheets and timidly placed it into his. Brian smiled at the contact and gripped my hand once before letting it fall. I watched as his eyes followed my hand when I let it drop. I could tell he didn't want to let it go.

Not wanting to cause him any pain, I reached forward, grabbing the back of his hand and smiled up at him. His eyes brightened as he smiled, his warm brown eyes looking right into my own. I felt comfortable.

The tall man coughed, watching with an unpleasant look. "I'm Jimmy, and yes, you hated me because we didn't meet in the best situation." My focus snapped to the man I now knew as Jimmy. "I stole your brother's hockey helmet out of your garage when I first moved to California. You punched me in the face." A small smile crept onto my lips.

But a feeling hit me so fast, I had no time to control it. My eyes flew to the back of my head, and all I could see was blackness. I could feel my band arched, and I could hear Brian and Jimmy yelling, but I couldn't stop it.

It was almost like a film playing before my eyes. Around the moving pictures it was hazy. I could see a road ahead of me. I could smell cigarette smoke. I could hear some metal music through the speakers of the truck. It was a truck we were in. I could also taste the liquor on my tongue. It was a deadly concoction.

Finally, I could feel the steering wheel in my hands.

"Charlotteeee." I turned and saw Jimmy, smiling so much his eyes were nearly closed. His breath hit me like a train.


My vision went black once again, but I could still hear. I heard a loud yell, a scream, a horn, bright lights flashed in front of me quickly, and then nothing.

I gasped, my eyes opening quickly. My body jolted forward. My chest heaved.

The doctor was in the room again, studying me.

"What did you see Charlotte?" He asked. Jimmy looked shocked, and Brian looked worried. His right hand was on my back, and his left was holding my own tightly. I blinked, trying to register what had just happened.

"A car accident."
♠ ♠ ♠
I was walking my dog and this randomly came to my head. I know I really shouldn't write a new story since I have Alice Practice on the go, but, I really wanted to. xD
Comment please? I'd like to know if this is just too cliche, or worth continuing? I don't believe I've read anything like what I have in mind, so, let me know!